Rob Gronkowski Dirty Hit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Should be a 4 game suspension at least, and a possible arrest for assault.

Players get 4 games for slapping their girlfriends all the time, this is just as bad.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow.

1 game and he's going to fight it.

And the NFL wonders why fans are getting sick and tired..........

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Disgusting hit ... and I’m a big fan of Gronkowski as a player ... I’m surprised the bills didn’t stick up for those guy (unless they did and I missed it )

In looking at the little bit of footage, I could see, it seems the players were more rightly concerned with their downed guy and maintaining their poise as opposed to turning it into a brawl ala Denver/Raiders...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The more I see this hit, the more disgusted I am by it, and the 1 game ban (that he's going to challenge) is an insult to the game and the player on the floor.

What makes it worse is you can see him winding up his body to add a little more force behind the hit AND he uses his brace as a weapon at the back of the head and neck area - he really could have caused spinal damage with this sort of hit. I understand that player are on a 'high' while in the game, I love hard hits and big tackles, but this one was just dirty, plain and simply dirty.

If I was Belichick I'd not suit him up for the rest of the season and cut his freakin pay. Gronk has just proved to me that he is in fact a dick head.

Sappy113

Rookie
Smoke some weed? 4 games!!

Assault an opposing player, dishing out a concussion with full intent? 1 game.

What. The. F'ck.

And he's going to fight it? That's even MORE disgusting. Sickening.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
And he's going to fight it? That's even MORE disgusting. Sickening.

Agreed....what basis does he have to dispute the suspension?!? This is horseshit!

The hit was both intentional and reckless, with plenty of supporting video evidence. You're getting off REALLY light with just a one-game suspension, Mongo -- take it like a man.

Sappy113

Rookie
Agreed....what basis does he have to dispute the suspension?!? This is horseshit!

The hit was both intentional and reckless, with plenty of supporting video evidence. You're getting off REALLY light with just a one-game suspension, Mongo -- take it like a man.

The thing is, by fighting it, he's indicating he didn't really do anything wrong. And that perception IS just plain wrong all by itself.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
That fake ass apology of his made me want to puke where he said he shouldn't have done it but they were holding and grabbing me the whole game. Then he says, "what am I suppose to do". It would have been better if he kept his mouth shut and did not say anything about it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
That fake ass apology of his made me want to puke where he said he shouldn't have done it but they were holding and grabbing me the whole game. Then he says, "what am I suppose to do". It would have been better if he kept his mouth shut and did not say anything about it.
Or at least hadn't appealed the one game suspension.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Well the first thing that came to mind when I heard the turd was going to fight it was "must be a big time game next week and they don't want him to miss it". But it's Miami. The Steelers are the following week and if he ends up sitting for that game it could end up costing them home field if they lose and end up with the same record.

Which by the way, is very likely since the rest of the games both of these teams have are a cakewalk. The Steelers have the Ravens but they have an inflated record IMO. That's a 5-7 team that's caught some lucky breaks.

So his dick move could hurt the team because there is a good chance it's for home field advantage.