Rick Smith: Texans could 'legitimately move' down in draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
freak you Rick Smith. Take some crappy QB and be done with it. We're moving down.

tumblr_lhpkvtgO9c1qzevzd_width_600x.jpeg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Jadeveon Clowney doesn’t believe Houston will pass on him at No. 1
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 7, 2014

jadeveon-clowney.jpg
Getty Images

South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney will likely know by this time tomorrow night which team has selected him the first round of the NFL Draft. However, he already believes he has a pretty good idea of where he’ll be selected Thursday night.

According to Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle, Clowney thinks he’ll be a member of the Houston Texans.

“I don’t think they’re going to pass (on me),” Clowney said of the Texans.

Clowney has long been projected as a potential No. 1 overall selection in the 2014 draft. However, concerns about his work ethic and motor have overshadowed his supreme talent at times during the lengthy lead up to the draft.

Much like Peyton Manning telling the Indianapolis Colts they would regret passing on him with the first pick in the 1998 NFL Draft, Clowney also said he’d be motivated to prove the Texans wrong should they elect to go elsewhere with the top pick.

“If I have to (go) No. 2, I’m going to be upset. I’m going to have to do something about it,” Clowney said.

Regardless, Clowney is likely to be a Top 5 pick, at worst, when the draft finally gets underway at 8 p.m. ET. Thursday night.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm not sure.

When the Rams trade up for Clowney should I go with Hitler videos every day until OTAs or dancing chinese or both?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jadeveon Clowney doesn’t believe Houston will pass on him at No. 1
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 7, 2014

jadeveon-clowney.jpg
Getty Images

South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney will likely know by this time tomorrow night which team has selected him the first round of the NFL Draft. However, he already believes he has a pretty good idea of where he’ll be selected Thursday night.

According to Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle, Clowney thinks he’ll be a member of the Houston Texans.

“I don’t think they’re going to pass (on me),” Clowney said of the Texans.

Clowney has long been projected as a potential No. 1 overall selection in the 2014 draft. However, concerns about his work ethic and motor have overshadowed his supreme talent at times during the lengthy lead up to the draft.

Much like Peyton Manning telling the Indianapolis Colts they would regret passing on him with the first pick in the 1998 NFL Draft, Clowney also said he’d be motivated to prove the Texans wrong should they elect to go elsewhere with the top pick.

“If I have to (go) No. 2, I’m going to be upset. I’m going to have to do something about it,” Clowney said.

Regardless, Clowney is likely to be a Top 5 pick, at worst, when the draft finally gets underway at 8 p.m. ET. Thursday night.
giphy.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
You didn't know he could dance, did you?

1081189_o.gif

I'm the white fat dude dancing with the old lady wishing I was the master of dance G Jefferson.

iced

you think we'll give up picks in this draft to get clowney?

77684-jim-carrey-screaming-gif-Imgur-fcve.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
Here's the thing people:

If the Texans are so stupid as to not take Clowney, Snisher will NOT be so stupid as to not give them some face saving meaningless picks to grab him.

The only downfall is if someone goes all Ditka on us.

RamzFanz

Damnit
okay and when it doesn't?

Nothing. Everyone is off jabbering about Watkins or Mathews and my prediction fades away into the millions of others.

But when it does... I will stand all alone!

iced

Here's the thing people:

If the Texans are so stupid as to not take Clowney, Snisher will NOT be so stupid as to not give them some face saving meaningless picks to grab him.

The only downfall is if someone goes all Ditka on us.

unless we get some great trade offers, and of course depending on who from

RamzFanz

Damnit
unless we get some great trade offers, and of course depending on who from

I bet every Ram dollar I've built up since the end of the season that Clowney goes first.

Texans take him, they trade away because some team wants him, or Rams trade up to get him.

There is no other realistic possibility.

If Houston is so stupid as to not take him, Rams or some team will.

No way Texans pick at one and not take Clowney. No way. Watch.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz forgetting the essentials of life:
Save it for when it happens. Plenty of time for that.
It's NEVER too early to run around screaming and tearing your hair out.
images