Robert Woods Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Take a pill or a tok, Rams bro. You’re not right on everything and neither am I. You’re taking this too personally.

Ramsey is good even great but he has his warts like anyone else. If you don’t see that neither I or anyone else is going to convince you.
Dude, I see his wart’s & who knows if he has the H”. That’s not what I’m saying. If you don’t get it that’s cool.

I do take it personally,because that is who Jalen RAMsey is as well.He has a Trust issue,because of how people may perceive him.Is he a Diva? HECK YES!!! That’s what Sean Mcvay loves about him.Mcvay allows him to be himself & keeps it real.

Allen Robinson just said in his interview that is friends with Jalen. OBj was talking with Jalen & got Robert Woods on the phone to make sure he was ok with OBj coming to The Rams.
To say Jalen RAMsey isn’t a NFL leader & a Big Time HOF candidate in his young career would be WRONG!!
Eric Weedle being a Ram went through Jalen RAMsey & probably the only reason Raheem Morris of all people called him & talked him to coming out of retirement.
If you don’t think Weedle being the Green Dot was something Jalen didn’t respect is kidding one self.

My point was only that Ram Fans are forgetting about a Big Time team leader in Jalen RAMSey. IMO that is very true & probably the biggest team leader on The Rams.

If you ask about AD99 there wasn’t one teammate that wanted to help win one for Donald. Von Miller was the guy who has won a SuperBowl & took the experience & Lockeroom over & pushed AD99 to be The Defensive Leader!! I go back to 2019 & know Jalen & Rapp cost The Rams a playoff birth against the 9ers.
Clay & Ad99 we’re really getting after it. Donte Fowler might be a Ram? My reasoning is only because in his heart he still is. He & Jalen are tight as well & probably the reason Jalen is a Ram? Robinson maybe as well? That part I’m totally stretching & if it happens only makes my post stronger.

Here is some red tape,but is talked about ? I’ll doubt it though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Brothers for life

gettyimages-1038626452.jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I am not saying this is accurate but to try and provide some context, here are some Spotrac numbers.

Yesterday, Woods carried a 2022 cap hit of $15.7M for the Rams.

Spotrac has already taken Woods off the roster but there is $8.6M of dead-$.

The difference is $7.1M, which would be the 2022 cap savings.

$7.1M of cap-relief might not seem like much but consider that the combined 2022 cap-hits of Noteboom, Allen and Shelton is only $6.8M. The way the Rams structure big-contracts, the first-year cap-hit is usually very low. The Rams might be able to do something significant with an additional $7.1M.

Spotrac could be wrong. Just saying that the Rams did not trade Robert Woods for only a 2023 6th round pick. They traded him for a 6th round pick in 2023 AND cap relief in 2022.
Spotrac has up-dated Woods' impact on the Rams (and Titans) 2022 salary cap.

Woods had a $3.5M roster bonus that initially was on the Titans' books but has now switched-over to the Rams in the form of Dead-$. That increase the dead-$ from $8.6M to $12.1M; and reduces the Rams' 2022 cap savings from $7.1M to just $3.5M.

Disappointing, if accurate.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Woods had a $3.5M roster bonus that initially was on the Titans' books but has now switched-over to the Rams in the form of Dead-$. That increase the dead-$ from $8.6M to $12.1M; and reduces the Rams' 2022 cap savings from $7.1M to just $3.5M.

This just cant be true....
So all they traded Woods for on a 10 mill deal was a 2023 6th rounder ?
Thats crazy if true

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
This just cant be true....
So all they traded Woods for on a 10 mill deal was a 2023 6th rounder ?
Thats crazy if true
If true, is Snead still drunk from the celebration or is he losing his mind?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That truly sucks if true. Could have just kept him for $3.5 mil. A 6th round pick in 2023 has 7th round value.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
That truly sucks if true. Could have just kept him for $3.5 mil. A 6th round pick in 2023 has 7th round value.

If we really could have kept him for 3.5 mil, AND had him from the beginning of the season, yet chose to keep obj, then that's fucked up. Really fucked up.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I check the salary cap sites because I believe effective cap management is important. However, I take the site information with a grain-of-salt. They do make mistakes and frequently update.

dang

Legend
Yeah. Keep an eye on the cap trackers. Spotrac is showing Whit still in the Top 51 contracts at $3.2m. That can’t be right either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trading Woods before we signed OBJ was a mistake, I called it as soon as it happened. I wasn't against the trade but rather the timing. Because if OBJ decided not to re-sign with us, we get weaker at WR in 2022. Once Von left I figured there was a very good chance we lose OBJ too, those guys are best friends.

View: https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1506484918578126848?t=2svbk19Da4rH66cw-ybzpA&s=19

I am not worried, at all.

Rams have said they are interested. What’s the market for a 29/30yr old, coming off 2x ACL? A guy who, from the outside, could be a team/locker room challenge.

How can it not work out here? And if it doesn’t, there will be another WR at the trade deadline we could add if need be.

Not to mention, we got an OBJ type in Robinson.

dang

Legend
OBJ won’t be available until late November earliest. There’s a whole lot of football, released players, trade options, player improvements to consider before then. Rams would like him but it had to work for them. Let some other more desperate team make the foolish move.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ll bet it was more about next years cap and either clearing cap for ADs extension. It doesn’t look like much of a savings this year.
Trading Woods before we signed OBJ was a mistake, I called it as soon as it happened. I wasn't against the trade but rather the timing. Because if OBJ decided not to re-sign with us, we get weaker at WR in 2022. Once Von left I figured there was a very good chance we lose OBJ too, those guys are best friends.

View: https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1506484918578126848?t=2svbk19Da4rH66cw-ybzpA&s=19

I agree one injury and they are up shits creek. I figured they’d role with Woods, Robinson and Kupp after seeing three receivers go down to ACLs last year. They are a top contender. No reason to weaken the team that’s trying to repeat. Sometimes I think they overcomplicate things.

The reason I laughed is the thought of Beckham going back to the Browns where fans hate him and he was a PIA for coaches and the team to the point that he was given his release.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If OBJ is worried about getting touches, does he not understand that all it would take is just 1 injury (God forbid) to Kupp or Robinson & he's on the field? a LOT? Not to mention, once he's rehabbed, if all 3 are healthy, then Kupp goes to the slot, he & Robinson are now WR1 and WR2?? Is he really that greedy that he has to be the big fish in a small pond everywhere he goes??
Staying in LA, with him, Kupp & AR on the field (man I wish he had taken #15 lol) practically guarantees a deep playoff run.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Still hoping Odell sticks around. This offense favors him. Sign here for one year, kick some ass in the playoffs, then go get a payday with hopefully a second ring.

He is probably butthurt the Rams added Robinson. But he should move past that. Seeing him in this offense was a lot of fun.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Still hoping Odell sticks around. This offense favors him. Sign here for one year, kick some ass in the playoffs, then go get a payday with hopefully a second ring.

He is probably butthurt the Rams added Robinson. But he should move past that. Seeing him in this offense was a lot of fun.
If that’s the case then he’d be a hypocrite. Woods and Kupp welcomed OBJ with open arms. He should welcome Robinson, especially with Woods gone.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If that’s the case then he’d be a hypocrite. Woods and Kupp welcomed OBJ with open arms. He should welcome Robinson, especially with Woods gone.
I think it's natural to feel that way. Odell came in to this offense and really made a difference. Then that injury stole his contract basically. Then he watches the Rams add another top option like Robinson which is a nice reminder of the business side of this league.

So after he sniffs around in FA and sees that all teams are offering similar short term prove-it deals I would hope he realizes the Rams are tough to beat for a one year look. It would be really nice to get that dude added to this offense in time for the playoff run.