Robert Woods Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol
When the media pushes agenda that supports our player or team, Thumbs up!
When the agenda opposes? He's an idiot!! How does he have a job??
Haha
Life is good as a Rams fan, even the criticism is a compliment these days
Not at all. Skip Bayless no matter what he says is an idiot. Sorry that fact escaped you. I don't like the trade as I've seen countless other Rams fans. But for the most part the understand why it happened. They don't like the compensation. But when they hear from the Rams they worked with Bobby Trees to go somewhere he wanted they understand the lesser compensation but they don't like it. No matter what though above all else. Skip Bayless is a grade A colossal idiot.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I sensed this was going to happen as soon as I saw the Robinson signing. Thank you Mr.Woods for being on the ground floor of re-establishing the Rams offensive dominance. You were willing to do all the dirty work. Your YAC were legendary and effective. Thank you!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Bayless is the National Enquier of the NFL. A tenditous click bait journalist not to be taken seriously, it would be unlikely he could actually be so malinformed

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bayless is no idiot. He puts out there whatever will get the most outrageous reaction from viewers. Basically, it's the fundamental strategy of his platform. Be loud and have hot(dumb) takes and you will be rewarded.

I'd rather get reaction from the ROD locals and fans elsewhere who aren't payed to sound stupid and piss people off.

#dontclick

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Interesting that there is nothing so far on the Rams or Titans twitter pages about the Robert Woods trade. Does that just mean it hasn’t been made official yet?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bayless is no idiot. He puts out there whatever will get the most outrageous reaction from viewers. Basically, it's the fundamental strategy of his platform. Be loud and have hot(dumb) takes and you will be rewarded.

I'd rather get reaction from the ROD locals and fans elsewhere who aren't payed to sound stupid and piss people off.

#dontclick
Yeah I think they really enjoy him facing off with Shannon and Dickerson with ridiculous takes on the Rams.

One thing I think Rams fans need to be ready for is the Rams being viewed like the Patriots. If this team wins another Super Bowl, which I think has a damn good chance of happening in the next year or two, we're gonna be viewed through that evil empire lens.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Interesting that there is nothing so far on the Rams or Titans twitter pages about the Robert Woods trade. Does that just mean it hasn’t been made official yet?

Maybe when hearing the news Woods boarded a plane for Tahiti rather than the one taking him to his physical in Tennessee.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And.. for people wondering about the impact of losing Woods.. Brockers and Donald have a relationship much like Woods and Kupp. They are super tight.
My point is that players know it's a business. And.. if the Rams really did try to get Woods in a decent spot in the trade, that will say something to players as well.
Good valid point there. Just wishing we got more but hopefully the moves to follow (which I'm highly assuming there are) will either make this extremely more understanding or not. I'm hoping we make another splash signing but we shall see.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One thing I think Rams fans need to be ready for is the Rams being viewed like the Patriots. If this team wins another Super Bowl, which I think has a damn good chance of happening in the next year or two, we're gonna be viewed through that evil empire lens.
I say bring it on. This 5 year run of success won't last forever. I'm really trying to just take it all in and enjoy the jealousy from the outside. And also not stress out over contracts, not having an All pro at LB etc.

Honestly i've been a happy fan since 2017. Late 2020 was the peak of frustration for me(Goff), but the Rams went out and solved that in Cabo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also this from Jourdan now I understand and echo the sentiments of @Juggs and many others, but again this makes some sense.

I think these comments from Jourdan sum it up well; and despite the emotions involved, helps to explain the thinking behind the moves.

The savings from not retaining Miller, extending Stafford and creating more cap space in 2022, and the extra savings from trading Woods will fold into more moves beyond the acquisition of Robinson.

So RockRam on another site puts this into proper perspective, even though we will all miss Robert Woods (The Bobby Trees thing now getting old).

The league evolves. You can't run the same concepts and plays year after year because Defenses figure it out (look what the Bucs did to the Chiefs last year, and what the Pats did to the Rams in the previous Super bowl).
Clearly the Rams are going to change to something else, but I'm not good enough with the X's and O's to say what the change will look like. But Robinson is a very different kind of player than Woods and certainly runs different kinds of plays and routes.
Ahem! Other sites? My dear den, have you been dilly dallying with another Rams forum? Hmmm?

Get a rope! ~ @CGI_Ram

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well, Bayless is an idiot. And I have not seen many legit NFL types complain about adding Robinson.
Can't wait to see Shannon ask him, "So you wouldn't have wanted Jerrah to sign Robinson?" Hell, Skip would have taken that in a NY second!!! The problem with Skip is, he's too much of a fan (of the Cowboys) to be objective about anything. He's the anti-Cowherd.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Can't wait to see Shannon ask him, "So you wouldn't have wanted Jerrah to sign Robinson?" Hell, Skip would have taken that in a NY second!!! The problem with Skip is, he's too much of a fan (of the Cowboys) to be objective about anything. He's the anti-Cowherd.
Sentiment aside, the Rams got a bigger, younger player on a 3 year deal and got rid of a contract with 4 years left for a 30 year old WR coming off a mid season ACL tear.

Bayless argues like a 15 year old who’s entire knowledge base comes from playing fantasy football.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sentiment aside, the Rams got a bigger, younger player on a 3 year deal and got rid of a contract with 4 years left for a 30 year old WR coming off a mid season ACL tear.

Bayless argues like a 15 year old who’s entire knowledge base comes from playing fantasy football.
I found it funny in an old video, Skip stated confidently that Matthew Stafford would be basically reborn in Hollywood when the trade for Goff happened. But then through the playoffs he downgraded Stafford whenever possible, as though he had forgotten what his original narrative about Matthew was supposed to be. His image was transformed after the Super Bowl, but Skip was no longer saying that….lol

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I found it funny in an old video, Skip stated confidently that Matthew Stafford would be basically reborn in Hollywood when the trade for Goff happened. But then through the playoffs he downgraded Stafford whenever possible, as though he had forgotten what his original narrative about Matthew was supposed to be. His image was transformed after the Super Bowl, but Skip was no longer saying that….lol
One possible explanation is that Bayless ... who I dislike intently and never watch or listen to, so I am just speculating here ... may be the worst type of Sports-Media-Personality. The type that does not even state his honest opinions but rather strategically chooses an opinion that will provide attention and ratings that translate to $.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bayliss is just painful to listen to. He's quite hated by players in a number of sports. Look up Karl Malone and Skip Bayliss on you tube. He is a troll that is not respected by those he discusses.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Karl Malone is what, three times taller than Skip? I'd pay to see those two duke it out. :laugh4:

I am not too concerned about the Woods trade. I thought his biggest weakness was his hands. He dropped a lot of catchable balls thrown his way and I think that was one of the reasons Stafford slowed down his pass rate to him. He might have blocked well but as far as speed and catching ...he wasn't that good. I prefer Robinson and his 1 dropped ball over Woods. I just wish they could have gotten more than a 6th for him. Otherwise...I wasn't exactly heart broken over it.