Rob Boras

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ViennaMax

Rookie
Boras only had a week, but called a very solid game. Much more physical and he did not stop running the football. Overall, it was the best you could hope for and the Lions have a good defense and an excellent defensive coordinator, however, if there is one coach that Jeff Fisher could out coach, it's Jim Caldwell.

its a lot easier to call run plays leading and not down by 14+ points...

lets see what happens on thursday night

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
A slightly above average Qb makes this team a dangerous playoff team.While there would still be problems with the Oline a better Qb adjusts makes the hot read etc.Boras game plan wasn't all bad but a better Qb would have made it look alot better.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
the Oline was still complete shit as usual but Boras seemed to trie his best to minimizes both Keenum and the line's weaknesses. get the ball out fast is literally all you can do and never give up on the run unless in a huge hole and Boras stuck to his guns so props to him.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
The Lions had been tough against the run until they met MR TG. Boras and Keenum did fine...wonder what this season would have been like if...never mind.

rams2050

Starter
Was okay with Cignetti until the BLS -- Big Losing Streak -- began. In all fairness, that coincided with the LOOL -- Loss of Offensiive Linesmen. Still, hopeful that Boras will grow into the job and become, as we say, a DIR -- Diamond in the Rough -- who will be as much in demand someday as Adam Gase. Now, I have to get back to my pot-smoking. :notworthy:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching teams other than just the Rams it's obvious we aren't the only team with OLine issues and don't have A better line than most.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The key to me was the quick passes by Keenum
It wasn't just the quick passes, it was just a bit more intelligence to them. Cigs was stuck in horizontal west coast hell. Opposing defenses stacked the line of scrimmage to stuff Gurley and pounce on the short horizontal patterns. Boras was a little better, he called a couple slants that can quickly gash vertical holes in the defense. He actually called a 14-yard pattern on 3rd-and-11 *gasp yes actually beyond the sticks*. All it takes is to create a little worry about an intermediate completion or a vertical big play to get defenses thinking more and they sit back on their heels just a bit, it opens up the underneath and makes this style of offense click.

Helps to play the Lions, too.
Kinda amazing the Lions are still bad despite having that #1 QB and #1 WR that we all scream about.

A slightly above average Qb makes this team a dangerous playoff team
I'd go even further and say with QB play that was "just slightly better than completely suck ass", this team would have been in the playoffs. Not trying to put it all on Foles the individual, but he was a big part along with the bad/injured line, bad WRs, bad coaching, etc. that all combined to torpedo any sort of QB production and the season.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Britt made up for that one drop with a some ugly but well needed catches
Britt is injured, as usual, and is brutal at times. Cook had a nice 30 something yard play that came back on a flag. Robinson was brutal today. Although, the Lions front can certainly cause problems.
As far as the positives....O line had a few good plays run blocking. Keenum got the ball out quickly and certainly was better than Foles had been. Gurley is just a big play waiting to happen.
As the pass game progresses, which I think it will to a degree over the last three games, I expect the Rams to cobble together another couple of wins, Tampa and SF. That will put in the Fisher zone of 7-9....shocker.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm happy with the win. And you gotta love Gurley.
But IMO the offense was the same troubled mess that lost the last 4 games. Difference was that they actually had a lead and weren't down 2 scores and needed to pass.
I did think Keenum looked ok. The Britt drop, the called back 1st down throw to Cook were nice plays. The bomb he threw (which was way out of bounds) did show some pretty nice arm strength.
But 100 yards of offense and 0 points in the first half is just not acceptable.
Let's hope they build off the 2nd half on Thursday!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching teams other than just the Rams it's obvious we aren't the only team with OLine issues and don't have A better line than most.
Damn auto correct and I can't edit it. I meant to say we have a better line than a lot of teams out there, especially when you factor in injuries.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm still wanting to see Mannion. The dude won the accuracy contest at Mannings camp, and he can get the ball out quickly. He needs a pocket though. I may be in the minority, but I think we have our future at QB. Give him a solid line and a weapon or two and roll with it. Imagine if we had at top 15 line and an outside threat at WR...Gurley might (probably would) have led the league in yards.

FRO

Legend
I'm happy with the win. And you gotta love Gurley.
But IMO the offense was the same troubled mess that lost the last 4 games. Difference was that they actually had a lead and weren't down 2 scores and needed to pass.
I did think Keenum looked ok. The Britt drop, the called back 1st down throw to Cook were nice plays. The bomb he threw (which was way out of bounds) did show some pretty nice arm strength.
But 100 yards of offense and 0 points in the first half is just not acceptable.
Let's hope they build off the 2nd half on Thursday!
Finally some sanity. I know we are happy about the win, but Boras and Keenum aren't the answers going forward. Had it not been for Gurley we don't score an offensive TD. Him getting running room made all the difference.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
All it takes is to create a little worry about an intermediate completion or a vertical big play to get defenses thinking more and they sit back on their heels just a bit, it opens up the underneath and makes this style of offense click.
Seemed to loosen them up for the runs too.... Throwing downfield, even incomplete helps an offense... The threat of the deep pass....Agreed on all points...:yess:

The side to side stuff made me laugh...think of pop warner.... LOL:rolllaugh:

I may be in the minority, but I think we have our future at QB.
I sure would like to see...And I think he definitely can do what Keenum did yesterday....Especially with the deeper throws....

I still see guys saying G-Rob sucked yesterday....Yet he was on Ziggy Ansah all game, and the dudes name was called once....Ziggy's....I think G-Rob had that one chop block....I thought the line played ok....Don't know what most of you guys expect? No QB hits, 0 QB hurries, and 5 seconds to throw...o_O:palm:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still see guys saying G-Rob sucked yesterday....Yet he was on Ziggy Ansah all game, and the dudes name was called once....Ziggy's....I think G-Rob had that one chop block....I thought the line played ok....Don't know what most of you guys expect? No QB hits, 0 QB hurries, and 5 seconds to throw...o_O:palm:
He didn't have his worst game yesterday, that's for sure. Pass blocking was still meh, but that was a heavy hitter he was going up against. I thought he did much, much better in run blocking too. And lol at that chop block and the reaction it got in the gameday thread. It's not like he decided to do that on his own. That was a called play, but he threw it a little late. I wouldn't ask him to do that much more, because he's not nimble enough to execute that before the lineman gets engaged.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I am more than willing to give Keenum more than one and half games to get into a groove. That said i really want to see Mannion play as i don't think that he will advance sitting on the bench, and if we don't find out if he can play Fisher will be forced into another draft day mistake.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Boras basically did what he was told he better do, run the damn ball, 29 rushes to 22 pass attempts, IMHO. Nothing special. Keeping in mind we needed a pick 6 score to get ahead and win and were on the verge of being tied in the 4th quarter. At no point in that game did I feel like the Rams had control or the offense was reliable. All things considered, he did a decent job not losing the game. C+

What I didn't like:

• He still only called Gurley and Austin 23 touches combined and I find that to still be low.
  • Once again they threw deep to TA, once again he was painted by the defender, once again it failed.
  • As much as I want TA with the ball more than a lousy 7 touches, 2nd and 24 run up the middle isn't one of those times.
  • One pass to Gurley on the very first play of the game for 7 yards and none the rest of the game. WTH?

Keenum played pretty good. Fast release, pretty accurate short and mid, zip on the ball that Foles never had. Without some dropped 1st downs, the stat lines could have change dramatically. He also moved much better than Foles. I can't say he's any better than Foles, but he's a better fit for this offense.

Gurley didn't have holes and he still produced! He had better seams but each of his long plays he had to shake or jump a tackle at the line. All he needs is some o-line play and he will rocket to #1 and stay there! His 1st half was abysmal which is why you can't go away from him in the second half like Cigi did.

Marquez and Welker should be targeted half the passes. Fast releases to sure hands. It's really all we have at this point.

How many punt return TDs for TA called back now? 8? 10? Man, that's so freaking sad. How can the ST be that stupid every damned time? He DOESN'T NEED your illegal block, just get in the way and let him do his damned thing. If I recall, that one was for the Rams record which makes it even worse since he should have had that record in his pocket long ago.

Also, TA is touching the ball less than 1 more time a game than last season. I really wish talking heads and fans would stop saying they are getting him more involved. They aren't. 9.2 YPC and they still can't get it through their heads.

I'll tell you what I'd do Mr. Boras, in the 1st half, heavier running for TA, at least 8-10 runs, and short fast passes to Marquez, Gurley, TA, and Welker complemented with just 1/3 of Gurley's runs. Then release the beast in the second half. Screw the score. Use what we have when it works best. TA is far better than TG when there is penetration and that tends to be earlier when they are fresh. Then ground and pound.

Last edited: