Roger MFn Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I dont pay attention to O-line play at all but this guy has been jumping off the screen in my eyes (along with withworth). In seasons past he was undoubtly our best lineman but he was ALWAYS laying on the groumd... Do you guys remember this guy seemingly hurt EVERY game and or season?

But THIS YEAR, he has been healthy and playing lights out!! The past few weeks he has been serving up some PAAAAAANNNNNCAAAAKEESSS. I love it! Everytime we run to the left i look forward to seeing Saffold fold a deffender over BACKWARDS!!!

TexasRam

Legend
I feel like when healthy he has played like this. But when at guard a lot of his blocks out in space never mattered because the tackle would get destroyed or the play call was at the wrong time. What Mcvay and Whit bring lets Roger shine I think. But yea the big dude has been laying pancakes or the highlight reel.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I dont pay attention to O-line play at all but this guy has been jumping off the screen in my eyes (along with withworth). In seasons past he was undoubtly our best lineman but he was ALWAYS laying on the groumd... Do you guys remember this guy seemingly hurt EVERY game and or season?

But THIS YEAR, he has been healthy and playing lights out!! The past few weeks he has been serving up some PAAAAAANNNNNCAAAAKEESSS. I love it! Everytime we run to the left i look forward to seeing Saffold fold a deffender over BACKWARDS!!!

Zach Stacy enough said

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

He is close to our team MVP. Everything you said is correct. Every game, all I see, is Saffold...way down the field, still making blocks. He probably leads the team in combo blocks. I can't mention downfield blocks, without mentioning EVERY WR block downfield...they have been money.

Out whole offensive line should also be mentioned, as well as RB's, and TE's. Our TEAM blocking is so good, and Saffold had been leading the charge. That is how yo buy in, that is how you win.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I feel like when healthy he has played like this. But when at guard a lot of his blocks out in space never mattered because the tackle would get destroyed or the play call was at the wrong time. What Mcvay and Whit bring lets Roger shine I think. But yea the big dude has been laying pancakes or the highlight reel.

It's true. And now that he's had both shoulders repaired which actually makes them stronger than before because he had a congenital shoulder defect which the surgery made better than original...yeah, he's playing lights out.

Now, he can use his strength to do what he's capable of doing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The OL overall is really starting to peak now. I noticed Brown getting on second level blocks today too, I mean all these dudes look like they're improving as we go forward still.

But yeah I think the way Roger is playing we can call him out every week.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Saffold was long regarded as the strongest guy on the team. He may still be. His downfield blocks look effortless as guys go flat. He pushes them over with his arm strength.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure am glad he failed that physical a couple years back with the Raiders. (Think it was the Raiders?)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Saffold was long regarded as the strongest guy on the team. He may still be. His downfield blocks look effortless as guys go flat. He pushes them over with his arm strength.

Yep and now that his shoulders are holding up AND he's got good coaching and Whit next to him...he's the Pro Bowler he was always capable of being.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A lot of fans here wanted him to be an off-season cut in their off season plans. I didn't understand it. He played alongside Barnes and GRob. Of course he wouldn't shine. But he was very good at right guard when he played next to Barksdale . He just needed a semblance of competence to one side.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am happy the rams kept Roger, up until this offseason I wasn't.....good for Kromer and McVay!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I had Saffold in my mock draft, in round 2, exactly where he went, so I have always had a rooting interest in him. @Memphis Ram , I think he was the only other guy who had him in that draft. Love the guy. I will always root for him. He has has a ridiculous injury history...knock on wood...literally, but I hope that is behind him through the twilight of his career.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saffs has been excellent this year always knew he was a good player ... but he could never ever stay healthy which was the most frustrating part ...Mcvay and Kromer have done an outstanding job of managing the vets of this team
Remember when we used to worry about he right side of the line

Our best move on the offensive was jettisoning GRob

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I agree, RS's big body is in the screen shot on a lot of plays. 76 and 77 are killing it!!!! We've got a lot of MVP candidates on this team!!!!!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Saffs has been excellent this year always knew he was a good player ... but he could never ever stay healthy which was the most frustrating part ...Mcvay and Kromer have done an outstanding job of managing the vets of this team
Remember when we used to worry about he right side of the line

Our best move on the offensive was jettisoning GRob

Watching Ifedi for the hawks last night brought back lots of GRob memories.

The whole OL this year has been outstanding for the most part. They had their way with a very good Seahawks DL yesterday. Brown and Big Hav were creating big holes as well so opponents can't just key on our left hand side when it comes to running plays.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He has been one of the top gaurds in the leauge, glad we held on to him thru all of those injuries . The whole o line has played great

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now, he can use his strength to do what he's capable of doing.

Which is leading to him having a pro bowl year and you think he's enjoying playing next to Whitworth not having to worry about telling him what to do?