Rex Grossman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tweed335

UDFA
well I think it's pretty damned hard :LOL:

Whatevs!! You have no clue..haha

But, you're right. Orton is not a 'winner', so to speak, don't know him but seems cool. He has won, and perhaps for our purposes he would win some more, but like all the other vet names floated around here, he would only suffice for a short term answer.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm kind of hoping Cleveland cuts Connor Shaw. As much as he drove me crazy at SC, I'd rather have him than Austin Davis tbqh.

After last night they won't cut him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO the Rams could add a veteran (although I am not sure who) keep Davis as the third and sign Gilbert to the PS...Gilbert would clear waivers IMHO. Now keep in mind that Snead did say last night that Davis has proven himself and would be the number two, however, I do understand GM speak.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The Rams may go into week 1 with only 2 QB's (Hill and Davis) and then add a veteran after that when their contract is no longer guaranteed.

Grossman actually seems like a decent vet option when you considers who else is out there.
I would not be comfortable with Davis as the # 2 QB throughout the season (a #3 maybe).

Gilbert has displayed the physical tools play in this league and has more upside than Davis by a long shot but he is not ready to be thrust into a regular season game. I wonder if the Rams limited his exposure in the preseason somewhat so they could have a better chance of stashing him on the PS.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams may go into week 1 with only 2 QB's (Hill and Davis) and then add a veteran after that when their contract is no longer guaranteed.

Grossman actually seems like a decent vet option when you considers who else is out there.
I would not be comfortable with Davis as the # 2 QB throughout the season (a #3 maybe).

Gilbert has displayed the physical tools play in this league and has more upside than Davis by a long shot but he is not ready to be thrust into a regular season game. I wonder if the Rams limited his exposure in the preseason somewhat so they could have a better chance of stashing him on the PS.

Exactly how I feel. I think Davis is the insurance plan for the insurance plan. That's why he got so much work with our 1st team offense. Fish and co wanted to see how he looked with the 1st team offense. I think he can be serviceable as long as the defense plays good and the running game is going.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Well, he'd certainly please the go deep crowd, he loves it, even if it costs him, lets say... The Super Bowl.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Davis played fair well last night.
I'm starting to get more comfortable with the thought of him as the #2 guy. As an occasional fill in of course.

I really would've liked to have seen get some reps with the 1's last night.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Maybe the Raiders will cut D. CARR.
They are the Raiders after all.