River's Post Pre-Season game two final 53 Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Forrest beats out Chubb and I don't see Troy Hill getting past waivers, he's looked very good, in fact, I would like to see Hill start with the ones and have Joyner or Sensabaugh take a seat.

Well, ... I hated the Joyner draft pick and the Sensabaugh free agency pick, but I don't think Fisher/Snead are ready to declare defeat just yet. We overpaid for Sensabaugh and are kinda stuck with him because of guaranteed money. Joyner just doesn't seem to fit anywhere, kinda wish we could trade him. Hill would be a great keep, I just don't know where to cut from to make it a logical outcome. Pre-season games 3 and 4 hopefully makes choosing easier, although it's just as likely to be tougher. jmo.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Believe me, this was the toughest Rams cut down to 53 i've faced in many years at this point of a pre-season. My only hope is that as we lose a couple former stand-out special teams players, that some of the newer guys step up. There's likely to be a change or two prior to our meeting San Francisco in a few weeks.
That's a good thing because top to bottom the roster is getting better. (with perhaps the exception of the WR corps)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sensabaugh makes the team because he was overpaid and comes with a big guaranteed contract this season. I believe his guarantee even extends into 2017 with an additional $1.mil. jmo.
FYI it's a three year deal if he's cut this year next year we take a $2 million cap hit and nothing for 2018.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like what I see with Troy Hill. Anxious to see more.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Forrest beats out Chubb and I don't see Troy Hill getting past waivers, he's looked very good, in fact, I would like to see Hill start with the ones and have Joyner or Sensabaugh take a seat.
Sounds like a good plan to me!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ethan Westbrooks DE- Why do you have him PUP? He is uninjured @ the moment.So you will have to decide on who you will release from your 9 player DL cadre because there no way Ethan Westbrooks will be released. I would look long & hard @ releasing Coples over Longacre or Seau myself.

Justice Cunningham TE- He has 3 past season where he has been on the practice squad. Two seasons where he was on the active 53 player roster with 5 games in 2014 & 4 games with 2 dressed under his belt. Since a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons if the Rams want to keep Justice then he must make the 53 player roster. I love his blocking he may be the best run blocker on the team even better than Harkey.

Troy Hill CB a first yr DB has been very solid @ CB & playing the Nickle TC & in the 2 pre season games. I agree with you on Coty performance but I would keep Hill as my solid 5th corner right now over Coty. Hill is legit. In two pre season games Hill has outplayed all but two corners(Gaines/Johnson). I truly believe we will keep 6 of these corners due to many elements.

If our reserves safeties don't get it in gear we might have a major shake up & surprise yet. Don't forget that Lamarcus Joyner & Jabriel Washington can play safety. Plus FS Jordan Lomax played well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ethan Westbrooks DE- Why do you have him PUP? He is uninjured @ the moment.So you will have to decide on who you will release from your 9 player DL cadre because there no way Ethan Westbrooks will be released. I would look long & hard @ releasing Coples over Longacre or Seau myself.

Justice Cunningham TE- He has 3 past season where he has been on the practice squad. Two seasons where he was on the active 53 player roster with 5 games in 2014 & 4 games with 2 dressed under his belt. Since a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons if the Rams want to keep Justice then he must make the 53 player roster. I love his blocking he may be the best run blocker on the team even better than Harkey.

Troy Hill CB a first yr DB has been very solid @ CB & playing the Nickle TC & in the 2 pre season games. I agree with you on Coty performance but I would keep Hill as my solid 5th corner right now over Coty. Hill is legit. In two pre season games Hill has outplayed all but two corners(Gaines/Johnson). I truly believe we will keep 6 of these corners due to many elements.

If our reserves safeties don't get it in gear we might have a major shake up & surprise yet. Don't forget that Lamarcus Joyner & Jabriel Washington can play safety. Plus FS Jordan Lomax played well.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your 53 roster, hope it comes soon.

It has to be someone between Justice and Hemingway, I went with Hem because he can be used as a 6'th WR. This is a very close contest and could easily change, although this is what I do today.

When I started this last night, Westbrooks went out of the game and I had no idea how serious it might be. I'll make an allowance for his return after our 3'rd pre-season game post.

Most everybody is in agreement about Hill, finding room is another thing. Doubtful Joyner & Sensabaugh are going anywhere, but i'd be OK if they did. Again, it's tough cutting to 53 when we have more depth than seen in these parts for years. jmo.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Too soon for me for all of the 53...Seems you're just putting some guys in there on camp reports and not actual game tape....Seau needs to see some action vs some 2's at the least....Thomas, not sure we have room for him...Chubb, Littleton, Lynch, and Forrest are all jammed up....made more difficult by Barron dropping into the LB role...Need to see the whole preseason for these guys too..

Yall already know how I feel about the wr's....not one rookie, besides Pharoh has done enough to replace our vets. Spruce was close but he's hurt. Can't make the club in the tub...you've all heard that, correct?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'll be looking forward to seeing your 53 roster, hope it comes soon..
You are pretty close here Riverumbbq I got to see more of these Ram players to be :sneak: able to be as brave as you here. But if you follow most my posts you can get a real good ideal on where I am at.....but I am sure its much different than Fishers:D.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think they carry 2 QB's given Hekker's ability to play emergency QB if needed. Mannion hasn't played well enough to get poached from PS in my opinion.