Re-sign Saffold Asap!!!!!!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Boy that's cheap for a guy like him. He deserves 4 million a year with nice incentives for health.
Yes that is what I meant $4mil per year with additional incentives for staying healthy.

It is debatable if anyone "deserves" to be paid that much money to play a game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to know if there's evidence to suggest that playing OG has less risk of injury.

Yes. Saffold can't last more than 2 games as a tackle and he's never been injured as a guard.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
they deserve it when they are making 10 fold that for the owners of the teams.
What the owners make is irrelevant.

The entire entertainment industry is out of control, sports media, movies stars. It is obnoxious.

Thankfully there are some who are good people and they use their positions to help others less fortunate

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams should treat Roger Saffold like they did Danny Amendola. Present him with a reasonable offer and let him know that's the best they can do.
If another team wants to pay more then good luck and thanks for your service.

This is where I'm at. I love the player. I love when he plays.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Release Wells, Dhal, Finnegan then the rams will have the cap space to sign Saffold.

But then the Rams will need to use high draft picks on OG and CB.

They need to do that anyways. Do exactly that. Darqueze Dennard and Cyril Richardson would be great in my eyes.

RamsFan14

Starter
I guess I'm part of the minority who isn't that big on signing Saffold. When he's healthy, he's played pretty darn good football, I just seriously don't trust his health too much. Idk how you can commit big money to a guy who's gone down as many times as he has this year or last year. Granted some of the injuries were just minor, I just hate seeing him go down as many times as he has. It's really unfortunate because you'd think some of the badluck would go away... If we can get him for a discount based on the injuries and/or we have something in the contract that bases some pay on the number of games he plays, I'd be more fine with signing him. He's someone I would be careful with when it comes to signing.

Alan

Legend
But we're not talking about committing big money.

EDIT: that's the royal we.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I don't think I'd pay very much for Saffold. If you're constantly dinged up at age 25, you're probably not going to suddenly become bulletproof in your 5th year in the league.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Give him 4 million plus a big incentive if he makes the pro bowl.

Saffold long Joe must remain on the line while using 2 high draft picks (2nd round) rookies to battle for the other guard position.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the market is going to determine Rogers pay grade,don't know exactly what that is, I do think we should make an honest run at him but I kinda think we are on the other side of the same conundrum Miami was with Jake Long last year in that both teams paid a player to sit out a lot and wonder if it's worth taking a chance on throwing good money after bad.
I like Saffold so much "you guys hate him compared to how much I like him" but we can't let cap hell derail this rebuild,I want him back but if he's gonna ask top dollar and mean it ,adios mi com padre,hope you enjoy watching us in the playoffs witcher fat contract from those losers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Saffold when healthy is a"Pro Bowl OG Walking". Teams will pay big chunks of Cap Space to get that. Sorry to say Rams have some dinky crumbs of cap space to offer up presently. Fisher has had two years worth of many Saffold injuries to worry & fret about whereas no other team has that. Why do you think that Fisher went out & out bid the Phins with large chunks of cap space for Jake Long for?

Now here we are in 2014 with the results just in on Fishers two seasons worth of veteran starting Ram OG's Chris Williams & Havrey Dahl & the main back up to them Shelley Smith...all found defective for various reasons. Big Holes & need being tossed on those scales with Saffold.

Saffold even being a non starter lets say your 6th OL'er where he could fill in @ four OL posts in an instant and not miss a beat...would make him millions alone! Fisher paid over 7 mil for Swing OT Wayne Hunter in 2012! in protection for the often injured Saffold @ OLT.:slap::cray: