Sad stats of the day: Grob Edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You made a thread to bash Robinson but you don't want this to be a bash Robinson thread? This is a lot like a person covering an abandoned warehouse with gasoline, handing a bunch of pyros matches, and then saying, "I don't want to start a fire but I just wanted to show y'all that we could light this warehouse on fire if we wanted to...."

:rolllaugh:

iced

You made a thread to bash Robinson but you don't want this to be a bash Robinson thread? This is a lot like a person covering an abandoned warehouse with gasoline, handing a bunch of pyros matches, and then saying, "I don't want to start a fire but I just wanted to show y'all that we could light this warehouse on fire if we wanted to...."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Wj1TkZpOc

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not much we can do about it right now. Right now we just hope he starts to get it together. If not, well, add it to all the other needs on this sorry @$$ offense. Isn't gonna be easy to find a LT on the market, good ones don't come available often. Isn't gonna be easy to draft a QB high if you're drafting a starting caliber LT. Can Battle compete in camp next year? I sure hope so.

The answer is a new, legitimate OC, because I don't trust this sorry staff to properly evaluate what they have. Get him in here to evaluate what this team needs on OFFENSE then Fish/Snead need to maneuver in the draft to get as many of those things as possible.

Last but not least the change in blocking scheme is a good point. Not sure how much it would affect his development, but gotta admit right now I am starting to think GRob is too stupid to execute any scheme. I don't know man, just so frustrated with this team so all I got right now is hoping he pulls his head out his @$#.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETtkDov-Fk

MountainRam

Rookie
G Rob is not a b... until he performs like this season in 2016 again. And then we can will him a b...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If you draft a guy at #2 overall, he better be the next Pace or Walter Jones. You don't pick a guy there that needs to develop. Move him to guard and see if he's better there, and see what you have.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This is kind of a general observation, not really even on topic.
This is an NFL Football, Ram Forum. In the grand scheme of things this is a small demographic. This being said there are only so many topics available. The ones about success are out the window at the moment leaving hope and reality. Now we have a smaller and subjective list of topics to choose from.
Of Course We Have Rehashes, it's that or nothing.
Rehashes, hope reality and a new angle on an old take is all we have.
For me I don't even have much in the way of Rams performance and coaching philosophy left so I hang out here to read posts fresh or not from people that share my passion....Ram Football.
You here are my peers and friends. We chat, we criticize, we applaud, we rehash. We keep ROD alive and lively and we share our Ram passion. It isn't always fresh or pretty but as long as it isn't offensive and or personal it keeps us going.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
How are the Falcons... start 5-0, then in the last month or so lost 5 of their last 6? Wow, look at that offense, should be firing on all cylinders every game, right?
Well done Matthews, it's all you, Mr. All-Pro.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He should be playing RT or RG, his pass pro has always been suspect since we drafted him and it doesn't look any better yet.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't begin to try and grade them I just see all the penalties and sacks he gives up and I'm pissed they went the old boys route of drafting from Snead's college instead of taking who nearly everyone thought was a no brainer with Matthews.

Next seeing Coach's report that he hasn't been working like a pro is disheartening, he needs someone in the locker room kicking his ass.

I don't know if he actually has potential to play OLT in the NFL or not. With the baggage or evidence presented in the first two years I have my doubts.

The only solution I see is him having some pride, growing up and putting in the time this off season to get professional help learning how to do his job. I don't even know if there is something like this available but what else could be done. It would have to be him on his own because of the stupid contract and players union. Is it possible? At this point it is more likely he is Jason Smith II

TexasRam

Legend
Cut bait.

Stop talking about "potential".

Grob is so Epic in his suckage that he's rewriting the record books.

This topic needs to be unabashedly rehashed and rehashed and rehashed until his ass is gone.

It's embarrassing. Seriously.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Starting a thread about how GRob is underperforming and backing it up with stats isn't bashing. Calling his mother ugly is bashing. At this point of the season if we only discussed players making positive impacts we could just turn the lights off. There'd be not much to talk about. We've all talked back and forth about upside and Auburn and his struggles and whatnot. I think this brings into focus the fact that his bad play goes beyond being a young player, or adjusting to the playbook.

The Auburn excuse doesn't really work for me. If his inexperience was so great why was he even counted on to start? That's like drafting a QB in the first round despite the fact that he only averaged 5 attempts a game.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
what's the point of getting a new qb if this guy is as bad as you all say he is? My observation is that this team is consistently good at one thing; getting our qb's punch drunk and gunshy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lynch-mob-2-300x214.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starting a thread about how GRob is underperforming and backing it up with stats isn't bashing. Calling his mother ugly is bashing. At this point of the season if we only discussed players making positive impacts we could just turn the lights off. There'd be not much to talk about. We've all talked back and forth about upside and Auburn and his struggles and whatnot. I think this brings into focus the fact that his bad play goes beyond being a young player, or adjusting to the playbook.

The Auburn excuse doesn't really work for me. If his inexperience was so great why was he even counted on to start? That's like drafting a QB in the first round despite the fact that he only averaged 5 attempts a game.

He wasn't. If you remember, he didn't start. And people here got very upset. Then he had to start at OG because Davin Joseph was so terrible. Then he had to start at LT because Jake Long got injured. The Rams did not seem to want him starting at LT as a rookie.

And interesting you make that comment about a QB. There was a QB drafted by the Falcons that averaged less than 150 yards per game his senior year and only threw 7 TDs. He didn't play as a rookie. Struggled a bit in his 2nd and 3rd years in the NFL. But I think in the end, nobody would say they made the wrong decision drafting him.

what's the point of getting a new qb if this guy is as bad as you all say he is? My observation is that this team is consistently good at one thing; getting our qb's punch drunk and gunshy.

Because:
1. Maybe he's not as bad as people claim.
2. QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LT
3. He's young and having some continuity on the OL and a better player at QB along with development and experience might just do him some good.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He wasn't. If you remember, he didn't start. And people here got very upset.

I'm talking about this year, when his coach mentioned he couldn't pass block yet. Little bit of a red flag when your LT can't pass block in practice.

He's young and having some continuity on the OL

That would excuse a guy who struggles occasionally, not one who is one of the worst in every facet of the game.

We need a new LT for next year. If GRob's youth (or his coach, the other people on the line, insert excuse here) is truly what's holding him back from being all world, then he should have no problem beating that new LT out for a job and pushing HIM to guard or to the bench. But just excusing the horrible job he's done this year and awarding him another year at LT unchallenged would be foolish IMO.

And interesting you make that comment about a QB. There was a QB drafted by the Falcons that averaged less than 150 yards per game his senior year and only threw 7 TDs. He didn't play as a rookie. Struggled a bit in his 2nd and 3rd years in the NFL. But I think in the end, nobody would say they made the wrong decision drafting him.

If you are talking about Vick, he was probably the most overrated QB I've ever seen. His lack of passing ability hurt them as much as his legs helped them. But he did have a couple of years where he played on a good team. 2001 was also a horrible year for QBs as Drew Brees was really the only other QB drafted to garner any quality PT. The Falcons needed a QB having only Chandler. I'd say if Ryan had been there instead of Vick they'd have been a better team. But in 2001 there was no one else. The Falcons did a good job there for awhile, running a HS offense to suit him, but it led to injuries, inconsistent play, and inefficiency against teams like TB who could match his athleticism and force him to throw. And TBH, it's not a good comparison to GRob anyway as Vick could get by on just talent most of the time.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
They drafted GRob on potential and it is the coaches failure that he isn't doing better than he is. They have made decisions that seem to be geared only towards confusing a raw, young player and that has been going on since he got here.
I no longer see any luster in this coaching staff and there is no reason to expect things to get better.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't get me started about his play. One simple word describes his play... Bad! (and that's being nice) It won't get better until he moves to guard.
Again, we get totally hosed and set back years by a wasted very high draft pick. The football Gods sure like us to suffer.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Cut bait.

Stop talking about "potential".

Grob is so Epic in his suckage that he's rewriting the record books.

This topic needs to be unabashedly rehashed and rehashed and rehashed until his ass is gone.

It's embarrassing. Seriously.

Willing to cut bait at LT.

I think it'd be unwise to cut bait before even trying him at LG again, He looked good there as a rookie already. Only getting a "decent" guard for a #2 pick is horrible value. But what's done is done. We can't worry about where he was picked at this point. If he proves to be a viable option at LG, take it, and just start to look elsewhere for LT.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would excuse a guy who struggles occasionally, not one who is one of the worst in every facet of the game.

We need a new LT for next year. If GRob's youth (or his coach, the other people on the line, insert excuse here) is truly what's holding him back from being all world, then he should have no problem beating that new LT out for a job and pushing HIM to guard or to the bench. But just excusing the horrible job he's done this year and awarding him another year at LT unchallenged would be foolish IMO.

No. We don't. I'm not wasting our assets that could go into filling real needs on a LT. We only have so much cap room and draft capital. The Rams NEED a QB. The Rams NEED WRs. The Rams NEED OL help. But LT isn't a position they need. I'm not using any of my key resources on filling that need.

If you are talking about Vick, he was probably the most overrated QB I've ever seen. His lack of passing ability hurt them as much as his legs helped them. But he did have a couple of years where he played on a good team. 2001 was also a horrible year for QBs as Drew Brees was really the only other QB drafted to garner any quality PT. The Falcons needed a QB having only Chandler. I'd say if Ryan had been there instead of Vick they'd have been a better team. But in 2001 there was no one else. The Falcons did a good job there for awhile, running a HS offense to suit him, but it led to injuries, inconsistent play, and inefficiency against teams like TB who could match his athleticism and force him to throw. And TBH, it's not a good comparison to GRob anyway as Vick could get by on just talent most of the time.

I was talking about Brett Favre.