Russell Wilson can't find rhythm against Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-sea...sell-wilson-cant-find-rhythm-against-chargers
SAN DIEGO -- In what might have been his last action of the preseason, Russell Wilson struggled to find a rhythm in two-plus quarters against the San Diego Chargers.

Wilson completed 7 of 15 pass attempts for 56 yards, averaging a meager 3.7 yards per attempt. His longest completion went for 14 yards, and that was in the third quarter when the Chargers had pulled their starters.

On a bootleg in the first quarter, Wilson tried to avoid a sack by throwing the ball away with his left hand, but he was whistled for intentional grounding. Later, he fired high to Jimmy Graham on what could have been a big gain down the middle of the field. On a third down in the second quarter, Wilson threw behind Graham on another incompletion. In the third quarter, Wilson looked deep to wide receiver Kevin Smith and was nearly intercepted.

As usual, Wilson did make some plays with his legs, rushing four times for 23 yards.

Overall, the Seahawks' first-team offense managed two field goals and punted four times on six possessions.

Obviously, Wilson has proved himself in much more meaningful games, but if the Seahawks were looking for positive signs on offense in this one, there weren't many to be found.

Asked by CBS's Phil Simms at halftime about whether he still thinks of last season's Super Bowl, Wilson said: "I think about the moment I have coming up next."

Pete Carroll could choose to give Wilson limited work in the preseason finale against the Raiders on Thursday. The Seahawks open the regular season in St. Louis against the Rams on Sept. 13.
:)

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In other news, Brady finally threw a TD this preseason.
But he still has 2 ints and a 37.5 QB rating
Man, the whole league is gonna SUCK this year.

FRO

Legend
He can't grip properly inflated footballs.

When established teams struggle in preseason it's no big deal. They know what it takes to win games and get ready. The Rams are still unproven that's why you want to see stuff in preseason and use it wisely. Last night was an improvement for us.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Well, those teams are proven so I would be less worried than a team that has not had a winning season since 2003 is still committing a ton of penalties and the offensive line is like the big dig, seems it's always a work in progress.

Hope I'm wrong I hope the preseason has absolutely no indication on how the regular season will unfold, but at this point I will temper my enthusiasm.

…..

Legend

They're panicking in Atlanta too.

Matt Ryan only played in three series the first two games. Then thier 3rd game he didnt have either Roddy or Julio and it wouldnt have mattered because he got sacked nearly every time he dropped back to pass. Thier line is way out of sync and thier recievers are'nt getting any action.

Talk radio here in Atlanta is blowing up. LOL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
6a9ed7cd23e97f8c7de9d7d3b29cab3e_zpsolmst4eg.jpg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Dont those stats look about right for rw, he averages just over 100 yrds a game, its not like he was completing more than 50% of his passes the past 3 yrs? He usually gets away with 1 maybe 2 passes a game where he just throws it as far as he can and hopes a WR gets it.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamBall underestimating Wussell:
Dont those stats look about right for rw, he averages just over 100 yrds a game, its not like he was completing more than 50% of his passes the past 3 yrs? He usually gets away with 1 maybe 2 passes a game where he just throws it as far as he can and hopes a WR gets it.
2012 comp % = 64.1% yds/gm = 194.9 Rookie year
comp % = 63.1% yds/gm = 209.8
comp % = 63.1% yds/gm = 217.2

Those stats look pretty damn good to me. If Foles can match those or even come close) we make the playoffs IMO.

EDIT: His playoff stats are even better.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
That's what happens when you try to replace Max Unger's blocking with Jimmy Graham's.

Speedr@m

Rookie
LOL sometimes the things I read about Russell Wilson just stun me lol

Not only is he an extremely clutch QB but a productive one as well. First 3 years 3 playoff appearances 2 SBs one SB victory, averages over 100 QB rating in those 3 years. Tops amoung ESPN QBR, 72tds, only 26ints, 8 ypa

I know the Hawks are our rival but goodness some of the ignorance regarding how good Wislon is is a bit stunning

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
LOL sometimes the things I read about Russell Wilson just stun me lol

Not only is he an extremely clutch QB but a productive one as well. First 3 years 3 playoff appearances 2 SBs one SB victory, averages over 100 QB rating in those 3 years. Tops amoung ESPN QBR, 72tds, only 26ints, 8 ypa

I know the Hawks are our rival but goodness some of the ignorance regarding how good Wislon is is a bit stunning
Least amount of attempts since 2012(rookie year). Says the game is usually not in his hands. Hasn't eclipsed 4,000 yards or 30 touchdowns. Best defense and running game in the NFL. Playoffs? He looked awful in the playoffs last year. Clutch? That game losing INT looked pretty good to me. He's average. A good running QB with a great team around him. I've never seen any player come into a system and be luckier with how he fit.