Sam Bradford 'absolutely' plans to play in 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sam Bradford will not be ending his career contrary to what the early opinions were.
6_7660281.png

Sam Bradford is set to hit the free agent market after spending the last two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. After proving he was the best pure passer on the roster, he suffered a knee injury in the first week of the year that derailed his entire 2017 season.

But what was described as a career-ender quickly subsided as he returned to the field to be the team's backup in the playoffs. Now, he has his sights set on a new opportunity for 2018, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

"He did have that knee surgery back in November," Pelissero reported. "Dr. James Andrews went in there to clean up a bone spur, clean out some cartilage, just try to get the joint to calm down. Now Andrews has told Bradford the joint itself is sound, that the ligaments are intact, that there's not reason for there to be concern moving forward."

Bradford joined the Vikings via trade when Teddy Bridgewater tore his ACL in August 2016. The Vikings sent a 2016 first round pick and 2017 fourth round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles in that deal.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Sam-Bradford-absolutely-plans-to-play-in-2018-115446136

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SI predicts Sam Bradford will sign with Browns

Less than a month remains until the most interesting free agency period in years.

Several starting caliber quarterbacks are set to change teams. Sports Illustrated's Peter King took a shot at predicting where each of the coveted signal callers will land this season. For starters, USC quarterback Sam Darnold and veteran Sam Bradford land with the Cleveland Browns.

"The reason Browns GM John Dorsey wanted Alex Smith, or even McCarron or another veteran, is because he wants to be competitive from the start this season. You sign Bradford because you know as long as he stays healthy (Ten days? Ten games?), he’s a top-12-caliber quarterback. But he’s played more than seven games in just two of the last five seasons, and so the Browns won’t be guaranteed anything except some sleepless nights if they sign Bradford. But no matter which veteran Cleveland gets (and McCarron is certainly a strong prospect here), Dorsey will backstop with a rookie, and Darnold, who needs a large dose of development, would be fine with a year or more of clipboard-holding," King said.

Few would understand what Darnold would be going through as a rookie more than Bradford, the No. 1 overall selection in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Bradford, 30, has spent the past two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings after stints with the St. Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles. He played in just two games this season due to injury. Over the past two seasons, he has completed 427-of-595 passes for 4,259 yards, 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

King also projects that Kirk Cousins will sign with Denver while AJ McCarron will sign with Arizona.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Sam-Bradford-predicted-to-sign-with-Cleveland-Browns-115333683

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone who thought Bradford would retire is nuts.
It remains to be seen if Sam Bradford is good at playing football, but he’s been a Hall of Famer for getting paid to play Football. He’ll sign some amazing deal, some team will ante up.
My guess is still Arizona

Ram65

Legend
Sammy has to go where they have someone to take over at a moments notice. H.e looked great that one game last year. Got to wonder what team takes a chance.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford will have an absolute fortune when he retires, and unlike many NFL players, won't have to worry about long term concussion damage, thanks to his knees. And knee replacement surgery is affordable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I will always wish the best for Sammy boy. Will always hope he can stay healthy to show the league what he's got.

But he needs to go to a team with an adequate oline. Every team he's been on have been woeful on the oline. Last year he finally had a good oline in front of him, played like an all pro the first game and just as been his luck since that fuckwit Mitchell pushed him like a bitch, his knee gave up on him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How fun would that be if he signs in Arizona? I’d feel a little bad for him with our history of hurting their QB’s though.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Sam Bradford has appeared in 80 games over the course of 7 years, or about 11.5 games a season. He's made $114 million, on top of whatever sponsorships and endorsement deals.

So up until this point, Sam Bradford has made around $6k for every yard he throws. Damn.

My bet is Arizona, too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam Bradford has appeared in 80 games over the course of 7 years, or about 11.5 games a season. He's made $114 million, on top of whatever sponsorships and endorsement deals.

So up until this point, Sam Bradford has made around $6k for every yard he throws. Damn.

My bet is Arizona, too.
Its actually 80 games in 8 seasons, or 10 per. Methinks you left out 2014 where he missed the whole year....

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Its actually 80 games in 8 seasons, or 10 per. Methinks you left out 2014 where he missed the whole year....

Yeah, Cleveland game in the preseason. Not sure why it wasn't included on his NFL.com player page. Ah well, dude has made bank per yard in the NFL.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

d004635.gif

"I only made $6,000 for every pass I've thrown? I need a raise."

rdw

Pro Bowler

My bet is Arizona, too.
iu

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I use "Sam Bradford" as an adjective now. For example, a few weeks ago I went on a vigorous 7 mile walk, after which my knee started hurting ... so I told people that my "knee went all Sam Bradford on me."

Seriously, wish the guy luck, but man has his fragile body really derailed what once looked like a promising career.