Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robert

Rookie
Sorry guys I'm bored but does anyone think its possible to try to sign Sam Bradford in free agency. Yes i know the past with him getting hurt but he seemed like he has stays healthy for most of the year. That would let us use our 1st round pick on a left tackle or a wide receiver we desperately need and fix our much needed QB situation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
542cae9589ee52428d5057021cc5af64.gif

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd be down with that, but I'm afraid that ship has probably sailed. He'll be in a fair amount of demand, and I doubt he comes back to the team that traded him away.

Our best hope, IMO, is that Cleveland signs him to a huge deal (they've always liked him) and takes themselves out of the QB draft discussion.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He will in demand on the market for sure. At what price? Who knows. It would depend on the new Rams coaching staff, and what they were looking for. But I think with Foles getting guaranteed money next season, we only have a chance of drafting someone and bringing them in that way.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't know if I can handle being on pins and needles every time he drops back to pass. Two ACL's, two ruined seasons as a result, and he's missed a couple of games this year due to injury. His upside is seductive, but the injuries scare me, and ultimately I'd rather look elsewhere. I just don't trust him to stay healthy.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He'll get a good contract somewhere if he doesn't get hurt in the next four games...

Eagles are likely to win that division especially if Dallas wins tonight. So playoffs with clutch performances like yesterday? I think Philly will try and resign him but he will have a choice or a few places. Cleveland have always coveted him (who can blame them?) but if I'm a free agent I'm doing my very best to stay out of that mess of a franchise (who could blame me??).

I just can't see the Rams making a play for him now. This fan base would erupt, they'd look stupid and Sam would probably say no thanks anyway....

We must look to the draft for answers my friends. Use that extra second rounder from Philly as ammo to get our huy, or if we suck strongly enough between now and the end of the year, trade for Alson Jeffrey or some other stud and then get our QB.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been waiting for someone to post a Bradford thread. You have to admit... his arm looked pretty strong out there yesterday, even if his stats were ok at best. It got me wondering which team made out best in the trade, and I have finally made up my mind. Neither team "won". While Bradford definitely has the stronger arm, he still can't lead a team to victory. Same problems that have plagued him for years. I would only take him back if he publicly declared that the Rams are his favorite choice, and he was willing to sign a play-for-play deal, which he and his agent would not do last year. Sadly, it seems Sam is only in football for the money now.

Robert

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would make for some good humor though we pretty much would of rented Bradford to the Eagles for a season for a 2nd round pick

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Let's do a little thinking. Here's the "viable starter" 2016 NFL QB free agents:

- Brock Osweiler
- Sam Bradford
- Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Kirk Cousins
- Chase Daniel (?)
- Colt McCoy (?)
- Matt Hasselbeck

Now, Fitz and Hasselbeck are old as shit, and I expect Hasselbeck to retire. I expect Denver to retain Osweiler, and Washington to retain Cousins. That leaves Bradford as the only guy out there who projects to be a good-to-great starter for more than a year or 2 (Fitz). The rest are borderline "We may want to give this guy a shot" guys.

Now, let's consider the teams that need starting QBs:

- Cleveland
- St. Louis
- Jets
- Buffalo? (They voided Taylor's 3rd year, so they may not think he's the guy going forward?)
- Houston
- San Francisco
- Philadelphia

Bradford's gonna get a multi-year deal worth some bucks, I think, provided he remains fairly healthy the rest of the season. Philly would do well to bring him back, given how different the team looks when he's under center vs. Sanchez. Cleveland's going to make a run at him, I'd imagine, which might lead to a Cleveland/Philly trade of Manziel. Houston would be a totally different team with him vs. Hoyer, Yates or whomever else they run out under center.

Dude's gonna be pricey. And again, bad blood with the Rams organization maybe, since they traded him away?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I have been waiting for someone to post a Bradford thread. You have to admit... his arm looked pretty strong out there yesterday, even if his stats were ok at best. It got me wondering which team made out best in the trade, and I have finally made up my mind. Neither team "won". While Bradford definitely has the stronger arm, he still can't lead a team to victory. Same problems that have plagued him for years. I would only take him back if he publicly declared that the Rams are his favorite choice, and he was willing to sign a play-for-play deal, which he and his agent would not do last year. Sadly, it seems Sam is only in football for the money now.
If Bradford goes somewhere other than Philly, we won the trade by dint of the 2nd rounder. If he remains an Eagle, they won the trade.

Of course, it's possible he leads them to an NFCE title, makes a run, and gets to rematch with the Pats in the SB. Can you imagine Sam Bradford, after being traded by the Rams, beating the Pats in the SB to "avenge" a Super Bowl loss for the Eagles?

fearsomefour

Legend
Let's do a little thinking. Here's the "viable starter" 2016 NFL QB free agents:

- Brock Osweiler
- Sam Bradford
- Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Kirk Cousins
- Chase Daniel (?)
- Colt McCoy (?)
- Matt Hasselbeck

Now, Fitz and Hasselbeck are old as crap, and I expect Hasselbeck to retire. I expect Denver to retain Osweiler, and Washington to retain Cousins. That leaves Bradford as the only guy out there who projects to be a good-to-great starter for more than a year or 2 (Fitz). The rest are borderline "We may want to give this guy a shot" guys.

Now, let's consider the teams that need starting QBs:

- Cleveland
- St. Louis
- Jets
- Buffalo? (They voided Taylor's 3rd year, so they may not think he's the guy going forward?)
- Houston
- San Francisco
- Philadelphia

Bradford's gonna get a multi-year deal worth some bucks, I think, provided he remains fairly healthy the rest of the season. Philly would do well to bring him back, given how different the team looks when he's under center vs. Sanchez. Cleveland's going to make a run at him, I'd imagine, which might lead to a Cleveland/Philly trade of Manziel. Houston would be a totally different team with him vs. Hoyer, Yates or whomever else they run out under center.

Dude's gonna be pricey. And again, bad blood with the Rams organization maybe, since they traded him away?
Fitzpatrick is the play to me.
He is 33 and playing generally very well. The Jets don't have a lot else at QB. If they make the playoffs I expect them to try to retain Fitzpatrick. He would be the perfect QB to have as a 2 year bridge QB while a long term answer at QB is being groomed.
I am thinking it would take a fair amount of money to sign him if the Jets don't. Not many prospects out there.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can you imagine Sam Bradford, after being traded by the Rams, beating the Pats in the SB to "avenge" a Super Bowl loss for the Eagles?
STOP IT!!! JUST STOP IT!!

Some of us are still in mourning over the death of our offense.
:(

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His offense was only on the field 25 minutes, because the D kept scoring to put the Pats' offense back out on the field.
Yes, that's my point... he really wasn't anything special yesterday... and hasn't really been all year.

There is NO WAY I want him back... he'd a damaged, at-best-average QB.

Yeah, we need one of those...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Fitzpatrick is the play to me.
He is 33 and playing generally very well. The Jets don't have a lot else at QB. If they make the playoffs I expect them to try to retain Fitzpatrick. He would be the perfect QB to have as a 2 year bridge QB while a long term answer at QB is being groomed.
I am thinking it would take a fair amount of money to sign him if the Jets don't. Not many prospects out there.
Wow, I thought Fitz was a lot older than 33.