Russell Wilson has a sprained MCL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
IMO, he grabbed Wilson by the top of his jersey (on his backside) but pulled him forward rather than backward. If he was pulled backwards then it probably would have been called.

Edit: Looking at it from the front view replay he tackled him high but he didn't jerk him with his hand that was on the back of his neck. If they called him for a horse-collar I think it was a bad call.
The rule makes no reference to how you tackle them just where you grab the player. You can't grab somebody by any part of the collar. If it's a QB out of the pocket this is a penalty, for some reason in the pocket it's ok.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There was.

Just watched that game in condensed version. What bothered me was the flag didn't come out until after the ref realized that Wilson was hurt and wasn't going to get up. That's David Stern NBA ref agenda stuff. Bad call.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched that game in condensed version. What bothered me was the flag didn't come out until after the ref realized that Wilson was hurt and wasn't going to get up. That's David Stern NBA ref agenda stuff. Bad call.

It was strange because it wasn't a typical horse collar where the player gets pulled back using the collar. He just had hold of the collar and pulled wussell down towards him. His body landing on the leg caused the injury. Looked nothing like a horse collar tackle.

So you're right. The ref saw wussell lying on the ground then threw the flag.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
It's hard to believe with how badly his knee twisted it wasn't worse then it turned out to be. He's one tough dude I will give him that. But I've said since day one he won't have a long career with the way he plays. Running QBs never last.

I wish you were right, but he's played 4.3 years already and NEVER MISSED a start or game. Being a running QB hasn't hurt him at all.