Report: Steven Jackson wants a new contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RB - Steven Jackson

S-Jax has base salaries of $7 million in 2012 and 2013. "The problem with Steven Jackson is he wants to redo his contract," Lombardi said. "He's not happy where he is. ... I would suspect that the Rams would (draft) the running back as quickly as they could." He was referring to Trent Richardson. Lombardi indicates that the Vikings are trying to bait the Rams to trade up to No. 3 to get Richardson. S-Jax, meanwhile, looks like a candidate to be traded on draft weekend.

===============================================================================

While on Bill Simmons' "B.S. Report," Lombardi said Jackson wants to redo his contract with the Rams and is not happy with his current situation. Lombardi went on to say he expects the Rams to draft Alabama running back Trent Richardson as "quickly as they could."

[mp3]http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2889/15637/953289/bsreport_2012-04-23-151429-6701-0-0-0.48.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=0f033e22147bfdb753b16d24939ac947[/mp3]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
When the hell did this come up???

If he is traded...hope he's a Steeler, for obvious reasons. But hope a Ram!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Where do they come up with these stories. Must have been a slow news day.
If it happens I don't see a contract redo in the way portrayed.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Wasn't it 7-10 days ago that Jackson was okay with the Rams drafting TR?

IMO, the media has been badgering him since then, trying to stir up shit. I don't see any direct quotes from Jackson, so I call BS until such time.

Speeps

Starter
Media must be bored. SJ39 just finished touring ESPN where he did his "happy to be a Ram" spiel. Few days after he had a press conference after the Rams minicamp, where he did his "happy to be a Ram" spiel. What in the world changed in the last 6 days?

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'm not going to say how I feel, one way or the other.

All I will say, however, is that I trust Jackson's words about he feels over a reporter's.

superfan24

Starter
What the hell is this bullshit. Bunch of media creating shit once again. I don't believe a damn word of it.
I expect SJ to lead us to a Super Bowl in the next 4 years!!!!!!

steferfootball

Starter
superfan24 said:
What the hell is this BS. Bunch of media creating shyte once again. I don't believe a damn word of it.
Well he was on the BS report. :razzed:

Anywho, I hope there is no meat to this. Jackson has only got a good year or two left in the tank, but I hope they are in horns.

superfan24

Starter
steferfootball said:
superfan24 said:
What the hell is this BS. Bunch of media creating shyte once again. I don't believe a damn word of it.
Well he was on the BS report. :razzed:

Anywho, I hope there is no meat to this. Jackson has only got a good year or two left in the tank, but I hope they are in horns.

:rofl: I needed that laugh on this thread.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If there's any truth to this at all, I'll be severely disappointed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just saw a piece about it on the NFL Network. Very short and no details as to who said what. Personally, I'm not buying it. I'll wait until someone has the balls to quote what he actually said.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ugh....

Just get to the damn draft already.

We won't have to hear this made up bull after its over.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
QuantumOfSalas said:
Ugh....

Just get to the damn draft already.

We won't have to hear this made up bull after its over.

Yup.

Lesson said:

All I will say, however, is that I trust Jackson's words about he feels over a reporter's.
REMEMBER THIS IS A ''BUSINESS''IT DON`T MATTER SJ THINKS OR ''FEELS'' HE`S PAST HIS PRIME ANYWAY I MISS A ''MARSHALL FAULK'' TYPE BACK ANYWAY WITH ''TOP END'' SPEED AND CAN CATCH ''!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
AIRWARNER13 said:
Lesson said:

REMEMBER THIS IS A ''BUSINESS''IT DON`T MATTER SJ THINKS OR ''FEELS'' HE`S PAST HIS PRIME ANYWAY I MISS A ''MARSHALL FAULK'' TYPE BACK ANYWAY WITH ''TOP END'' SPEED AND CAN CATCH ''!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

Well, if he's past his prime, he's still a TOP 10 back in the NFL. Sometimes, even in business, you ought to do the RIGHT damn thing. Not that that means the Rams aren't by the way. And I haven't seen any machine shitting out Marshall Faulk clones lately. We can probably let this one lay like the turd that it is and it will dry up and blow away if given the chance.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:
AIRWARNER13 said:
Lesson said:

Well, if he's past his prime, he's still a TOP 10 back in the NFL. Sometimes, even in business, you ought to do the RIGHT damn thing. Not that that means the Rams aren't by the way. And I haven't seen any machine shitting out Marshall Faulk clones lately. We can probably let this one lay like the turd that it is and it will dry up and blow away if given the chance.
Truth.

I don't think there's anything to this rumor anyway. sounds like this is all jason la canfora's concoction to me. steven jackson hasn't said anything remotely like this lately, and he's coming fresh off an espn world tour.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hmmmm... A Marshal Faulk Hall of Fame type back. Sure would love that - sign me up. Being that there aren't any out there and that the RB we DO have is coming off yet another 1000+ yard season on an offense that just about led the league in futility everywhere else, I'd say we may just want to keep him. I dunno, maybe it's just me but that doesn't seem to be an easily replaced talent. A RB with 7 straight 1000 yard seasons on a team that has probably had the most pathetic passing game in the NFL for most of those years - yeah - those grow on trees.

Sorry but we don't just owe the man for warring and rarely saying a cross word about this franchise. We owe our TEAM in keeping a vital piece of our offense that would be difficult (at best) to replace.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
RamFan503 said:
Hmmmm... A Marshal Faulk Hall of Fame type back. Sure would love that - sign me up. Being that there aren't any out there and that the RB we DO have is coming off yet another 1000+ yard season on an offense that just about led the league in futility everywhere else, I'd say we may just want to keep him. I dunno, maybe it's just me but that doesn't seem to be an easily replaced talent. A RB with 7 straight 1000 yard seasons on a team that has probably had the most pathetic passing game in the NFL for most of those years - yeah - those grow on trees.

Sorry but we don't just owe the man for warring and rarely saying a cross word about this franchise. We owe our TEAM in keeping a vital piece of our offense that would be difficult (at best) to replace.

Don't forget that Jackson is the team captain. He's a true leader in the locker room, and the young players on the team respect him a lot. One cannot simply replace a Hall-of-Fame-caliber running back who is also the team captain. The Chargers have been trying to do that since Tomlinson left, and they haven't succeeded.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:

Don't forget that Jackson is the team captain. He's a true leader in the locker room, and the young players on the team respect him a lot. One cannot simply replace a Hall-of-Fame-caliber running back who is also the team captain. The Chargers have been trying to do that since Tomlinson left, and they haven't succeeded.

All true.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Looks to me like SJ's Agent suggested that he become proactive in order to try and gain some business leverage in case the Rams FO is seriously considering Richardson. So, could just be SJ's Agent floating the story in the media to signal that his client is preparing for the business-side of what might come-down on draft day.

I love SJ, but I do wonder what the Rams could get for him in a trade during the Draft. From a biz perspective, it could turn out to be an excellent move by the Rams' FO. But, as a fan, I'd hate to see SJ in other colors.