Russell Wilson has a sprained MCL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/26/pete-carroll-russell-wilson-has-a-sprained-mcl/

Pete Carroll: Russell Wilson has a sprained MCL
Posted by Josh Alper on September 26, 2016

610456698-e1474910353385.jpg
Getty Images

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson went for an MRI on his injured knee after Sunday’s victory over the 49ers and the results call into question whether he’ll be able to start against the Jets in Week Four.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was on ESPN 710’s “Brock and Salk” Monday and said that the MRI showed Wilson has a sprained MCL. He said the diagnosis meant there’s “obviously consideration” to having Wilson sit out this week, although the perpetually upbeat coach added that the quarterback is doing “unbelievable” a day after getting hurt.

“I just left him,” Carroll said. “He’s unbelievable, OK. He feels great. He’s been rehabbing all night and doing his thing, and he can move around, walking fine. You can’t tell anything. He’s really excited about the thought that he could be able to maybe get through this thing.”

The Seahawks have a bye after the trip back to where they won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, which would leave Wilson with two weeks to recover before the Seahawks host the Falcons on October 16. The decision will likely come down to how well Wilson can move over the coming days, so his status for Sunday afternoon may not be confirmed until Sunday morning.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/26/pete-carroll-russell-wilson-has-a-sprained-mcl/

Pete Carroll: Russell Wilson has a sprained MCL
Posted by Josh Alper on September 26, 2016

610456698-e1474910353385.jpg
Getty Images

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson went for an MRI on his injured knee after Sunday’s victory over the 49ers and the results call into question whether he’ll be able to start against the Jets in Week Four.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was on ESPN 710’s “Brock and Salk” Monday and said that the MRI showed Wilson has a sprained MCL. He said the diagnosis meant there’s “obviously consideration” to having Wilson sit out this week, although the perpetually upbeat coach added that the quarterback is doing “unbelievable” a day after getting hurt.

“I just left him,” Carroll said. “He’s unbelievable, OK. He feels great. He’s been rehabbing all night and doing his thing, and he can move around, walking fine. You can’t tell anything. He’s really excited about the thought that he could be able to maybe get through this thing.”

The Seahawks have a bye after the trip back to where they won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, which would leave Wilson with two weeks to recover before the Seahawks host the Falcons on October 16. The decision will likely come down to how well Wilson can move over the coming days, so his status for Sunday afternoon may not be confirmed until Sunday morning.

I get a little irked when Wussell gets dinged and "might not to be able to go"...Of course that it was probably not as bad as they made it sound doesn't play into the equation...That way they can continue the Superman bullshit and use that as a reason to get beaten... Cheat Carroll is a real piece of work

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he probably sits out vs. jets and comes back after the bye week? hopefully the jets beats the hawks.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Anybody else get the feeling that Carroll is using Wilson just like you would if you rented a mule? No holds barred, let's see where that gets them. Tick tock, tick tock, only a matter of time before he goes down for a LONG sleep.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I have serious doubts that widdle wussle will make it through this season. That line is terrible and he is already hobbled, if they aren't careful with him he will end up on ir.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I never underestimate Wilson. I hate everything about the Shithawks and every other division rival for that matter, but the dude requires effort to hate. Effin Shithawks man, here's hoping they lose a few in a row to deglamorize what Wilson does.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I never underestimate Wilson. I hate everything about the Shithawks and every other division rival for that matter, but the dude requires effort to hate. Effin Shithawks man, here's hoping they lose a few in a row to deglamorize what Wilson does.
We will see how good of a QB he is when he is unable to make plays with his legs. I think the RGIII analogy is a good one, he will have to be a whole different QB once his legs are gone, not easy.
I personally think he will fail miserably when confined to the pocket.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have serious doubts that widdle wussle will make it through this season. That line is terrible and he is already hobbled, if they aren't careful with him he will end up on ir.
" And what a shame that would be!!":D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's hard to believe with how badly his knee twisted it wasn't worse then it turned out to be. He's one tough dude I will give him that. But I've said since day one he won't have a long career with the way he plays. Running QBs never last.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It looked nasty TBH... Knees aren't meant to bend like that... I'll be impressed if he only misses a couple of weeks...

Q729

Legend
I think about all the random toss-up passes he's made for huge gains and/or TDs when our D was on the verge of pummeling him to the ground, and hating him all of a sudden comes easy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If i'm Seattle the last thing i'd do is try real hard to rush him back. The "meat" of their schedule is in the 2nd half of the season. He's your franchise. Why take chances there? Sit him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I seem to remember that the Seahawks only carry 2 QB's on their 53.

And that #2 is a UDFA that I can't even name off the top of my head?

Carroll has his work cut out this week, that's for sure.

Even if RW can somehow play he's gonna be a sitting duck and a target for even more serious injury.

Q729

Legend
I seem to remember that the Seahawks only carry 2 QB's on their 53.

And that #2 is a UDFA that I can't even name off the top of my head?

Carroll has his work cut out this week, that's for sure.

Even if RW can somehow play he's gonna be a sitting duck and a target for even more serious injury.
Untitled.png

Apparently he has a TD, a pick, and 65 yards under his belt this season.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Yep @Rams43 dude's calle Trevone Boykin

OVERVIEW

One of the most electric players in college football the past two seasons, Boykin was a 2014 Heisman Trophy finalist after earning consensus second-team All-American notice and Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (3,901 passing yards, 33 touchdowns, 10 interceptions; 707 rush yards, eight rush touchdowns). He again excelled as a senior, earning second-team Walter Camp All-American honors and second team All-Big 12 accolades after finishing among the nation?s leaders in several categories (3,573 passing yards, 31 touchdowns, 10 interceptions; 612 rushing yards, 10 rushing scores) despite missing time with an ankle injury. Boykin was also a finalist for the Davey O'Brien (2014, 2015), Manning (2014, 2015), Unitas Golden Arm (2015), and Walter Camp Player of the Year (2014) awards during his illustrious career. Unfortunately, Boykin's career at TCU ended on a sour note, as he was arrested for punching an officer during a bar fight in San Antonio, where he was supposed to lead the team in the Alamo Bowl against Oregon. He was suspended for that game due to the incident (though the Horned Frogs came back from a 31-0 hole to win 47-41), and will have to answer to NFL teams about his lapse of judgement.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Quick ball-handling with arm talent to get the throw out cleanly and accurately from a variety of arm slots. Generally throws with necessary ball placement and hits what he aims for. Has deep ball arm to fling it 60 yards off his back foot and can rip it into a tight window underneath. Throws with some anticipation and touch. More pocket elusive than any quarterback in this draft. Absolute Houdini who can escape the most precarious situations and escape with chunk rushing yardage or a completed pass. Has 25 rushes over 15-plus yards over last two years.

WEAKNESSES
Falls below desired height for NFL quarterbacks and hand size is right on borderline. Fumbled 19 times over last three years (but lost just four). Tends to stick with pre-snap decision and forces the issue with primary target. Hesitant to throw receivers open from man coverage in deep middle. Velocity is all upper body with very little step and follow throw. Antsy to leave pocket when pocket slide and poise would suffice. Needs to learn how to slide outside pocket. Suspended for Alamo Bowl after breaking curfew and being arrested for felony assault of an officer in connection with previous bar fight that night.

SOURCES TELL US
"Look, man, do you know South Dallas? He's from there so he's got some edge. He's a good dude though. He got caught up and paid the price. No character problems there to me." -- NFC South area scout

NFL COMPARISON
Tyrol Taylor

BOTTOM LINE
He might be written off as too small or a "system quarterback", but he has shown tremendous growth as a passer and leader while building an impressive resume over the last two seasons. Boykin throws with some anticipation and has the arm talent and mobility to warrant a late-round pick even if he will need extended work learning to read defenses. There is a chance that his arrest at the end of the year could prevent him from being drafted.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I saw the replay I was very surprised that there wasn't a flag for horse collar tackle.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It looked nasty TBH... Knees aren't meant to bend like that... I'll be impressed if he only misses a couple of weeks...

Would you believe that the refs called that a personal foul for horse collar tackle? Believe it because it happened.
Ridiculous flag.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
When I saw the replay I was very surprised that there wasn't a flag for horse collar tackle.
IMO, he grabbed Wilson by the top of his jersey (on his backside) but pulled him forward rather than backward. If he was pulled backwards then it probably would have been called.

Edit: Looking at it from the front view replay he tackled him high but he didn't jerk him with his hand that was on the back of his neck. If they called him for a horse-collar I think it was a bad call.