Sando on Meaning of Fisher hiring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
DR RAM said:
Stan's only reason for hiring Fisher...

[mp3]http://audio2.hark.com/production/audio/000/003/520/3520.mp3?Expires=1326514030&Signature=fFMiXaFwG0SgmSm1QeqF81w94S3S2Al~HrX82gBpCPtpE6YLLUQe-jOlYni9niTtW8dwcvhb04AZO0bc8ih-FP--aRKzCrYvw1as2Rj~GCzyH6SgSxCgAVE1ucKcskUkCDRC6uXozL0WR3KyPxn4scxDcIgiOPoWGH-EvEudczU_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJQKB5APWST65Q4AQ[/mp3]

And a great mustache at that. The goatee is a good look for him too. Demoff, Every month is Movember, its time... mustache time. I still can't figure out why Peter Griffin ever shaved his?? :idk:

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:

[mp3]http://audio2.hark.com/production/audio/000/003/520/3520.mp3?Expires=1326514030&Signature=fFMiXaFwG0SgmSm1QeqF81w94S3S2Al~HrX82gBpCPtpE6YLLUQe-jOlYni9niTtW8dwcvhb04AZO0bc8ih-FP--aRKzCrYvw1as2Rj~GCzyH6SgSxCgAVE1ucKcskUkCDRC6uXozL0WR3KyPxn4scxDcIgiOPoWGH-EvEudczU_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJQKB5APWST65Q4AQ[/mp3]

WARNING: LANGUAGE
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxnGMcz5os[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
smram said:
DR RAM said:

And a great mustache at that. The goatee is a good look for him too. Demoff, Every month is Movember, its time... mustache time. I still can't figure out why Peter Griffin ever shaved his?? :idk:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il6c4bMmRHE[/youtube]

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
DR RAM said:
smram said:
DR RAM said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il6c4bMmRHE[/youtube]

That's classic Peter Griffin :cheers:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY[/youtube]

Fisher's job interview.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:
Since when is 8-8 a winning season? It's a non losing season. .500. Average. Yeah it'll look good compared to 2-14, but seriously, 8-8 for years is not what I want. I don't want mediocrity, I want winning seasons. I want this team to be like the Steelers, Packers, Patriots (w/o the cheating), the Colts of the past decade, Ravens.

8-8 would have won the division last season.

Not this year and def. couldn't get a wild card this year either. The NFC is gettin tougher as the Lions, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles, Cowboys, Cards, Seahawks, 49ers, along w/ the top teams like Saints, Giants, Packers.

smram said:
Angry Ram said:
Since when is 8-8 a winning season? It's a non losing season. .500. Average. Yeah it'll look good compared to 2-14, but seriously, 8-8 for years is not what I want. I don't want mediocrity, I want winning seasons. I want this team to be like the Steelers, Packers, Patriots (w/o the cheating), the Colts of the past decade, Ravens.

Oh c'mon Rammer. I'm not expecting a miracle here either. Its all in the hand he's dealt this year and next with injuries etc. However, we do know he can bring a steady hand here, I'm really looking forward to it. This guy has been through a lot of instabilities in his career. We know that if he has mediocre or better talent this will be a better team. I'm kinda pumped. He's respected, he'll recruit better coaching and free agents. He makes people just feel better that he's in control and not Linament or Zygmunt as an extreme. Really.

This guy can coach. Don't you think if his one franchise didn't play in three different cities with a cheap ass owner, cap hell through three years along with dealing with the power house Colts, his winning precentage would likely be 65% or greater? He's been through the same or similar issues as the Rams, yet his winning percentage is much better than this franchise through that timeframe. I am PUMPED. This is a great day in Rams history.

I want this team to be like that eventually. Next year, and possibly the year after fine 8-8 it's improvement. I'm just not that impressed, especially one for 15 years. Sando's assessment was a spit in the face to Rams fans. "Oh 8-8, that should satsify Rams fans."

RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:

It's quite possible that his teams would have been like the ones you mentioned with a better owner. I think Stan has showed that he will pony up. Let's see if Fisher and his GM make the right choices and his players can stay out of the MASH tent.

I suppose the one thing I would encourage fellow Rams fans to take out of all this is that Stan is all in. I'm encouraged by that - not necessarily Fisher's record as a head coach.

Maybe, I'm still very skeptical though. You know what this whole Kroenke/Fisher and fans situation reminds me of? When you buy a new car and have to deal w/ a slimy salesman. They are like "this baby is fully loaded, great milage, wine and dine ya." And there's me, the sheepish fan, relucantly buy the car and hope for the best. If they prove me wrong, great. I'll be the first to eat my words.

"Show me." Ain't that right squeaky?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
If they prove me wrong, great. I'll be the first to eat my words.

I don't know that there are any words to eat. Dude has a lot to prove. I'm sure you hope he has our Rams setting the world on fire. I'm not saying he's going to. Like you, I hope he does. I think he has all the opportunity and if nothing else, NO FUCKING EXCUSE not to win.

I don't know if it even makes sense but I will actually be less patient with Fisher than I was with Spags because of the supposed experience and hype. Not only that but I really do see a better foundation now versus what Spags and BD inherited.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:

I don't know that there are any words to eat. Dude has a lot to prove. I'm sure you hope he has our Rams setting the world on fire. I'm not saying he's going to. Like you, I hope he does. I think he has all the opportunity and if nothing else, NO FUCKING EXCUSE not to win.

I don't know if it even makes sense but I will actually be less patient with Fisher than I was with Spags because of the supposed experience and hype. Not only that but I really do see a better foundation now versus what Spags and BD inherited.

Once again...agreed. This guy doesn't get three years for the money and hype he gets. Second year, had better be a very noticeable improvement.... like playoffs or bust.

Angry Ram

RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:

Yup that's all I'm saying. He has all the hype. Back it up.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Geez, let the man unpack his bags!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel this is a solid hire even though I've never been a big Fisher fan. I think he has favorable conditions to walk into such as the #2 pick in the draft, some young solid core players, may have a little say in who the GM will be, an owner that seems to be ready to pony up to win, and a hungry fan base. Like stated earlier in this thread, injuries are just about the only thing that could be an obstacle to success!!!!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Ramhusker said:
... injuries are just about the only thing that could be an obstacle to success!!!!
You did not just say that. :ohno: You might as well have said, "What could happen?" You're lucky this is January. :bat:

I'm only half-joking, btw.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Can't tell you I'm super excited about having a coach with a barely winning record on board, but I am a glass half full kinda guy. It's always exciting to imagine what a new coach means for the team.
I guess I'm most excited about having some competent coordinators in here running the show. The Williams/Washburn speculation would be fantastic if it turns out true.
Spags helped develope and coach this core of guys up, now let's see if Fisher and his years of experience can give guys like Laurinaitis and Long that All-Pro push that I'm sure they have in them.

Angry Ram

Ramhusker said:
Geez, let the man unpack his bags!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel this is a solid hire even though I've never been a big Fisher fan. I think he has favorable conditions to walk into such as the #2 pick in the draft, some young solid core players, may have a little say in who the GM will be, an owner that seems to be ready to pony up to win, and a hungry fan base. Like stated earlier in this thread, injuries are just about the only thing that could be an obstacle to success!!!!

He's gonna get all that, PLUS

- A real FA period in a contract that forces teams to spend X dollars.

- Offseason workouts including an extra minicamp.

- No need to worry about if or when there will be football.

- Training camps starting on time.

He gets 1 year of slack from me, and that's only b/c its gonna be new systems on O and D.

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:
Ramhusker said:

He gets 1 year of slack from me, and that's only b/c its gonna be new systems on O and D.

You'll come around......and it will be fun reading. I sense you and a few others being wrapped too damn tight over this hiring....yet it's the best Rams news in over a decade. Relax. We're well along the road to winning. :mrgreen:

Oh and for the record.....Squeaky finds it hilarious that Squeaky is in the mainstream on this! :lmao:

Angry Ram

squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:
Ramhusker said:

You'll come around......and it will be fun reading. I sense you and a few others being wrapped too damn tight over this hiring....yet it's the best Rams news in over a decade. Relax. We're well along the road to winning. :mrgreen:

Oh and for the record.....Squeaky finds it hilarious that Squeaky is in the mainstream on this! :lmao:

Too damn tight?? Having hired the "top prize" with an arguably better roster than the 2008/2009 mess Spags inheritated, no lockouts, no uncapped year, no salary cap issues, Fisher will have zero excuses.

Oh and I said somewhere the best case is Fisher makes this into a winner, and when he retired, the new guy will be promoted from w/in with a great roster. And I really do hope that happens, b/c after all I want the Rams to win. Not look for coaches every 3 years.