Russell Wilson can't find rhythm against Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
teams switching systems, OC's, and key personnel need preseason....Teams like, well, us...Teams like GB...Seahawks...Pats...preseason stats mean very little.

FRO

Legend
teams switching systems, OC's, and key personnel need preseason....Teams like, well, us...Teams like GB...Seahawks...Pats...preseason stats mean very little.
Exactly. Once a team is established preseason isn't a huge need. A team with a bunch of new parts and coaches needs as much seasoning they can get.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LACHAMP46 hunting snipes and conundrums:
You're reasoning is sound but your conclusion doesn't match with the facts on the ground vis-a-vis the Rams defense. We have only two new guys (Ayers & Fairley) on D and one of them (Fairley) is only a situational/rotational sub and yet our first string D is missing assignments in the 3rd preseason game in addition to other problems like no sack/QB hits just to name one. I don't buy the whole "vanilla defense" thing because other teams with Ds that aren't expected to be as good as ours are having no trouble getting sacks. That could of course be attributed to bad coaching among other things. Because I think your reasoning is sound and our position coaching staff is excellent (IMO) that pretty much leaves the culprit the "among other things." I have no idea what those other things are though. Possibly we should change that "very little" to "not as much."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
your conclusion doesn't match with the facts on the ground vis-a-vis the Rams defense.
Yeah, don'tcha hate it when that happens...LOL....I'm more concerned why the D doesn't look dominant, than the O struggling. I expect the D to dominate...if it doesn't I always wonder why? 2nd year, same players...no excuses...I hear except for penalties (those again) and a few blown plays they looked ok...still haven't seen the game. The blown play that has been shown, always leads my thoughts to the one player I don't think should start, and be replaced....
Vanilla...our vanilla must be so vanilla, it's french vanilla...it must be vanilla extract...I'd love vanilla with bump and run on the side...LMAO....Vanilla should stop the run, and prevent the bomb...getting picked apart doesn't bother me as much...Wow plays do...Long runs up the middle, and long passes.
No sacks...I figured Fish may have a handshake deal to not hit the starting QB's...then I see Foles getting slammed to the turf....Can't explain it....we've been close...Donald doesn't have 1 sack? Quinn doesn't have 2 sacks? Long isn't in there a bunch...Westbrooks, Hayes, Fairley all don't have a sack? Where's the stats page?
All in all, I'd expect a new defense week one, more effort, better plan due to the familiarity with the Seahawks, but they'll be tough on us too....so very low scoring game...

Alan

Legend
LACHAMP46 preaching to the choir:
I'm more concerned why the D doesn't look dominant, than the O struggling. I expect the D to dominate...if it doesn't I always wonder why? 2nd year, same players...no excuses...I hear except for penalties (those again) and a few blown plays they looked ok...still haven't seen the game. The blown play that has been shown, always leads my thoughts to the one player I don't think should start, and be replaced....
We are totally of one mind here.

Vanilla...our vanilla must be so vanilla, it's french vanilla...it must be vanilla extract...I'd love vanilla with bump and run on the side...LMAO....Vanilla should stop the run, and prevent the bomb...getting picked apart doesn't bother me as much...Wow plays do...Long runs up the middle, and long passes.
No sacks...I figured Fish may have a handshake deal to not hit the starting QB's...then I see Foles getting slammed to the turf....Can't explain it....we've been close...Donald doesn't have 1 sack? Quinn doesn't have 2 sacks? Long isn't in there a bunch...Westbrooks, Hayes, Fairley all don't have a sack? Where's the stats page?
All in all, I'd expect a new defense week one, more effort, better plan due to the familiarity with the Seahawks, but they'll be tough on us too....so very low scoring game...
Yeah, it's got me worried. We NEED a dominate D.

I'm actually OK with where our O is. The lack of run blocking is the only place where they're behind in where I thought they'd be. In other places they're way ahead of my expectations. We are not good enough to survive many penalties though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We are totally of one mind here.

Yeah, it's got me worried. We NEED a dominate D.

I'm actually OK with where our O is. The lack of run blocking is the only place where they're behind in where I thought they'd be. In other places they're way ahead of my expectations. We are not good enough to survive many penalties though.

That seems about right since you and @LACHAMP46 both have half a brain :)

Alan

Legend
LesBaker green with envy:
That seems about right since you and @LACHAMP46 both have half a brain :)
Yeah, we do have the brains don't we. We could use some bigger balls though. Not that I know anybody who resembles that. :whistle: :LOL: