RB Lance Dunbar & LB Connor Barwin will visit Rams Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I will assume their having dinner then signing will get done. :yess:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure to be honest with you. But if we sign Barwin and Groy, along with the 7 million for our rookie class, we have to be pretty tight against the cap. Maybe a cap guru can help us out here.

Scroll down to the estimated draft CAP section. Spotrac has us closer to a $5.mil draft cost as there is no #1 pick. Groy, for some reason, has already been added to the 2017 CAP count. Obviously, still waiting to hear about Barwin.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Scroll down to the estimated draft CAP section. Spotrac has us closer to a $5.mil draft cost as there is no #1 pick. Groy, for some reason, has already been added to the 2017 CAP count. Obviously, still waiting to hear about Barwin.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

Wow, so we have close to 14 million in cap space right now? I was way off in my estimation. Turns out Tru and his cap aren't that much of a strain after all.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I would strongly expect a trade, and whether we blink first or not will determine whether we receive a second or third and a late. As the draft gets closer and closer, I fear his value may decrease.

C'mon McSnead you can do this!! I believe

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wow, so we have close to 14 million in cap space right now? I was way off in my estimation. Turns out Tru and his cap aren't that much of a strain after all.

Closer to $8.5mil once you account for the draft.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Remember, this gets lost on people every year. We all ready have 51 players under contract. So if our 8 man draft class costs us $6M, they will replace the bottom 8 players. In fact the 6th & 7th rounders may not even be in the top 51 salaries, but argument sakes let's say they are. So if the current bottom 8 salaries avg $400k a piece, then that is $3.2M that is deducted from our "$6M" allotted draft cap.

So the result is they probably only need an additional $2.8K in overall cap space because the draft class will bump the bottom 8 guys from the top 51 so the delta in their salaries will be what is additionally needed in overall cap space.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember, this gets lost on people every year. We all ready have 51 players under contract. So if our 8 man draft class costs us $6M, they will replace the bottom 8 players. In fact the 6th & 7th rounders may not even be in the top 51 salaries, but argument sakes let's say they are. So if the current bottom 8 salaries avg $400k a piece, then that is $3.2M that is deducted from our "$6M" allotted draft cap.

So the result is they probably only need an additional $2.8K in overall cap space because the draft class will bump the bottom 8 guys from the top 51 so the delta in their salaries will be what is additionally needed in overall cap space.
$540k is the league minimum fyi. The last guy in the 2016 draft picked is currently signed for $540k a year. But what gets fun is this year their 7th round pick's salary slot is only $484k. It gets real fun trying to project draft picks salary :D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is true, but we do have to pay the top 53 plus the practice squad once the new season rolls around. So we'll need to keep aware of that and be careful.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

That's true for the offseason but during the season all players count against the cap.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This is true, but we do have to pay the top 53 plus the practice squad once the new season rolls around. So we'll need to keep aware of that and be careful.

Yeah, just goes to 53 from 51 plus practice squad. The same logic holds though. Just adding two more salaries. Point is the rookie cap is offset by the player salaries they replace on the 53.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to do whatever it takes (within reason) to get this done.

Even if it means trading TruJo for a bag of chips, I would pull the trigger on this and sign Barwin. We currently have two above average pass rushers on our team, and only one of them has proven to stay healthy the past few years.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bump this

I was hoping for something...I guess this is bye-bye Benny.

Monster outta MSU or was it MTSU....or whatever....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yep! At that size and weight he better be "Packin' a 44 magnum" If he expects to stop an on-coming Blitzer at 6ft 4/270ish!!(y):snicker::shades:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would strongly expect a trade, and whether we blink first or not will determine whether we receive a second or third and a late. As the draft gets closer and closer, I fear his value may decrease.

C'mon McSnead you can do this!! I believe
I don't think Tru's Value will decrease, and I don't think Snead will 'Blink' he's too savy!!(y)(y);):D