Richard Sherman's comments on Deflated Balls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know, I like Richard Sherman... First he called out Skip Bayless now Godell and Kraft! I am a Rams fan through and through but I am quickly accepting Sherman as a boy in m stable lol

Oh and his sideline interview at the pro bowl was awesome. They asked him the same question and he said basically " I guess the NFL is more worried about Marshawn's gold shoes than cheating!" Lol

I'll be the first to say it, I'm a hawk fan for this week
It's easier to pull for the Seahawks this time around but I could still be bitter against the Patriots.

I just don't understand how anyone could root for the Seahawks. They cheated as well and if you ever see them after a game in an interview, all "passionate", it makes you wonder if their whole team is juiced up and that they cant control their anger.
If the Seahawks did cheat, they are much better at it than the Patriots.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
He acts like the Seahawks are not owned by a rich guy that might also be buddy buddy with the commish....

And what Florio said is accurate...you guys act like THE ONLY reason the Patriots won super bowls is because of their alleged cheating. They had great teams with great players and probably would have won 99.9% of those games without the alleged cheating. I don't see anything that they have done as any worse than when refs rule that a WR made a catch and the offense runs to the LOS to try and snap the ball before the other team can challenge....its all trying to get a leg up on the competition and it's all a form of cheating - and at the end of the day it's never the sole reason that your team lost.

If you think Paul Allen might be buddy buddy with Goodell, sorry but you don't know anything about Paul Allen.

I've never seen anyone act like their cheating was the ONLY reason they won but comparing hurrying a play to video taping opponents is just wrong. Cheating is cheating. Sorry but only Patriot fans are calling it "alleged". Even Bill Nye the science guy knows it.... :rolleyes:

http://www.katu.com/sports/Seahawks-Story-14-289490301.html

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's like this.

I certainly won't even TRY to speak for anyone, but myself... but you're not starting out on the right foot with posters like me who put the integrity of the game first.

Why? Because if ANY cheating is involved... and I mean...ANY... the contest becomes INVALID.

Got that? Invalid. Null and void. Cheating can never be tolerated under any circumstances.

Unfortunately, in order to make cheating appear to be "rule infractions", this Corporate Lawyer posing as NFL Commissioner Pro Tem has done more to undermine the integrity of the game than an entire league full of Bill Belichecks.

See, if you believe the mantra, "if you're not cheating, you're not trying", then you are part of the problem. Plain and simple.

Sports is the crucible in which we distill human virtue. The distillate remains are human vice. Cheating ruins the purity of the sport at its core and puts into question why the game is even being played.

I mean, statistical evidence has been put forth that New England as very likely been cheating with underinflated balls since 2007. Not just ONE game, but 112 regular season plus post-season games.

Folks who defend the Patriots use very weak logic surrounding ONE game when as the statistical model indicates, it's very much NOT about ONE game.

So what about all those one possession games? What about all those games where NE didn't turn over the ball and didn't fumble and won by a single possession (meaning 8 points or less)? What about all of THOSE games? Football is a game where one or a few plays can totally change the course of a game.

Rarely will I say "true fans" out of respect, but I will say this... True fans want to see both teams at their best with the game decided by the teams on the field within the bounds of fair play...not by bad calls, not by cheating, not by injuries to star players.

There simply is NO EXCUSE for cheating. Period.

giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Signed it.

If we had an NFL Commissioner rather than a Corporate Lawyer acting as NFL Commissioner Pro Tem, something like this might have actually happened.

In other sports, the specter of cheating comes with immediate bans and forfeiture of all wins.

Apparently, the NFL isn't "other sports".

It's sad that even in Cycling, that bastion of cheating, once proven, they vacate victories.

Do we ask how MUCH faster Lance went under EPO? Did we ask how much faster Jan Ullrich or Levi Leipheimer or Floyd Landis or any of the other cheaters recovered? No. They cheated and they were banned and their victories were VACATED.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Like I said a couple weeks ago - Sherman is the kind of guy who you hate when he's on the other team, but you'd love him on yours.

He's a smart dude. And he's telling the truth.

I never ever thought I'd be saying these words, but I'll be pulling for the Seahawks next Sunday. I absolutely hate the Patriots !! (I know - I still haven't gotten over that Super Bowl)

Yeah, I'm pulling for them too. At least we beat them this year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just don't understand how anyone could root for the Seahawks. They cheated as well and if you ever see them after a game in an interview, all "passionate", it makes you wonder if their whole team is juiced up and that they cant control their anger.

Anyways, what Richard Sherman said is stupid. He acts like the Seahawks are not owned by a rich guy that might also be buddy buddy with the commish....

And what Florio said is accurate...you guys act like THE ONLY reason the Patriots won superbowls is because of their alleged cheating. They had great teams with great players and probably would have won 99.9% of those games without the alleged cheating. I don't see anything that they have done as any worse than when refs rule that a WR made a catch and the offense runs to the LOS to try and snap the ball before the other team can challenge....its all trying to get a leg up on the competition and it's all a form of cheating - and at the end of the day it's never the sole reason that your team lost.
Yeah - you might be on an island here. To say that doing everything you can within the rules of the game is the same as cheating is a bit ridiculous. If the patsies would have won those games without cheating, they should have done just that. Any time you intentionally break the rules to win a game, that game should be questioned. If you are caught repeatedly, there should be real cause for forfeiture of games. There is no way anyone will convince me that the patsies cheating was not worth more than the three points we lost by in the Superbowl. If it wasn't an advantage, why do it? And when Martz comes out and says it was like they had our playbook.... we lost by three? Yeah - I don't think so. IMO no cheating - we win that game - PERIOD.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm really conflicted with him. I think he's an amazing CB but I just hate it when people have to say how great they are all the time. That's why I never liked Muhammad Ali. People get that he's one of the best. That doesn't mean we have to hear it from him all the time. That being said, he's absolutely correct with regards to the conflict of interest with the commissioner.

Yup, I'm with you (sans the Ali thing, wasn't around during his time).

I remember that Monday night game when his shitchickens barely escaped with a win, then Dick Sherman was walking around his field acting like they were so dominant.

I STILL want the Patriots to beat the absolute shit out of them.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - you might be on an island here. To say that doing everything you can within the rules of the game is the same as cheating is a bit ridiculous. If the patsies would have won those games without cheating, they should have done just that. Any time you intentionally break the rules to win a game, that game should be questioned. If you are caught repeatedly, there should be real cause for forfeiture of games. There is no way anyone will convince me that the patsies cheating was not worth more than the three points we lost by in the Superbowl. If it wasn't an advantage, why do it? And when Martz comes out and says it was like they had our playbook.... we lost by three? Yeah - I don't think so. IMO no cheating - we win that game - PERIOD.

That's fine. I'm not in the habit of not taking accountability for my actions, and I expect the same out of my favorite sports teams. The Rams lost that game and could have won it, no matter what the Patriots did. Your opinion is all fine and good, but it doesn't change the fact that Warner threw a pick 6. That Warner threw that ball had nothing to do with us being recorded. The Seahawks got busted for more PED use than several teams combined over the last few years....yet people have more of a complex with alleged cheating by the Patriots?? When has anything they've done been proven and released to the public??

Do I like the Patriots? No, but I'm not going to bash them just because I'm salty about a game that my team didn't show up to play 13 years ago. It's insane to me that anyone would ever want a division rival to win the superbowl...maybe that's just me. I hate the Seahawks every bit as much as the 49ers, and I will never root for either one unless they are playing each other.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's fine. I'm not in the habit of not taking accountability for my actions, and I expect the same out of my favorite sports teams. The Rams lost that game and could have won it, no matter what the Patriots did. Your opinion is all fine and good, but it doesn't change the fact that Warner threw a pick 6. That Warner threw that ball had nothing to do with us being recorded. The Seahawks got busted for more PED use than several teams combined over the last few years....yet people have more of a complex with alleged cheating by the Patriots?? When has anything they've done been proven and released to the public??

Do I like the Patriots? No, but I'm not going to bash them just because I'm salty about a game that my team didn't show up to play 13 years ago. It's insane to me that anyone would ever want a division rival to win the superbowl...maybe that's just me. I hate the Seahawks every bit as much as the 49ers, and I will never root for either one unless they are playing each other.
Fair enough. It's not like I have to agree with you or vice verse. The problem with cheating, and I am by no means giving seaderral a pass, is that an entire game can be effected by what seems like some pretty insignificant plays or defensive stops. By cheating, you put all that into question. And when you cheat AND win by only three points, I think it most definitely calls the results into question. The patsies played a good game against us and every QB in the league has thrown a pick 6 - many if not most of them in some pretty big games. But if you know ahead of time what play is coming out of certain alignments and motions, you just can't know if they would have been able to hold the #1 offense in the league to a 50 yard FG through 3 quarters. Personally, I highly doubt it. One score out of those initial series' and that Superbowl is a completely different game. One IMO - we would have won. The problem is that we can't know but what most of the league seems to know is that the patsies cheated and that is what will always stick in my craw with that team.

As far as cheering for a division rival, I probably couldn't get myself to actually cheer for the Whiners, Shecocks, or Tards but it would at least reflect better on the Rams that those teams came out of our division and did well. In that respect, I'd rather see the idiots from up north of me win the game than a team that I consider dirty and cheated my team out of a Superbowl.

Last edited:

rams2050

Starter
Signed it. Now more than 39,000 signatures. I wonder why they're only going for (I think) 50,000. I think they could get way more than that. . .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
you guys act like THE ONLY reason the Patriots won superbowls is because of their alleged cheating.
No, the only reason they beat that 2002 team was because of cheating...they had knowledge of plays NEVER USED B4....a clear unfair advantage...and I'll always believe that...effin cheaters....sorry bro, old wounds got opened...I lost REAL $$$$ on that game...

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I don't get this "bulletin board material" stuff. This is the biggest game of the year. If you are not "fired up", you are in the wrong line of work! I will exclude that OLineman in Oakland that went down to TJ, he snapped like a rubber band.

If the game is officiated properly, and the Cheats are "fired up", they might well dig themselves a big hole with penalties.

Having said that I have no doubt that they won't. When the Commish and an owner of a team are BFF's, you can kind of see the writing on the wall. A rogue ball boy made those scumbags cheat. LOL. This might be the game that the B@B team wins and they are allowed to walk off into the sunset without being exposed for what they are. Sort of like Robert Wagner, or OJ Simpson.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Got to play the ball as it lies! Cheating demeans the entire sport and proves nothing! Signed it, btw!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Your opinion is all fine and good, but it doesn't change the fact that Warner threw a pick 6. That Warner threw that ball had nothing to do with us being recorded.

Imo, yes it does. If they know the plays we are running they can put defenders in position to make plays and counter it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
To refer to that joke of a punishment as "hammered" would be like a user here being banned for half an hour at 4 AM some random night.