Re-sign Saffold Asap!!!!!!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wsaladen

Rookie
I don't believe the rams should let Saffold go. When healthy he is dominate in varoius OL positions.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
While I would like them to sign him to play ROG I am not interested in over paying for him. He has been acceptable at RT and LT I would not agree that he has dominated those positions, he has not been able to stay healthy enough to use that label on his play. $4M for 4 years with incentive clauses for staying on the field

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd like to know if there's evidence to suggest that playing OG has less risk of injury.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'd like to know if there's evidence to suggest that playing OG has less risk of injury.

I'm not sure if there's anything you can extrapolate, but he wouldn't be shuffling side-to-side as much.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if there's anything you can extrapolate, but he wouldn't be shuffling side-to-side as much.

It probably wouldn't be the most reliable data but it'd still be interesting to see if there are fewer injuries for OGs vs. OTs. I've heard some people say it would be safer and others say there's no difference. I don't know. The best solution for Saffold would probably be to use an entire exo-suit that protects every joint on his body and then to bubble-wrap his head under the helmet.

RamsOfCastamere

It probably wouldn't be the most reliable data but it'd still be interesting to see if there are fewer injuries for OGs vs. OTs. I've heard some people say it would be safer and others say there's no difference. I don't know. The best solution for Saffold would probably be to use an entire exo-suit that protects every joint on his body and then to bubble-wrap his head under the helmet.
th

Alan

Legend
RamsOfCastamere thinking Saffold won't be shuffling off his mortal coil:
But would ne be more susceptible to having his leg rolled up on?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Like fighters, then brain can only be rattled around so much before it starts to become a re-occurring issue that happens more frequently. This is also considering concussions haven't been his only issue.

You can do it, but make it highly incentive based. Like by snaps played.

RamsOfCastamere

But would ne be more susceptible to having his leg rolled up on?

I that can happen either way. I was thinking about how Jake injured himself with no one around, but that was fortuitous. I'm just shooting blindly, tossing out ideas

A55VA6

Legend
He's a good tackle... but a Pro Bowl guard. His pulling was phenomenal this season. One big reason Stacy had so many good runs. Rams need to re-sign him and play him at guard.. Hopefully Rodger wants to stay though.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well Saffold got hurt twice this year playing tackle and not at all playing guard????

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One serious RED Flag! This OL'er is injured often and the other thing is he is often injured. Saffold is an outstanding OG & a good swing OT wrapped up in one 26 yr old package plus he is a class act.

Big question here.....What team out of the other 31 teams have suffered badly from this Saffold's RED Flag ?

What team would have more serious concerns than any of the other teams about this RED flag? Due to the many inuries ongoing in the Ram OL....OL'er Wells two yrs of surgeries & rehabbing events & IR events, OL'er Harvey Dahl's back to back injuries & IR events & Ol'er Jake Longs late season ACL/MCL surgery & rehabbing event. Toss in that 3 other OL'ers who were starters in the OL are now free agents.

Would that team have more reservations or less reservations when it comes amount of cap millions stuffed down Saffold pockets?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hope he is a RAM next season and doing it at guard. A perfect storm for the Rams.

Alan

Legend
RamsOfCastamere with this:
I that can happen either way. I was thinking about how Jake injured himself with no one around, but that was fortuitous. I'm just shooting blindly, tossing out ideas
That would describe me to a tee. Those pectoral and bicep injuries that OTs get when trying to stop/slow down an edge rusher with just one hand/arm would probably be greatly lessened too. I guess someone could check and see how many Ts versus Gs went on IR this year for comparison. Too much work for me! :lol:

But I would like to know the answer. :disappoint:

Last edited by a moderator:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The Rams should treat Roger Saffold like they did Danny Amendola. Present him with a reasonable offer and let him know that's the best they can do.
If another team wants to pay more then good luck and thanks for your service.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
While I would like them to sign him to play ROG I am not interested in over paying for him. He has been acceptable at RT and LT I would not agree that he has dominated those positions, he has not been able to stay healthy enough to use that label on his play. $4M for 4 years with incentive clauses for staying on the field

Boy that's cheap for a guy like him. He deserves 4 million a year with nice incentives for health.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Release Wells, Dhal, Finnegan then the rams will have the cap space to sign Saffold.

But then the Rams will need to use high draft picks on OG and CB.