Rice reinstated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Again, the CBA decided the suspension, Rice can only do what they told him to do. He wasn't really "going along" with anything, he was serving the sentence dictated by the operating agreement that governs the players.

The NFLPA pushes as hard as possible for the lowest/softest penalties so that their members lose less money by being suspended as little as they can negotiate.
It was his decision to start an appeal the second the suspension wasn't just two games. That sounds a lot like him going along with the slap on the wrist to me.

That immediate appeal is what really screams to me more sorry he got caught than he was that he did it.

Now maybe I'm wrong and he'll be a model citizen from here on in and just as effective as ever with whatever team he goes to, and he and his wife will have a long happy marriage. In any event, it won't be for the Rams since we're pretty set at RB, so...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It was his decision to start an appeal the second the suspension wasn't just two games. That sounds a lot like him going along with the slap on the wrist to me.

That immediate appeal is what really screams to me more sorry he got caught than he was that he did it.

Now maybe I'm wrong and he'll be a model citizen from here on in and just as effective as ever with whatever team he goes to, and he and his wife will have a long happy marriage. In any event, it won't be for the Rams since we're pretty set at RB, so...

Appeals aren't always wrong, and in this case time served is WAY beyond what the CBA called for, so I have no issue with it. His appeal came 10 weeks into the season. He has the right to do that and I have no problem with him exercising that right. A lot of money is at stake here and what he did is something other players have done and they have not had to go through the shit he has and only had to serve a two game suspension.

The second suspension was part of the issue and is why he appealed, Goodell went against the CBA because of the huge public backlash and manufactured outrage. Not a moment, not a single moment, has ever spent on other players who did the same thing..........the video was the difference and outraged people and the media whipped everyone into a frenzy. Without that we wouldn't even be having this conversation. I just read an article that says 80 players have been arrested in the last 15 years and I bet none of us could name more than three and we have been spotted Rice and Aldon!!!

An example would be if a player failed a second drug test and the CBA calls for a 4 game suspension and Goodell decided to suspend him indefinitely because a video surfaced of the player smoking weed. The suspension is what it is and he doesn't have the right to change it. Rice was correct to appeal IMO.

This is a sensitive topic, and there is no way to have a conversation about it without talking about how the NFL has never really punished players harshly for it until Rice.

I'm sad for both he and Janay. They shouldn't have to listen to the public and the media dissect this. It's wrong.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
This is a sensitive topic, and there is no way to have a conversation about it without talking about how the NFL has never really punished players harshly for it until Rice.
This is absolutely the key I think.

I agree with you that in comparison with other players who did the same thing, Rice was treated unfairly.

I still feel the NFL and NFLPA set themselves up for the situation by having such a lenient penalty for domestic abuse in the first place.

RamPower44

UDFA
Name
Marco
Probably not, we've got good running backs. Why waste money signing a big name when we have other glaring positions of need.

I agree with Hometown Boy. Rice game was in decline and plus no way Rams want that headache.