Sam or Andy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think Sam has more upside, a stronger arm by far, and is more accurate. I think he plays actions very well, and takes care of the football better than most. Has played fairly well with the some of the worst teams I've ever seen. But seems to have really bad luck with fluke injuries. Hasn't had a team around him to see whether or not he can improvise well.

Andy has proven he can get it done. He's tough as heck, and I think his playoff woes sometimes stem for his team being somewhat outclassed and outcoached by the competition. However, his arm strength sometimes is questioned, and I think he's nearing his ceiling talent-wise. Plus, the real killer for me is he can be turnover prone. And not the "Kurt Warner taking chances for big rewards" kind of turnover prone. The "oops, I might not should have thrown that" kind of turnover prone.

I'd take Sam looking long term. But a large part of that comes from having Shaun Hill as insurance. If it was a win or be fired year for me as coach, and I had Austin Davis or Clemens again backing up, I'd take Dalton simply on a reliability injury factor that Sam hasn't had yet, and I would be confident with him going forward. I don't blame the Bengals* at all.

*Normally I would have referred to the Bengals as the Ben-Gays. But seeing as how we have the only gay player, and he's about as normal on the field as it gets, I got to come up with a new nickname I think.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think Sam has more upside, a stronger arm by far, and is more accurate. I think he plays actions very well, and takes care of the football better than most. Has played fairly well with the some of the worst teams I've ever seen. But seems to have really bad luck with fluke injuries. Hasn't had a team around him to see whether or not he can improvise well.

Andy has proven he can get it done. He's tough as heck, and I think his playoff woes sometimes stem for his team being somewhat outclassed and outcoached by the competition. However, his arm strength sometimes is questioned, and I think he's nearing his ceiling talent-wise. Plus, the real killer for me is he can be turnover prone. And not the "Kurt Warner taking chances for big rewards" kind of turnover prone. The "oops, I might not should have thrown that" kind of turnover prone.

I'd take Sam looking long term. But a large part of that comes from having Shaun Hill as insurance. If it was a win or be fired year for me as coach, and I had Austin Davis or Clemens again backing up, I'd take Dalton simply on a reliability injury factor that Sam hasn't had yet, and I would be confident with him going forward. I don't blame the Bengals* at all.

*Normally I would have referred to the Bengals as the Ben-Gays. But seeing as how we have the only gay player, and he's about as normal on the field as it gets, I got to come up with a new nickname I think.
I think "Ben-gals" is pretty good even though their cheerleaders use it.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That's probably going to be the only option.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Not sure if anyone else noticed but his contract money is only guaranteed for the first year. 17M or so I believe.