Sam Bradford 'absolutely' plans to play in 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/zimmer-characterizes-bradfords-knee-as-degenerative/

Zimmer characterizes Bradford’s knee as “degenerative”
Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2018

Coach Mike Zimmer characterized the Sam Bradford‘s knee as “degenerative,” via Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. Whispers of a degenerative condition made their way around the league last year, when Bradford followed a career game in Week One with only a first-half cameo four weeks later, before disappearing for the rest of the year.

Although former Eagles quarterbacks coach (and new Vikings offensive coordinator) John DeFilippo raves about Bradford’s accuracy, his dependability and durability continue to be a real question. And the uncertainty as to his health will surely impact the extent to which other teams are interested in signing him and, more importantly, paying him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bradford is done and if a team gives him a contract they should be shot at sundown...He was not hit & could not stand up straight, he’s in denial & again he could not answer the call after several weeks.

The only thing you will be able to rely on with Sam Bradford is his unreliability

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It remains to be seen if Sam Bradford is good at playing football,
c'mon db....he's good.....he just can't stay healthy. or take pain now....
H.e looked great that one game last year.
exactly.....and the year b4, led league in comp. %%%
Bradford is done and if a team gives him a contract they should be shot at sundown...He was not hit & could not stand up straight, he’s in denial & again he could not answer the call after several weeks.
My thoughts.....last 2 teams had good o-lines....and he barely got hit (edit: oops! Minni was toast in 2016)....and couldn't stay healthy...I get bone-on-bone...and pain...I figured he'd go to Sweden...with Kobe....and get that micro-fracture surgery for one good run with Minni. Best team he's ever played on.

If I was Sammy....I'd play until they kicked me out too....look at his career earnings....Geez!!!!!

Again...talk about honesty...integrity....dude KNOWS he can't stay healthy...yet still wants top money....WTF?!? When does your conscious kick in? I mean....when do you say...I'll play for peanuts...performance based? Never? Or is everyone a greedy capitalist at heart??? That's for YOU train....

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
iu

Derek Zoolander hahaha

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If I was Sammy....I'd play until they kicked me out too....look at his career earnings....Geez!!!!!
IDK! Sam should learn from ' Broadway'- Joe Namath's Career and get out while he's young and can still walk! Joe Today can barely get around on his bad knee's!!

nighttrain

Legend
IDK! Sam should learn from ' Broadway'- Joe Namath's Career and get out while he's young and can still walk! Joe Today can barely get around on his bad knee's!!
one thing Dave, knee replacements today are excellent, not for playing football, but for everyday life, super, and Bradford shouldn't need the money, he's just being Joe athelete
train

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
one thing Dave, knee replacements today are excellent
Mom-in-law is walking on a 3 week knee as we speak...In 10 years, the field has made HUGE strides....

Hell, Sam needs to try one NOW....LOL

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Would just hang it up Sammy, you've had a decent run but your body obviously can't take the hits. Enjoy the $78 mil contract you got prior to the rookie wage scale and invest wisely.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. He’s only 30.
Even an incentive laden deal with come with some guaranteed money. When they money dries up, then it’s time to hang em up. Until then??

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd sign him as a backup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In all honesty, I kinda feel bad for him. Yeah, he made a shitload of money and all, but I bet he'd trade most of it for a healthy knee and the ability to play without worry of another injury for another 10 years. And he's a decent enough dude - likable - affable - team guy. Too bad he came through the league the way he did, but they don't let you pick your development. Just take what you get from the shitty team that was bad enough to draft you #1 overall and do what you can.

I wish him all the best. Just because he's a zillionaire doesn't mean I have to curb my compassion.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
In all honesty, I kinda feel bad for him. Yeah, he made a shitload of money and all, but I bet he'd trade most of it for a healthy knee and the ability to play without worry of another injury for another 10 years. And he's a decent enough dude - likable - affable - team guy. Too bad he came through the league the way he did, but they don't let you pick your development. Just take what you get from the crappy team that was bad enough to draft you #1 overall and do what you can.

I wish him all the best. Just because he's a zillionaire doesn't mean I have to curb my compassion.

Sampologist.

Seriously, though. I was one of Sam's biggest defenders, too, and even with Philly and Minnesota, I wanted to see hime do well. His peak with the Rams may have been just before the play against Carolina where his knee was blown out. Sam was really starting to hit his stride and earn respect around the league.

I wish him well. I love comeback stories.