Report: Steven Jackson wants a new contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
WOW!! This is all a bunch of fucking nonsense. Oops. Sorry to those with sensitive ears. I didn't mean to say "fucking nonsense". I meant to say fucking bullshit!! Steven Jackson is going nowhere. He's a Ram. Will always be a Ram. And he will go into the Hall as a Ram!

(wow, man. This Tahoe OG is some mighty fine doobage!!)

GO RAMS!!!!

Speeps

Starter
I have a hard time believing there is anything to this rumor. This rumor completely contradicts everything that has been going on the last few days.

"Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network and NFL.com is saying that Rams RB Steven Jackson is unhappy with his contract and wants a new deal. I ran this past the spies at Rams Park, and this is what I was told: if SJ39 is upset with his contract, no one has informed Rams executives or coaches. The Rams have heard nothing from Jackson or his agent, Eugene Parker, about the RB's contract situation." - St.Louis Post Dispatch

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Speeps said:
I have a hard time believing there is anything to this rumor. This rumor completely contradicts everything that has been going on the last few days.

"Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network and NFL.com is saying that Rams RB Steven Jackson is unhappy with his contract and wants a new deal. I ran this past the spies at Rams Park, and this is what I was told: if SJ39 is upset with his contract, no one has informed Rams executives or coaches. The Rams have heard nothing from Jackson or his agent, Eugene Parker, about the RB's contract situation." - St.Louis Post Dispatch

Kinda what I thought. Just some misinformation.

Wouldnt be surprised if it originated from somewhere in Minnesota. Their FO has done a fantastic job stirring up intrigue over the 3rd pick. Trying to drum up some trade proposals. If other teams think we are going to try and move up to snag TRich it gives them some leverage.

Speeps

Starter
libertadrocks said:
Speeps said:

Wouldnt be surprised if it originated from somewhere in Minnesota. Their FO has done a fantastic job stirring up intrigue over the 3rd pick. Trying to drum up some trade proposals. If other teams think we are going to try and move up to snag TRich it gives them some leverage.
The Vikings are being smart. Everyone thinks they will take Kalil (Which they will), but they are trying to get as much teams interested in moving up because they know if they don't take Kalil, he will fall.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
If #39 gets in the Hall, it would most likely be as a Ram. But IF we were to trade him and #6 to Cleveland for their #4 and take TR, we'd be saving some serious cap $. Also, how many times has NE traded a great player a year early instead of a year too late? Remember the readings of our new owner? This move could /would allow the team to become competetive more quickly, agreed?

With that, I'D HATE TO SEE STEVEN GO. He's been (and still is) fun to see bust it in the open field after plowing over some LB / DB. Reminds me of Dickerson when he's in the open field (except for the choppy leg motion when compared to 29's gallop.)

We'll see if it's smoke. :bign:

had

Rookie
I like Jackson. And he's been an outstanding captain for the Rams these last atrocious years. I completely understand if guys would be upset if he was traded. And of course, given my qualifying statements, I think the Rams should trade Jackson in a hot minute if they can get good value. Jackson should probably have been traded 2 years ago, to maximize his value. Think about it -- how many games is Jackson going to win for the Rams? 1? Maybe 2? (please don't someone say RBs don't win games, teams do) Jackson is, in my opinion, very good but not great, isn't a huge difference maker in terms of wins, and should be traded ASAP so that this team can complete its rebuild.

Oder?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
libertadrocks said:
Speeps said:

Why would Lombardi put this story out if he knew it originated in Minn?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
libertadrocks said:
Speeps said:

For the media, doesn't matter where it came from. It's juice. The rationale at this time of the year is that there is no difference between rumor and news, and if one guy decides he's not going to report a rumor, someone else is, so why not be the guy reporting it?

steferfootball

Starter
Ram Quixote said:
interference said:
libertadrocks said:
Speeps said:

For the media, doesn't matter where it came from. It's juice. The rationale at this time of the year is that there is no difference between rumor and news, and if one guy decides he's not going to report a rumor, someone else is, so why not be the guy reporting it?
About the quote from the post dispatch: I think it is in the Rams best interest to make teams think they are happy with their franchise back. Specifically if they are interested in Richardson. Jus' sayin. ;)

I'm not saying there is truth to it (who actually knows what in the world is going on at this point of the year?), I'm jus' sayin.

Anonymous

interference said:

@Bischoff88was their ever confirmation on the SJ39 [trade shopping] rumors?

@jimiramsboy: local guys all say no

@jimiramsboy: Balzer told me that guys like Lombarfdi are under pressure to break stories not back and prove stories...never fact checked

@jimiramsboy: after checking all morning it seems agent driven and not his agent

@jimiramsboy: Lombardi's story almost certainly comes from an agent and the agent in question isn't necessarily #sj39's. None of the national stories...are citing any kind of source or quotes. They all trace back to Lombardi's initial story as being fact

@jimiramsboy: Final add on to #sj39 story the rumor greatly benefits TR's draft stock which can benefit his dollars. Maybe the source maybe not?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
zn said:
interference said:

@Bischoff88was their ever confirmation on the SJ39 [trade shopping] rumors?

@jimiramsboy: local guys all say no

@jimiramsboy: Balzer told me that guys like Lombarfdi are under pressure to break stories not back and prove stories...never fact checked

@jimiramsboy: after checking all morning it seems agent driven and not his agent

@jimiramsboy: Lombardi's story almost certainly comes from an agent and the agent in question isn't necessarily #sj39's. None of the national stories...are citing any kind of source or quotes. They all trace back to Lombardi's initial story as being fact

@jimiramsboy: Final add on to #sj39 story the rumor greatly benefits TR's draft stock which can benefit his dollars. Maybe the source maybe not?
Ah, very good insights there. Thanks for this, clears-up how this stuff is getting out there and why.

What a racket covering-the-draft has become, eh?