Running Back Competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
libertadrocks said:
There are a lot of positives in there too. Positives I really like. You just choose to highlight the negative. lol

Very True! I know I am a little hard here ....Fisher played three RB's last season. Ganaway was active for 3 games never saw the field after being cut by the Jets. I have nothing against this player from all information he looks to be 100 % good guy hard worker!

When I review what Snead & Fisher have brought in here as playmakers and RB's are Playmakers I see nothing in Ganaway that says playmaker. I review the current list of runners who could see the ball i.e. Pead, Stacy, Austin, Richardson & Cunningham that's five there alone....That two more than what Fisher used in 2012. I can not see ( at this point) where we would desire to place the ball into Ganaway's hands over a Stacy or Pead or Austin or a Richardson and expect a big play to be made. With Stacy & Cunningham you have some serious power packed condensed runners who have some big play possibilities. I really think that Cunningham is a real bonified gold nugget that once fully healed will demand some action....I find it very hard to see any need of having a Ganaway taking up one of the four Ram roster spots over the above listed five.

My single over used brain cell keeps reminding me the amount of times Snead & Fisher mentioned adding playmakers to this young roster. So with outside receivers like Givens, Quick, Bailey, Slots like Jared Cook, Tavon Austin, Pettis & H-back Kendricks add a backfield Pead, Richardson, Stacy & Cunningham. That's a dozen in that playmaking cadre.

If you are going to carry some depth anywhere it better be in that OL that was neglected the first and second days of Fishers last two drafts and has a ton of rehabbing taking place! I could not come up with a bonified reason to expect a roster spot slated to contain 5th RB unless injury RB epidemic.

Ram4life11

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bonifay

U made some very good points. I agree with just about everything u said, with Snead & Fisher consistanly talking about play makers, I don't see playmaker potentional at all in Genaway as I see in the other 4 backs named. I no Pead will be the starter, I'm just not sold on him yet, I'd honestly rather see Richardson starting. I see the bigger battle going on between Cunningham & Stacey. I like them both, but IMO it all comes down to if Cunningham is healthy or not. If he's 100% healthy it spells trouble for the entire back field. With him weighing 215 makes him a solid powerback, and he also has 4.4 capabalities.. MAN IM EXCITED ABOUT THIS BATTLE...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/rams-plan-for-tavon-austin-get-him-the-ball-as-often-as-we-can/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... as-we-can/</a>

We’re going to try to get the ball to him as often as we can, however we do that,” Fisher said.

I think that Austin will earn his big paycheck and will not be under utilized!

“He’s very talented. We drafted him because he’s got receiver skills, run skills, return skills. We think we can use him in all those areas,” Fisher said.

This is way I do not believe that Ganaway is needed by this 2013 Ram team...
This 2013 team is not the 2012 team that Ganaway hooked up with.

It will certainly be interesting.

I found this though, good to have some lovin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballfortress.com/index.php/en/component/k2/item/182-2013-nfl-darkhorse-teams-nfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballfortress.com/index.php/e ... -teams-nfc</a>

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
BonifayRam said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/rams-plan-for-tavon-austin-get-him-the-ball-as-often-as-we-can/

We’re going to try to get the ball to him as often as we can, however we do that,” Fisher said.

“He’s very talented. We drafted him because he’s got receiver skills, run skills, return skills. We think we can use him in all those areas,” Fisher said.

Except that Austin will fill a WR spot on the roster, not a RB slot. Fisher will still keep 4, even if one is inactive on Game Day.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/rams-plan-for-tavon-austin-get-him-the-ball-as-often-as-we-can/

Except that Austin will fill a WR spot on the roster, not a RB slot. Fisher will still keep 4, even if one is inactive on Game Day.

Who do u feel will be the 4 RB's to make the active roster???

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:

yep. gotta go with 4 rbs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:

I always would have thought that Fisher will have four RB's on his final 53 player roster. It is also a well known given that Tavon Austin would not be considered as taking one of the those four roster spots but listed as a WR on the 53 player master roster.

nighttrain

Legend
acepilot1990 said:
It will certainly be interesting.

I found this though, good to have some lovin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballfortress.com/index.php/en/component/k2/item/182-2013-nfl-darkhorse-teams-nfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballfortress.com/index.php/e ... -teams-nfc</a>
out of the three teams mention, Rams the true dark horse in the NFC
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BonifayRam said:
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:

I always would have thought that Fisher will have four RB's on his final 53 player roster. It is also a well known given that Tavon Austin would not be considered as taking one of the those four roster spots but listed as a WR on the 53 player master roster.

Agree with all this. My concern might be that we wear the kid out. I know our staff knows how not to do this but they talk like a kid who just got the newest, hottest toy ever made. I have to wonder if they are going to use him on both punt returns and kick off returns. Then how many snaps do you put him in on offense?

I suppose I shouldn't worry too much about kick returns being that he'll only have to do that once or twice a game. :7up: Punt returns however could put him on the field a lot though. :7up: :7up:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
BonifayRam said:
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:

Then why would you equate Austin's production at RB to Ganaway's not making the team, when they are entirely different players? You may be right that Ganaway doesn't make the 53, but I don't see how Austin clinches that. I'd be more inclined to believe that Cunningham's health would be the deciding factor, depending on how both players fare in TC.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:
Ram Quixote said:
BonifayRam said:

Then why would you equate Austin's production at RB to Ganaway's not making the team, when they are entirely different players? You may be right that Ganaway doesn't make the 53, but I don't see how Austin clinches that. I'd be more inclined to believe that Cunningham's health would be the deciding factor, depending on how both players fare in TC.

Yep certainly the health of that knee of Cunningham is bigger. If the knee is not in full go then Cunningham would be a PUP candidate early in the season. TA a slot and then wide out player is just as good as a runner on the outside as he is as a receiver. I would be the last person to not consider him as contributing in the running game. Thus I will put him in with those other rookie & second yr RB's. Pead, Stacy & Cunningham are well qualified to run up the middle and off tackle You have Richardson & TA able to jet outside. I just would not exclude TA from running that ball.

Like I said in the first post with a stable of runners like above having Ganaway take up a roster spot when the OL has be a number one trouble spot yr and year with injuries.....It's a no brainer for my one overworked brain cell better load up with a large herd of talented OL'ers to protect Sam Bradford!

Run Pead if he wears down then rest him run Stacy if we wear him down run Richardson if he wears down then run Cunningham then if those four are tired the run TA and start all over again! Invest in that OL if you want to stash borderline players not at RB. That' :yessir: s my wish Quixote.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Man I truely can't wait for training camp to see how thing RB battle plays out. Besides the RB battles, the only other exciting part of training camp I feel is the battle for the safety spots in the secondary. DOES ANYONE KNO THE 1st DAY OF TRAINING CAMP???