(Re)grading the 2023 offseason “purge” moves.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure about the “Regret” label on Gay. Even though Maher and Havrisik have been very frustrating - they haven’t cost us a game. No way we could have paid Gay what he got from Colts and he hasn’t been the same guy this year.
I acknowledge that my Matt Gay rating was impacted by a high degree of recency bias.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The true value of these salary dumps won't be seen until next year when we actually have money to spend on free agents.

Dotson could be resigned with some of the money saved, for example.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hoping this will be how the 2023 offseason is remembered…
IMG_4614.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Notice that the majority of those guys who left signed one year deals with their current teams. What does that say? Did we really lose that much talent?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about the “Regret” label on Gay. Even though Maher and Havrisik have been very frustrating - they haven’t cost us a game. No way we could have paid Gay what he got from Colts and he hasn’t been the same guy this year.

This brings up an interesting point - Maher missed 2 50+ yard FGs against Pittsburgh (and an extra point - although we got a two point conversion so offsets that overall)

If he makes either one we probably beat the Steelers from a momentum stand point (they scored after both misses IIRC and obviously had great field position)

But they are long FGs. Did he cost us the game?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But they are long FGs. Did he cost us the game?
He could have helped, but surely didnt cost the game. Bigger problem was the ineptitude of the offense to take better advantage. The 2nd miss of 51 yards was a joke as they had just driven the field for the lead TD and after getting the ball back, they were driving right back down the field. The inability to gain more than 1 yard on 1st and 10 from Pitt 34 yard line is as much at fault as missing the 51 yarder.
Im no fan of either kicker but I had much more confidence in Maher and after seeing the terrible attempt Crosby made, I'm glad they didnt go that route either.