Roger MFn Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of fans here wanted him to be an off-season cut in their off season plans. I didn't understand it. He played alongside Barnes and GRob. Of course he wouldn't shine. But he was very good at right guard when he played next to Barksdale . He just needed a semblance of competence to one side.
I was beating the drum to keep Saffold too.
The main reason then was he could play every spot except C. Play each position better than the guy there, not because he was great at all of them but the rest of the line wasn't very good.
He is a player and a rare athlete. Bring those LT feet inside is huge.
The whole OL dominated yesterday. Just dominated. It was a thing of beauty.
A lot to be said about matching the system and players. This O matches his skill set well too.
Both Gs have shown an ability to make blocks on the second level.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Saffold this year is playing like a sadistic stepfather in a world where opposing defenses are made up of red-headed stepchildren ...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
A lot of fans here wanted him to be an off-season cut in their off season plans. I didn't understand it. He played alongside Barnes and GRob. Of course he wouldn't shine. But he was very good at right guard when he played next to Barksdale . He just needed a semblance of competence to one side.

I was guilty. Friggin' ELATED to be so wrong about him ...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Been saying for some time get this killer OL'er a long extension ASAP. Rodger Saffold got a massive drive killing Loafer (GRob) off his back ...One that Saffold has been carrying around with him since 2014. Early this season on or about his 29 th birthday the Rams Org. gave Rodger several birthday gifts.....one they traded GRob off next they gave him .two new playmates who have the same great brain power as Saffold. Saffold has always been very sharp smart OL'er.

Never forget that Rodger was awarded during his first season the best rookie Left OT back in 2010. Rodger was this teams starting LT for three seasons. In college Rodger started 41 gms @ Left OT. Having Rodger here with a well season 36 yr old starting LT is something we better keep around here for the next few seasons. That's all Rodger Saffold needed was some good playmates who plays like he does!

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He is close to our team MVP. Everything you said is correct. Every game, all I see, is Saffold...way down the field, still making blocks. He probably leads the team in combo blocks. I can't mention downfield blocks, without mentioning EVERY WR block downfield...they have been money.

Out whole offensive line should also be mentioned, as well as RB's, and TE's. Our TEAM blocking is so good, and Saffold had been leading the charge. That is how yo buy in, that is how you win.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Been saying for some time get this killer OL'er a long extension ASAP. Saffold got a massive drive killing Loafer (GRob) off his back ...One that Saffold has been carrying around with him since 2014. Early this season on or about his 29 th birthday the Rams Org. gave Rodger several birthday gifts.....one they traded GRob off next they gave him .two new playmates who have the same great brain power as Saffold. Saffold has always been very sharp smart OL'er.

Thats all Rodger Saffold needed was some playmates who play like he does!

Well I started like my only post The Big 5.

First off Saffold had a bad attitude at the end of last season. Goff told everyone in the locker room to remember this feeling because it is not going to be like this any more ! Saffold put him down for that.

It was Goff who impressed McVay from the start. They met before his signing.

The Rams hired the Kromers first. Then they evaluated there offensive lineman.

The Rams signed Woods , but Whitworth was the Bookend They have needed for years. The veteran leader that Saffold has needed to play with for years. Then
they finally signed John Sullivan who McVay worked with in Washington who knew all his concepts.

It was Kromer who said he could work this offensive line. He said The Rams did not need to Draft a Offensive Lineman.

The Rams took Everett & John Johnson with the 2nd rd pick.(Mo Alexander anyone ?) A lot of fans were pissed they passed on. Lineman.

The Rams tried to use Greg Robinson at RT. Big Rob was penciled in at RG.It was Jamon Brown who stepped up to take the RT spot.

Your guy Donnal was hurt. Robinson got traded when The Rams had a chance to unload parts of his salary.It was the faith they in Kromers teaching & evaluations.

Yes- Roger Saffold has been playing at a Pro Bowl level.It has a lot to do of him being kept at just LG.

McVay gives Whitworth & Sullivan every Wednesday off.That gives Daryl Williams and Austin Blythe first team reps each week. Both players have come in and done a good job when called on.

Donnal was cut & The Rams Only have eight offense lineman on their roster.

Roger Saffold has kept healthy which I believe is because of the consistency of The Rams philosophy of instruction.