Rookie Profile: Garrett Gilbert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Kevin Bacon was in the movie "Starting Over" along with Burt Reynolds. Burt Reynolds was in the the move "The Longest Yard (2005)" along with Bill Goldberg. Bill Goldberg was drafted by the Rams, the team for which Sam Bradford plays.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kevin Bacon was in a movie Taking Chance (a great movie especially for veterans) and that's what the Rams did when they drafted Garrett Gilbert!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kevin Bacon was in JFK with Sissy Spacek.
Sissy Spacek was in Carrie with John Travolta.
John Travolta was in Broken Arrow with Howie Long.....

This is exhausting

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Kevin Bacon was in JFK with Ed Asner. Ed Asner was in Gus with Fred Dryer (uncredited, but listed on IMDB). Fred Dryer played for the same team as Sam Bradford.

Kevin Bacon was in Footloose with Timothy Scott. Timothy Scott was in One More Train to Rob with Merlin Olsen. Merlin Olsen played for the same team as Sam Bradford.

Trying to find if there's any shorter connections. This is a big help:
http://oracleofbacon.org/movielinks.php

Fred Dryer was in Cannonball Run II with Hal Needham. Hal Needham was in The Undefeated with Merlin Olsen.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Kevin Bacon was on a movie set in chicago, Sandra Bullock was in Chicago while doing "While you were sleeping" and I walked right by her...nice jaw line, and very confident. Ya, uh huh, and it is true except I don't know if Bacon was actually on the movie set....ya, ya, whatever.

And, I got red hair like bacon and i am cocky, but welll I heard about Bacon....and I won't continue..

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Kevin Bacon was in JFK with Sissy Spacek.
Sissy Spacek was in Carrie with John Travolta.
John Travolta was in Broken Arrow with Howie Long.....

This is exhausting
Howie Long, in 1988, did a commercial that was broadcast during the 1988 Rams-raiders game with his son "Chris Long", who ya, you knew it, became a Ram---because of that commercial. ya, I got it on tape, man. ya. I love being 12

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Gilbert's struggles at Texas are on Mack Brown as far as I am concerned.

If anyone can let us know any player in the past 3 years didn't "struggle" while at Texas, i'd love to know. I mean this is why Mack Brown lost his job -- because he couldn't deal with QB's, especially after VY

FACT - this year there wasn't one Texas player drafted this year. That has never happened before to my knowledge

Texas, because of Mack Brown, gave way to recruiting to Baylor and Texas A&M which is unheard of - here are some names Mack Brown ignored -- RG3 wanted to come to UT, same with JFF, and another famous Texas QB Andrew Luck who's dad is a Texas Ex was completely ignored.
Even Jameis Winston is quoted as saying he wanted to play for the Longhorns - did that matter to Mack? NO.
Thank goodness for them, cause they would have been discarded -- I mean take a look at James Franklin at Mizzou - he was at Texas and discarded by Mack Brown - he's now with the Lions as a UDFA. I bet many of you Mizzou fans like that kid plenty.

Gilbert had no running game his first year as a starter; he had no receiving corps, and a weak o-line - plus he was put in there too early. No time like Bryce Petty for example (another QB ignored by Mack) played behind 2 QB's before getting his start.
Look for Petty to be a Top 20 Pick next year.

The fact is Mack Brown is gone and Charlie Strong is in.

Garrett Gilbert played like a man in the National Championship game - sure he threw a few picks, but he was a true freshman and hadn't started all year and was thrust into action on the biggest stage ever - he almost led a great comeback against Alabama.
Check out this composure and the pass to Shipley in the video below.

Garrett is going to be a 10 year career back-up but his struggles were not of his own making. It was from gross mismanagement and Mack Brown's part and that is why the Texas program is in shambles and starting over.

Man, that right there, along with the fact that not a single UT player was drafted this year, speaks volumes about why Brown is no longer with Texas. His recruiting has been atrocious the last few years.