Roster Shortage?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I liked Everett a lot more than many of the posters.

Recall the Monday Night Chiefs game and the NFC Championship in particular.
Yeah, but he just can't get it together... Gets nicked up a lot, a big drop now and then for a guy that didnt get a lot of opportunities and a fumble every now and then as well at the worst time.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah, but he just can't get it together... Gets nicked up a lot, a big drop now and then for a guy that didn't get a lot of opportunities and a fumble every now and then as well at the worst time.
I'm just not with you on that.

In four seasons with the Rams, he missed just three games and lost two fumbles.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

He lost 2, but how many times did he actually fumble? Just curious if that includes total and lost.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He lost 2, but how many times did he actually fumble? Just curious if that includes total and lost.
Checked two sources. Both list fumbles. Assume they were fumbles lost.

Maybe he fumbled ten times, and the Rams recovered eight.

Maybe Everett did not fumble as many times as some might think

Kind of like the durability comments. Everett only missed three games in four seasons.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto

Kind of like the durability comments. Everett only missed three games in four seasons.
Wasn't talking shit to your previous post, just was a genuine question :sunglasses:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think we see a move before the weekend tbh. They cleared cap space for a reason and a shrewd move could help them improve one of a few areas of weakness.

I want safety but McVay will probably favor his offense it is what it is. TE2 should be easy to pull off.
Monday. No rush with the upcoming game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I'm with you. The Everett criticism here has been over the top, both by looking at the numbers and the eye test. He was a good contributor. TE2, young guy....i'm not sure what the expectations were.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Everett had a couple brutal drops in his four seasons here and fans tend to focus upon those things.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Did not think you were.

And my response was not intended to be a wise guy response.

All good.
I didn't take it as such! Just making sure you didn't think I was being a slapdick!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Going back and looking at games played or games started is merely a starting point for determining a player's injury history. Sadly, some players play in a game then get hurt and sit out the rest of the game. The next game they are there, but limited in capacity. Then the next game they're there but get hurt again. Then there's a bye, and they're limited the game after. Etc. I'm not declaring that he was that way, but we've had several players like that over the years. A few years later it's "look they offered on all 16 games! The model of health" but some posters remember all the little dings that kept them from performing consistently.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
… but some posters remember all the little dings that kept them from performing consistently.
And sometimes, some posters don’t remember accurately, and exaggerate the facts to fit their narrative.

I agree with most of your thoughts and comments by the way.

Last edited:

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I don’t even know what a ‘slapdick’ is but I plan on using the term in the future.
Gotta watch Coach Jason Brown from Last Chance U. He's on the Pat McAfee show every week and that's his term. I use it now too. Haha.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I spent far longer than I'd like to admit to trying to click those words like they were a hyperlink.

SAME!!! I was getting so frustrated b/c my phone's been lagging lately and I kept pushing the "link" harder and harder...

Finally, I took a breath and saw I was got...