Redskins and Cousins have broken off contact talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah there's not a lot the Skins can do except tag him. Not sure what it is these days but I'd think the franchise tag has to be close or above $20 mil a year which is guaranteed. That's a pretty good payday if the Skins are playing hardball with him. I still wish the Rams had offered a draft pick for him a couple seasons ago when people thought I was crazy for thinking he'd be a good QB in the future. :(

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah there's not a lot the Skins can do except tag him. Not sure what it is these days but I'd think the franchise tag has to be close or above $20 mil a year which is guaranteed. That's a pretty good payday if the Skins are playing hardball with him. I still wish the Rams had offered a draft pick for him a couple seasons ago when people thought I was crazy for thinking he'd be a good QB in the future. :(
Well to be fair you do have that whole psycho thing going on:whistle:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're not being realistic with player value and supply/demand if that's your stance. Best move is to tag him. Avoid a long term deal and force him to prove it for another year...if you can't get him to sign a team friendly deal. Which he won't do (from all reports).

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wish a few of these owners would just let these overpriced players walk. These guys talk how its all about the team, then price themselves so high other team-mates are forced out and the team suffers as a whole. Of course, there is always some owner willing throw balance out the window to sign what they believe may be the next Brady or Manning. Meanwhile, as the CAP goes up & ticket prices keep increasing, in 50 years it will only be the 1%'ers attending these games.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No disrespect because I love you flv but Snyder has been the poster child for shitty FA decisions. Am I missing some blue font here?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish a few of these owners would just let these overpriced players walk. These guys talk how its all about the team, then price themselves so high other team-mates are forced out and the team suffers as a whole. Of course, there is always some owner willing throw balance out the window to sign what they believe may be the next Brady or Manning. Meanwhile, as the CAP goes up & ticket prices keep increasing, in 50 years it will only be the 1%'ers attending these games.

Cap and salaries goes up because the NFL finds that they can and do get more revenue by increasing rights fees and ticket prices. Salaries don't drive that, rather it's the other way around.

When the percentage of revenue going to players decreased a couple of years ago, ticket prices didn't drop. Does anybody seriously believe that if salaries were cut in half, that owners wouldn't still try to maximize revenue?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Albert Haynesworth (highest paid defensive player ever with his deal)
Deion Sanders (when he couldn't outrun a turtle)
Adam Archuleta (highest paid safety ever with his deal)
Brandon Lloyd
Jeremiah Trotter
DeAngelo Hall (their own guy hahaha)
Bruce Smith (when he was clearly washed up)

He even signed Jeff George!!!!!!

Snyder is, as 503 said, the poster boy for horrible free agent signings.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
Albert Haynesworth (highest paid defensive player ever with his deal)
Deion Sanders (when he couldn't outrun a turtle)
Adam Archuleta (highest paid safety ever with his deal)
Brandon Lloyd
Jeremiah Trotter
DeAngelo Hall (their own guy hahaha)
Bruce Smith (when he was clearly washed up)

He even signed Jeff George!!!!!!

Snyder is, as 503 said, the poster boy for horrible free agent signings.
Snyder equals douche bag
train