Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Fitzpatrick is the play to me.
He is 33 and playing generally very well. The Jets don't have a lot else at QB. If they make the playoffs I expect them to try to retain Fitzpatrick. He would be the perfect QB to have as a 2 year bridge QB while a long term answer at QB is being groomed.
I am thinking it would take a fair amount of money to sign him if the Jets don't. Not many prospects out there.
I'd be in on Fitz,but only if years and money are right, money is 1st, because even if we get a 1st round QB, or develop Mannion, Fitz would be great as our second guy
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Its my belief that Sam Bradford is one of the the top 3 best QB's in the 2016 Free Agency.

#1-Kirk Cousins 27 now in Washington
#2-Ryan Fitzpatrick 33 now in NY
#3-Sam Bradford 28 now in Philadelphia (medical red flags)

My guess is the Denver Broncos will make a early play for Sam Bradford when FA'cy begins. in 2016 Petyon Manning will be 40 yrs old & is due 21.5 million with very little cost if he is released. With his current very painful foot injury its going to be hard for him to continue after this season.I can not see Washington letting Kirk Cousins hitting the open market. Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a good fit here due to his mobility.

Of the bottom dwellers who will need a QB like Cleveland Browns & St Louis are trending to be in very good position to land the top two 2016 QB prospects. Texans will be looking for a QB too but they are not having a losing season. RG3 & Colin Kaepernick should be on the market and to a lesser degree Johnny Manziel could be traded for.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No thank you.

I'd sooner hire David Lee and run the wildcat full-time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry guys I'm bored but does anyone think its possible to try to sign Sam Bradford in free agency. Yes i know the past with him getting hurt but he seemed like he has stays healthy for most of the year. That would let us use our 1st round pick on a left tackle or a wide receiver we desperately need and fix our much needed QB situation.

You're supposed to learn from history. Even if we signed Bradford, we'd be fools not to use our first round pick on a QB. The guy is fragile. Signing him back and not putting anything behind him would be a Rams sort of move.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The guy is fragile. Signing him back and not putting anything behind him would be a Rams sort of move.
You are assuming Mannion is not a plus NF QBL. I am not. Bradford and Mannion would, in my opinion be a positive.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief. Its amazing how low the bar gets set. Bradford has only missed 2.5 games out of 12 (21%) this year because of injury
Sure he'll get a big contract

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
My votes for Fitz. but like another poster said in another thread I think the best move if it could be pulled off would be to fire fisher and trade for Asshole Face and Drew Brees. hopfully we could get that done with a 2nd rounder or both our second rounders and draft our future QB our first rounder.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief. Its amazing how low the bar gets set.

We love our cast-offs!

Bradford... Fitz... sure, we let them go because they really weren't very good (or were unreliable)... but, trust me, second time's a charm!!

:LOL::(

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Its my belief that Sam Bradford is one of the the top 3 best QB's in the 2016 Free Agency.

#1-Kirk Cousins 27 now in Washington
#2-Ryan Fitzpatrick 33 now in NY
#3-Sam Bradford 28 now in Philadelphia (medical red flags)

My guess is the Denver Broncos will make a early play for Sam Bradford when FA'cy begins. in 2016 Petyon Manning will be 40 yrs old & is due 21.5 million with very little cost if he is released. With his current very painful foot injury its going to be hard for him to continue after this season.I can not see Washington letting Kirk Cousins hitting the open market. Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a good fit here due to his mobility.

Of the bottom dwellers who will need a QB like Cleveland Browns & St Louis are trending to be in very good position to land the top two 2016 QB prospects. Texans will be looking for a QB too but they are not having a losing season. RG3 & Colin Kaepernick should be on the market and to a lesser degree Johnny Manziel could be traded for.

Why would Denver go for Bradford? Ottweiler is playing well for them and he knows their system. They might want Bradford if Ottweiler goes elsewhere, but I think they will try to get him resigned.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why would Bradford come back to this mess? It sounds harsh, but any viable starter is going to exhaust all options before coming to a team that's full of OLmen that can't pass block and receivers that can't catch. Combine that with the "inspired" approach to OC hires and this job would look toxic to a top guy. It does sound harsh, but it's the truth.

Think of how easy life would have been if we'd have just kept Fitzpatrick.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Come on now, is it that bad that we are using the B word? The great bench excuse?

fancents86

Starter
image.jpg

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I would go Fitz and Mannion going forward. Bradford is tempting though, as a free agent with his upside is NEVER on the market. I really believe, (or hope to be more accurate) that Mannion can develop into the guy. Fitz buys you time, and shows Sean a blue print for success. I have seen all I need to from Foles. Whatever he was, he ain't no more!!!

There is no Luck in this draft IMO. I would hate to see the Rams force another premium pick on a QB. Bringing a rookie in here with no supporting cast is a recipe for disaster. We have all seen how that movie ends. Let's develop Mannion.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have been waiting for someone to post a Bradford thread. You have to admit... his arm looked pretty strong out there yesterday, even if his stats were ok at best. It got me wondering which team made out best in the trade, and I have finally made up my mind. Neither team "won". While Bradford definitely has the stronger arm, he still can't lead a team to victory. Same problems that have plagued him for years. I would only take him back if he publicly declared that the Rams are his favorite choice, and he was willing to sign a play-for-play deal, which he and his agent would not do last year. Sadly, it seems Sam is only in football for the money now.

120 yards. 5 yards per attempt.

Yeah I'll pass ..........unless he is willing to work on straight commission.

Athos

Legend
120 yards. 5 yards per attempt.

Yeah I'll pass ..........unless he is willing to work on straight commission.

Two TDs. Who fucking cares about yards.

I like points. We haven't had a multi passing TD game since the first ARZ game.

Sammyboy won't wanna come to this shit storm anyway tho so it's a mute point.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Fitzpatrick would be my first choice. He's a serviceable quarterback if they can find some receivers who can run routes and catch the ball. And I could see him taking advantage when the defense dares him to throw. At 33 I'm sure he's got a few years left. Most quarterbacks can play into their mid to late 30's.

But thats all hinging on finding serviceable receivers and serviceable blockers. They don't have any right now. We can hope the rookies get better, but I wouldn't hold my breath with Grob. If they don't move him inside he'll be a bust or he'll get his quarterback busted up.