Rex Grossman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm on board for Austin Davis to be our number 2. But I definitely understand the reasoning of having a veteran QB behind Hill. I haven't seen Rex named mention a lot but with the style of offense play action passes and running the ball, I think he could be a good fit. He played in the Super Bowl he is a veteran and he has a strong arm and is not afraid to let Britt or Quick go up and get it.If the Rams brain trust do go out and get a veteran QB he would be my choice.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kind of hoping Cleveland cuts Connor Shaw. As much as he drove me crazy at SC, I'd rather have him than Austin Davis tbqh.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm kind of hoping Cleveland cuts Connor Shaw. As much as he drove me crazy at SC, I'd rather have him than Austin Davis tbqh.

I know a lot of Cleveland fans has been saying he has actually been their best QB in the preseason. But I worry about picking up another young passer that doesn't know our system or have any connection with our receivers. In that sense Austin Davis is the only young QB I want because he is familiar with the system and the wrs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know a lot of Cleveland fans has been saying he has actually been their best QB in the preseason. But I worry about picking up another young passer that doesn't know our system or have any connection with our receivers. In that sense Austin Davis is the only young QB I want because he is familiar with the system and the wrs

I'd rather take a shot on someone with upside, jmo.

I'd take Orton over Grossman

I think Orton is still weighing retirement. But I agree.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather take a shot on someone with upside, jmo.

I think Orton is still weighing retirement. But I agree.

I just don't think Fisher and Co are giving up on the season. Do Connor shaw or any other young QB give you a better chance to win than Austin Davis if he had to play. I don't think so. Upside and potential is good if you are giving up on the season just don't think that Fisher is giving up

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It is relevant, because it shows experience, isn't that what everyone is saying we need behind Shaun Hill "experience". The guy has been a starter in the league and played in the Super Bowl if we did pick up another QB it will be a veteran not another young guy.

I just don't think Fisher and Co are giving up on the season. Do Connor shaw or any other young QB give you a better chance to win than Austin Davis if he had to play. I don't think so. Upside and potential is good if you are giving up on the season just don't think that Fisher is giving up

BTW.. Austin is not that old at 25..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes. I've seen Austin Davis play and if he's on the field, we're in for a world of hurt. That's exactly what I mean by someone with more upside. A player that actually offers the ability to possibly be a quality backup...rather than a camp arm that knows the system.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW.. Austin is not that old at 25..

I understand that but in my scenario he is your number 3. It's pretty much certain that the Rams will find a veteran QB to be the #2. And IMO Austin Davis as your 3rd QB is not a bad thing

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. I've seen Austin Davis play and if he's on the field, we're in for a world of hurt. That's exactly what I mean by someone with more upside. A player that actually offers the ability to possibly be a quality backup...rather than a camp arm that knows the system.

And how much of Connor Shaw have you seen. I rather have a backup that knows the system and knows the receivers. Connor Shaw has looked ok but again Davis has looked better. Austin Davis has an arm can make all the throws in the book. He needs more work but so does every young arm in the Nfl.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how much of Connor Shaw have you seen. I rather have a backup that knows the system and knows the receivers. Connor Shaw has looked ok but again Davis has looked better. Austin Davis has an arm can make all the throws in the book. He needs more work but so does every young arm in the Nfl.

Every single game he played in college as well as all his throws in the preseason. He's not a future star or anything special but he has more upside than Davis.

Davis is a 3rd year pro that hasn't shown improvement since his promising preseason as a rookie. He still can't even consistently deliver the ball to OPEN WRs. Not to mention his marginal arm strength and tendency to panic under pressure. The fact that he knows the system and WRs as you said and still doesn't look good is what makes me want to move away from him.

Davis hasn't looked better. Davis hasn't even looked good imo. If we hadn't lost Bradford, Davis wouldn't make the team. We can do better than him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every single game he played in college as well as all his throws in the preseason. He's not a future star or anything special but he has more upside than Davis.

Davis is a 3rd year pro that hasn't shown improvement since his promising preseason as a rookie. He still can't even consistently deliver the ball to OPEN WRs. Not to mention his marginal arm strength and tendency to panic under pressure. The fact that he knows the system and WRs as you said and still doesn't look good is what makes me want to move away from him.

Davis hasn't looked better. Davis hasn't even looked good imo. If we hadn't lost Bradford, Davis wouldn't make the team. We can do better than him.

Everything you are saying is the exact opposite of what Marshall and Snead stated during the game. He hasn't shown not once other than the first preseason game when he had no protection, to panic in the pocket. He keeps his eyes down field to make throws. He missed a couple throws today but that's nitpicking what about the throw to Bailey on the rollout for a first down or the throw to givens on another third down pass or the bullet to Pettis between two defenders for a touchdown. It seems to me that you already made up your mind on him and so you don't watch him play or you only see what you want too

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everything you are saying is the exact opposite of what Marshall and Snead stated during the game. He hasn't shown not once other than the first preseason game when he had no protection, to panic in the pocket. He keeps his eyes down field to make throws.

I saw him do it multiple times during the game. He has a reflex where he ducks when he feels the pass rush coming.

He missed a couple throws today but that's nitpicking what about the throw to Bailey on the rollout for a first down or the throw to givens on another third down pass or the bullet to Pettis between two defenders for a touchdown.

What about it? The guy is a NFL QB. I'm more bothered by a pass he throws into the dirt short of an open WR than routine completions he makes.

It seems to me that you already made up your mind on him and so you don't watch him play or you only see what you want too

Well, you're wrong. I used to be a huge Austin Davis fan. I'm simply judging him by his play.

I do watch him play and I see everything he does out there. And I think the bad outweighs the good. He doesn't consistently make routine plays. And the guy certainly isn't going out there and making spectacular plays to make up for it.

Lets be frank here, if it were Johnny Manziel playing like Davis has been, all of us would be criticizing the guy.(while the media would likely be slobbering all over him)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I'm not really sure what grossman did I the season playoffs or the Super Bowl would be called good