Report: Dolphins owner says L.A. will get NFL team ‘certainly within five years’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Does anyone think even if the Rams do make the playoffs and start playing well, that we will have a hard time getting fans to fill the dome?

I heard someone make this comment the other day. They said the Rams have been so bad the last decade that they have lost so many fans and when they finally start playing well again, no one will still care. It would be a tragedy to have a great team but still not enough fans to come support them.

In my opinion, the fan base is building back up and ticket sales are improving, but will it be enough? Of course there will always be bandwagoners but you can't always rely on them.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does anyone think even if the Rams do make the playoffs and start playing well, that we will have a hard time getting fans to fill the dome?

I heard someone make this comment the other day. They said the Rams have been so bad the last decade that they have lost so many fans and when they finally start playing well again, no one will still care. It would be a tragedy to have a great team but still not enough fans to come support them.

In my opinion, the fan base is building back up and ticket sales are improving, but will it be enough? Of course there will always be bandwagoners but you can't always rely on them.
I don't know about that. The team was pretty bad from 1995-1998, but the fans still came in 1999.

I do know that if the Rams want to keep the team (which, again, this thread was NOT about, just so I don't get accused of that), the worst thing fans can do is stay away.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wrong again, boffo. I'm really learnin' you up good, today.

I'm saying this guy is straight up wrong. Wrong I say! Big difference.

I'm just going to start assuming you're upset that the Kings keep spanking the Blues in the playoffs. It's the only way your irrational hate of LA makes sense until you say otherwise.

Even Chris Long roots for LA now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There is more to be said. I say this guy is full of it, you're hoping he's right, and that's really all she wrote.

And honestly, I don't ever want LA to have another team, period. Thats just me. We disagree on that, too.

Care to elaborate on that? Now you lost me. I was born in LA and have a lot of family there still. You're saying they shouldn't have a team because you somehow hate LA? That's pretty bush if that's the case.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I just don't see how LA would be a better situation for the Rams. If they go there and still play bad, there are numerous other teams the fans can focus on. The Rams would be lost in the crowded sports market over there. If they play well in STL I don't see it being any different than them playing well in LA.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Oh yes it did. So much so that it was deleted.
I stand corrected. I thought that one just faded away. I may have been thinking about the thread I posted about stadium possibilities in St. Louis.