CELEBRATE !! REPORT: Josh McDaniels Top Target for LA Rams HC gig

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
woman-picks-butt-o.gif

This is why i need to wash my hands before i eat after shaking hands with strangers.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Btw, I'm done reading any articles about the Rams next coach until they actually sign a new coach.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That was almost as bad as reading one of those Jake dudes "articles". Complete garbage. Not one thing in there to be believed or remembered.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
[The Rams] want to make a huge splash with a big name, but around the league there is a lot of skepticism they can lure one. The reason is Jared Goff. There's tremendous doubt about just how good he is. The thinking goes that the Rams will find it nearly impossible to get the big name they want because whoever goes there will have his wagon hitched to a player who just might stink.

What an irresponsible thing to write.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Freeman_(columnist)

In January 2004, Freeman resigned before starting a columnist job at The Indianapolis Star after he was discovered lying about his education, specifically falsely claiming a college degree.

Freeman's columns have included accusations of racism and sexism against his colleagues in the New York press. He was unsuccessfully sued for libel by golfer John Daly, with a circuit judge ruling that "Freeman's statements were either true or constitutionally protected opinion".

https://www.change.org/p/bleacher-report-fire-mike-freeman-2

Fire Mike Freeman

As most users of Bleacher Report have by now figured out, Mike Freeman is one of if not the most opinionated, inconsiderate, and worst writers on Bleacher Report. More specifically, he should be fired for the following reasons:

• He sometimes feels the need to take away our freedom of speech by closing the comments, blocking us off from sharing our thoughts on the matter that he has written about.
  • Even when he does leave the comments section open, he doesn't pay attention to them.
  • He constantly writes about the "evil" men in the NFL such as Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and anyone who defends them in a bad light, only giving one side of the story.
  • This is made even worse by the fact that he forged documents just to get into the writing business, yet he was given a second chance. In spite of this, he destroys other groups when they give someone else a second chance.
  • The only reason Bleacher Report keeps him is because he generates revenue by getting people to click on his knee-jerk and buzzy articles, which are almost always at a quality less than what I or many other people with high school educations could write.
I, and many others, think that Mike Freeman should not be employed by Bleacher Report for these and many other reasons. This petition will help tell Bleacher Report that we will no longer stand for Freeman's unnecessary and slanted rants and perhaps get them to consider firing him for the good of their website.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We are going to end up giving this kid the Bradford treatment, crappy receivers, bad O-line, and a new OC every year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was almost as bad as reading one of those Jake dudes "articles". Complete garbage. Not one thing in there to be believed or remembered.

What an asshole thing to say.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think it's gonna be McDaniels and Caserio. Barring a rockstar like Harbaugh saying yes of course.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What an icehole thing to say.
Thanks.... Wait... What? I'm OK with what I said.
Please feel free to write 2000 words about how everyone's opinion on basically every is wrong if it doesn't match yours. I know you will.

Those horrible articles, with no true source or original material are the bane of what I personally visit ROD for. I respect the intelligent regulars posters of this forum 10x more than the new "authors of the obvious". Have a nice day.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks.... Wait... What? I'm OK with what I said.
Please feel free to write 2000 words about how everyone's opinion on basically every is wrong if it doesn't match yours. I know you will.

Those horrible articles, with no true source or original material are the bane of what I personally visit ROD for. I respect the intelligent regulars posters of this forum 10x more than the new "authors of the obvious". Have a nice day.

I'll write 2000 words about what an DELETED. I don't care if you want to trash Bleacher Report or Mike Freeman. That's fine. I have no issue with that. In fact, I generally get a laugh out of the jokes people make at their expense.

I take issue with you trashing and insulting Jake's work. He's a member here. He's a college-aged kid trying to break into a business he's passionate about. He's working his ass off to do it. The work he puts out isn't perfect, but the only way he gets better is by practicing. He doesn't deserve to be shit on for no good reason. He certainly didn't come into this thread and insult you in any way. Yet, you chose to trash the work he does with absolutely no provocation despite recognizing that he might read this thread.

In my book, that's an asshole move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I don't see how Shanny is any better or more qualified than McDaniels. If you want to cite McD's time "dismantling" Denver or whatever god-awful culmination of circumstances lead to what took place in STL, I'd point to Shanny straight up walking out on his team in Cleveland, or his unprofessional behavior in DC.

I don't really have a dog in the HC candidate race, honestly. I think they all come with their lumps. I do think Rams fans might have a skewed opinion of McDaniels though based on some past events here, which were largely out of his control.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't see how Shanny is any better or more qualified than McDaniels. If you want to cite McD's time "dismantling" Denver or whatever god-awful culmination of circumstances lead to what took place in STL, I'd point to Shanny straight up walking out on his team in Cleveland, or his unprofessional behavior in DC.

I don't really have a dog in the HC candidate race, honestly. I think they all come with their lumps. I do think Rams fans might have a skewed opinion of McDaniels though based on some past events here, which were largely out of his control.
Agree. McDaniels' only fault during the 2011 season, IMO, was that he changed the game plan and plays weekly based upon what the defense was going to give him. Ordinarily that's a very good idea, but the personnel he had was just way too green and there wasn't an offseason for them to get in sync. I still remember a couple of times where Bradford hit guys in the back of the helmet because they weren't reading the same things he was. In hindsight it's funny, but at the time it was painful to watch. Just so, so, so, out of sync.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll write 2000 words about what an DELETED. I don't care if you want to trash Bleacher Report or Mike Freeman. That's fine. I have no issue with that. In fact, I generally get a laugh out of the jokes people make at their expense.

I take issue with you trashing and insulting Jake's work. He's a member here. He's a college-aged kid trying to break into a business he's passionate about. He's working his ass off to do it. The work he puts out isn't perfect, but the only way he gets better is by practicing. He doesn't deserve to be crap on for no good reason. He certainly didn't come into this thread and insult you in any way. Yet, you chose to trash the work he does with absolutely no provocation despite recognizing that he might read this thread.

In my book, that's an icehole move.
WTF??? Twice in two days I'm defending Jrry? Hell is indeed freezing over. :ROFLMAO:

I gotta say @Faceplant I thought the same thing when I read your post. Now I'm going to also add that Jrry - you can take a step back from calling someone an asshole. That ain't going to fly here either. But as far as Jake goes, I have been critical of a few of his pieces but he IS a member here and therefore has at least a little higher standing than the other fish wrap "sports writers" out there. He's young and doesn't take constructive criticism all that well but I honestly have found a few of his articles rather interesting.

Now all that said, channel your emotions @jrry32 . You know the rules and that I will pull the plug on you if I have to.

Can we be done with this - like NOW?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WTF??? Twice in two days I'm defending Jrry? Hell is indeed freezing over. :ROFLMAO:

I gotta say @Faceplant I thought the same thing when I read your post. Now I'm going to also add that Jrry - you can take a step back from calling someone an icehole. That ain't going to fly here either. But as far as Jake goes, I have been critical of a few of his pieces but he IS a member here and therefore has at least a little higher standing than the other fish wrap "sports writers" out there. He's young and doesn't take constructive criticism all that well but I honestly have found a few of his articles rather interesting.

Now all that said, channel your emotions @jrry32 . You know the rules and that I will pull the plug on you if I have to.

Can we be done with this - like NOW?

It really made me mad to see someone attacking another member who puts himself out there and works hard for no reason at all. I gotta say, I'm disappointed that you let it go, Stu. I get that I'm not a mod, but that's the sort of comment that should be deleted.

The difference between Jake and a guy like Freeman is that Jake doesn't claim he has anonymous sources. He gives his opinion and presents questions. The kid isn't perfect, but he's trying to get better. He deserves respect for trying.

I'm going to move on. I'd appreciate if you would delete my comments.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It really made me mad to see someone attacking another member who puts himself out there and works hard for no reason at all. I gotta say, I'm disappointed that you let it go, Stu. I get that I'm not a mod, but that's the sort of comment that should be deleted.

The difference between Jake and a guy like Freeman is that Jake doesn't claim he has anonymous sources. He gives his opinion and presents questions. The kid isn't perfect, but he's trying to get better. He deserves respect for trying.

I'm going to move on. I'd appreciate if you would delete my comments.
Chill. I read them all pretty much simultaneously. What? Does everyone think us mods are just sitting there waiting to read everything in real time?

I've said my piece. You want things removed? There's a little advice in the post box that applies to everyone. It says, "think before you post.". You can remove them yourself if you find yourself crossing the line in any post.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chill. I read them all pretty much simultaneously. What? Does everyone think us mods are just sitting there waiting to read everything in real time?

I've said my piece. You want things removed? There's a little advice in the post box that applies to everyone. It says, "think before you post.". You can remove them yourself if you find yourself crossing the line in any post.

I misunderstood the context of your post. I thought you were saying you read it earlier. I'm fine with you leaving my posts. I was asking for you to delete it so it's not mucking up the thread. Doesn't really affect me either ways.

That all said, I still am of the opinion that the original post and the subsequent posts are best off being removed. But you're the mod, it's up to you.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
When a member feels another member is out of line with our policies:

(a) file a mod report
(b) send one or all of us a pm
(c) use the ignore function

Thanks.