Rob Gronkowski Dirty Hit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Last night on the NFL network LT and Deion were saying no suspension because AJ Green wasn't suspended. This is completely different, the Bills player was lying defenseless on the ground. I think a very large fine is in order as well as a suspension.

Yeah, completely different in my mind. One was a fight. This was malicious with the intent to do harm.

I reiterate, he used his elbow with the shown brace as a weapon. I agree with people above, that is assault.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
One of the dirtiest plays in recent memory. Only Albert Haynesworth stomping on Gurode's face trumps this.

Gronkowski should sit for the rest of the year, including playoffs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The fact that the player for the Bills was on the ground makes it that much worse. And Gronk targeted his head-- all after the play was over!

How is that not assault?

After thinking about this I have to put this hit above the Martin hit on McMahon many years ago.

They won't do that - because then someone else would snag him and play him. But they may - and should - sit his ass down.

If the NFL doesn't suspend him I would hope the team would sit him, but that's wishful thinking.

Players have friends on other teams all over the NFL..........if I had done that I'd find out who his buddies are and steer clear because I'm sure some of them will be waiting for Gronk when he comes across the middle and will gladly pay a fine to crush him when he does.

And if I was a friend of White's I would probably be very tempted to make him pay. This was a terrible thing and he needs a biiiiiiiiig fine and suspension for doing it. They need to set the precedent.

Listen to this shit.......a radio announcer was glad it happened........

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nfl...owski-dirty-cheap-shot-bills-tredavious-white

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
He deserves to be suspended and if he’s not than what the hell warrants a suspension? That was one of the dirtiest plays I’ve seen. Add in the fact that White suffered a concussion from it and it should be an easy 1 or 2 game suspension for gronk.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Not sure I've ever seen a more blatant cheap shot before. Maybe I'm to harsh but I'd never let him play again if I were commish.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
The fact that the player for the Bills was on the ground makes it that much worse. And Gronk targeted his head-- all after the play was over!

How is that not assault?

Battery ;)

He didn't even see it coming for it to be assault ha.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Any of y'all see this? The guy he hit, Tre'Davious White, is one of the Bills best players and had just picked off Brady. After Gronk's hit, he had to be helped off the field and was put in concussion protocol.

My reaction to seeing that play is hoping that a safety destroys Gronk's knee next time he goes over the middle of the field. There are a lot of things that you can get a pass for in football. But going after a downed, defenseless player's head and neck can both end a guy's career and permanently alter his life. That's inexcusable. It was blatantly late, it was malicious, and it was dirty. What a piece of crap.

Just imagine Patsy fans if a player had gone after Brady like that.

Don't people go to jail for assault for things like that?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looked malicious, better take a hard suspension or someone intentionally tackles him low to send him to the IR; well deserved for that kind of behavior

Psycho_X

Legend
Weak ass punishment but not surprised from Goodell. I wonder if it was a no name player who did the exact same thing to the back of Brady's head if the punishment would be as pathetic?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Apparently Kraft threatened to cut off Goodell's anal sessions if he came down hard on "I'm so sorry but still will fight even a way too lenient 1 game suspension Gronkshitski"..I really hope somebody does a dick dance on this prick..I've always thought something like this should be a suspension until the offended was cleared to resume his livelihood by an independant Dr./Drs...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
When you look at Gronk's right arm/hand, it's pretty clear that he meant to strike him with it, but slid over him and then used his left arm to hit his neck. This guy should be out for at least the rest of this season & be heavily fined.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
A one game suspension?

Oh, ok.

Gronk will now need a few of those "rip the helmet off" facemask tackles to "clear things up" for him.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I hope fans and media all unite as this along with all the other violations proves once and for all that Goodell has ALWAYS been in Kraft’s pocket. Gronk should be suspended for the year.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Weak ass punishment but not surprised from Goodell. I wonder if it was a no name player who did the exact same thing to the back of Brady's head if the punishment would be as pathetic?
You know it wouldn't, and that's one of the big problems with Goodell. The NFL/ PA really need to set clear guidelines for violations and penalties and not leave it up the Goodell's whims. For a clear malicious penalty like that well after the play is over (and not voluntary fighting), the penalty should start at a minimum of 4 games at least. And if I was king, if the victim was hurt and missed games due to injury, or was IR'ed, the penalty would be extended by twice the number of games that was missed by the hurt player. If the victim loses their NFL career, so should the victimizer.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's a fucking horseshit call by Runyan. Fucking weak punishment, and since he's appealing it, he'll probably get nothing.

Thanks a whole fucking bunch, NFL. You just proved - once again - that you don't give a shit about the health and safety of your players.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I hope fans and media all unite as this along with all the other violations proves once and for all that Goodell has ALWAYS been in Kraft’s pocket. Gronk should be suspended for the year.
Agree. I was hoping JJones would be able to get the other owners to at least not give Goodell a ridiculous extension, but it looks like there is no hope for several more years.