Same thing every year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is the best Rams board anywhere. It is very enjoyable to be able to stay informed on all things Rams without the total bullcrap that plagues other sites.

Thanks man. As just another member but one who has been here a long time, I appreciate this kind of acknowledgement for the board. This is a real group effort. The originator and now board "president" have both done a great job but I think even they will say that it is the community of posters that help police our neighborhood hangout. I've said many times that I don't bother going elsewhere because I know if it has anything to do with my Rams, it will show up here and it generally won't be accompanied by the vitriol you find at other sites. Welcome - the bar is open.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Exactly well said.

I'm tired of the my opinion is the only opinion bs going around atm. Ya don't like a pick Ok fine express your opinion
And move on. But to sit here and tell everyone that Robinson is a bust or compare him with a bad pick from days gone by without even seeing him play is ludicrous!

Was Robinson my fav pick no. Was he a horrible pick absolutely not.

Everyone wants to just keep drafting WR till we get a #1. Let me ask this how many superbowls have the Lions won or division titles for that Matter.
Or
How same for the Arizona Cardinals even with Fitz and bold in on the same team?

And to any of the extremely delusional that wanted Johnny football I have no further communications to be had with you.

You mean the old if I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you? :)

I know it's hard brother but just let the morons be the morons and fa get a bout it.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Thanks man. As just another member but one who has been here a long time, I appreciate this kind of acknowledgement for the board. This is a real group effort. The originator and now board "president" have both done a great job but I think even they will say that it is the community of posters that help police our neighborhood hangout. I've said many times that I don't bother going elsewhere because I know if it has anything to do with my Rams, it will show up here and it generally won't be accompanied by the vitriol you find at other sites. Welcome - the bar is open.

Well said my brother.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Exactly well said.

I'm tired of the my opinion is the only opinion bs going around atm. Ya don't like a pick Ok fine express your opinion
And move on. But to sit here and tell everyone that Robinson is a bust or compare him with a bad pick from days gone by without even seeing him play is ludicrous!

Was Robinson my fav pick no. Was he a horrible pick absolutely not.

Everyone wants to just keep drafting WR till we get a #1. Let me ask this how many superbowls have the Lions won or division titles for that Matter.
Or
How same for the Arizona Cardinals even with Fitz and bold in on the same team?

And to any of the extremely delusional that wanted Johnny football I have no further communications to be had with you.
The thing is this though... if my outlook on Robinson was boom or bust, and I was seeing more possibility of bust than boom, that's an entirely valid opinion.

Now that he's a Ram, that opinion isn't going to magically go away in 24 hours. All that's going to change is that I'm going to have every hope that I am wrong.

And you have to know that the assertion that #1 WRs don't help because Detroit and Arizona don't win is silly. It's a whole team effort. And it's a perfectly valid opinion to think a #1 WR and a guard later would have helped this team both in the long and short run more than a tackle playing as guard now. The opposite is also perfectly valid, and in fact it's the way the Rams picked.

There is that wiggle room to disagree with the current decisions being made and still be a fan.

Some are pounding the table for another high round draft pick. I am pounding the table against it. We're all still fans.

And I don't think anyone here WANTS Robinson to fail.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The thing is this though... if my outlook on Robinson was boom or bust, and I was seeing more possibility of bust than boom, that's an entirely valid opinion.

Now that he's a Ram, that opinion isn't going to magically go away in 24 hours. All that's going to change is that I'm going to have every hope that I am wrong.

And you have to know that the assertion that #1 WRs don't help because Detroit and Arizona don't win is silly. It's a whole team effort. And it's a perfectly valid opinion to think a #1 WR and a guard later would have helped this team both in the long and short run more than a tackle playing as guard now. The opposite is also perfectly valid, and in fact it's the way the Rams picked.

There is that wiggle room to disagree with the current decisions being made and still be a fan.

Some are pounding the table for another high round draft pick. I am pounding the table against it. We're all still fans.

And I don't think anyone here WANTS Robinson to fail.
Nah man. I think the main objection is the attitude that one of our highly paid opinions is more valuable than the people actually getting paid by our organization. Many of us have players we like more for our team. Sometimes we are even right. But in general, we are just fans and we should really keep that in perspective when talking to other fans. Many on here have very strong opinions on players. Only a few make me sigh. So quit making me sigh man. :D

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Every year after round 1 of the draft we see the EXACT same behavior.

We get an influx of new posters some good others here just to troll there negative feelings on the rounds outcome.

Also we end up with a long time poster who has to go through a week long temper tantrum about how their player wasn't picked.

I think at this point I'm just gonna go on hiatus until the draft is over at a minimum.

Who's ranting? I'm out of the loop, I guess, busy day.

I was kinda down about Warkins not being the pick but I LOVE the vision Fisher has. Our team got a helluva lot better already and it's only the first round. You can't ask for much more than that.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Nah man. I think the main objection is the attitude that one of our highly paid opinions is more valuable than the people actually getting paid by our organization. Many of us have players we like more for our team. Sometimes we are even right. But in general, we are just fans and we should really keep that in perspective when talking to other fans. Many on here have very strong opinions on players. Only a few make me sigh. So quit making me sigh man. :D
Oh, I've said myself several times that those who are paid lots of money to think about this stuff 24/7 are smarter than us (though they can make mistakes).

The thing is... we knew a lot of us would be disappointed either way.

We picked Watkins, there were going to be a lot of people moaning about how overrated he is and how useless the pick is because he wouldn't have time to get open before a sack anyway.

Matthews? People complain that he's not going to be the star Robinson is, and it's like Kennison over Harrison all over again.

Manziel? People complain that their team is obviously run by the dumbest people alive.

Disagreeing with the administration right now is not some kind of treason against the Rams and Rams fandom. Hoping the guy fails once we start playing games so you can say "Ha ha! I was right!" (or being glad if that happened): Different story.