Sammy Watkins tells his fans off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I see your point and it has merit. I couldn't help but to think this guy would be a great fit, actually.

Safeties have to cheat up for Gurley or they're in big trouble. Tavon gets a lot of the rest of attention. Sammy would get some very favorable coverage. Everybody loves Foles, Sammy would buy in. He'd learn fast Foles is always looking for the bomb. Once he catches a couple he's all in.

On top of that, Sammy would be the only WO that could consistently seperate. He'd be Fole's first read, a go to guy.

Just my opinion.
I agree with this completely. With the offense so focused on Gurley, Austin is really the next big threat, and he can take or fake it in a completely different direction, or run a route for a slot, so he's your second weapon. Then you have your options at full back and tight end to keep the defense honest, I think you just add one top notch wide receiver to really make things miserable for a defense. And then you run a no huddle (no, not two minute or hurry up, just no huddle) with these versatile players in different formations.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I still think this offense breaks out in the second half of the season. Been saying it all year.
Hope so man....
Oh yeah, I was all over Martavis Bryant after I saw his combine numbers....But Sammy & Nuk wouldn't have made me mad....(y):cool:

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
translating that to something somewhat coherent.

Always love a good translation, thanks!

Surprised at the reaction to the grammar as I don't see anything different in Watkins post from any other fully accepted internet-speak post nowadays... it's the content that should be focused on as the reason he's an idiot.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How did this guy get a 4year degree in college? My 11 year old in 6th grade has better grammar and spelling.

Sounds like a lot of pro athletes in America to me.

Polished and well spoken doesn't describe all of them.......

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see your point and it has merit. I couldn't help but to think this guy would be a great fit, actually.

Safeties have to cheat up for Gurley or they're in big trouble. Tavon gets a lot of the rest of attention. Sammy would get some very favorable coverage. Everybody loves Foles, Sammy would buy in. He'd learn fast Foles is always looking for the bomb. Once he catches a couple he's all in.

On top of that, Sammy would be the only WO that could consistently seperate. He'd be Fole's first read, a go to guy.

Just my opinion.

I agree that he would be a great fit for this team scheme wise. Besides consistent pass blocking that is the teams top need.......a go to target. If Watkins were to get enough touches to satisfy himself then everything would be honky dory. However I read an article on NFL.com about how he is not getting thrown to enough, by his measure. I was a big Watkins fan and wanted him in the draft if possible. Now I am wondering who the Rams would have gotten.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with this completely. With the offense so focused on Gurley, Austin is really the next big threat, and he can take or fake it in a completely different direction, or run a route for a slot, so he's your second weapon. Then you have your options at full back and tight end to keep the defense honest, I think you just add one top notch wide receiver to really make things miserable for a defense. And then you run a no huddle (no, not two minute or hurry up, just no huddle) with these versatile players in different formations.

If Cook played to his supposed ability then we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was looking like 'that' guy in preseason. Our offense would already be where it needs to be. If the Rams were to swing a trade, how long would it take a player to acclimate to the team and the scheme? Would it happen soon enough to really help?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
How did this guy get a 4year degree in college? My 11 year old in 6th grade has better grammar and spelling.
If you really believe these guys actually do anything in college you're sadly mistaken. It's all about the talent. He made Clemson tons of money too.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If Cook played to his supposed ability then we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was looking like 'that' guy in preseason. Our offense would already be where it needs to be. If the Rams were to swing a trade, how long would it take a player to acclimate to the team and the scheme? Would it happen soon enough to really help?
Maybe, for the right player in the right situation. I didn't expect the immediate impact we got from Barron.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It took me like 10 minutes to read Sammy's post and piece together what I think he was trying to construct as sentences.

What the hell was that?

I was a Watkins fan and hoped we'd draft him.

Still a talented guy. But the injury critique is fair game. He's not been a durable player regardless what he thinks.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If you really believe these guys actually do anything in college you're sadly mistaken. It's all about the talent. He made Clemson tons of money too.
Yep, just look at D-Rose's cheating scandal a couple of years back, I bet a lot of those fellas could get hit by the same if anybody wanted to dig hard enough, hell it's insane what even high schools will let slide when it comes to their money making athletes, let alone big colleges who make their name off it.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't know who is more incoherent, Watkins or JJ. It's been awhile since I've attempted to decipher one of JJ's posts so maybe he's gotten better.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know, I can forgive a guy that can't spell...It's football, and the whole collegiate track for those that don't care about education shouldn't be a prerequisite for playing in the NFL..jmho...The troubling part is that he insulted almost all of the Buffalo fanbase by saying what you should never say (even if you believe it) that all the fans are loser little people that just wish they could be him (paraphrase). That destroys any goodwill towards him......What an idiot...His kind of idiocy isn't remediated by higher education..

WvuIN02

Starter
I'd take Bryant over anyone else from Clemson. Having someone with his size and speed would really open things up for the running game too. You would need a safety to help out most corners on him 1 on 1 where other guys like Austin Bailey Cook (yech) could handle the underneath routes. I think this offense is one dynamite left tackle and wideout from taking the next step to elite. Can add QB too, but Im not going to lump Foles into stopgap QB just yet until he has protection to see what he can do.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You know, I can forgive a guy that can't spell...It's football, and the whole collegiate track for those that don't care about education shouldn't be a prerequisite for playing in the NFL..jmho...The troubling part is that he insulted almost all of the Buffalo fanbase by saying what you should never say (even if you believe it) that all the fans are loser little people that just wish they could be him (paraphrase). That destroys any goodwill towards him......What an idiot...His kind of idiocy isn't remediated by higher education..

Agreed. Watkins is a dumbass. He is the poster child for minor league football. I know the NCAA and their partnering schools don't want to see talent dilution but it is a damn shame to give a scholarship to a guy that has absolutely no intention of using it. There are thousands of hard working high school kids that value education and love football. Schools are throwing away opportunities for hundreds of kids each year that could really use the free education.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Just my opinion.
Yeah, I'm in favor of any WR who demands safety attention on nearly every play. We don't have one. If we get one, Gurley could rush for 3,000 yards.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Id still trade for him! I wanted to draft Watkins, heck I wanted to draft Hopkins instead of Austin and Id take either one on this team. The biggest missing piece to the offense is the dynamic reliable receiver.