RB Lance Dunbar & LB Connor Barwin will visit Rams Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's going to be fun watching a totally different team.....Everything is different, even though there are some familiar faces...

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's going to be fun watching a totally different team.....Everything is different, even though there are some familiar faces...
Sucks to see so many go... but it's needed. This will be a new team out there and hopefully different results.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hmmm.. wonder if Dunbar is a camp body or Bambam's potential replacement? Different players yes, but Benny may be outpricing himself for our squad. Or maybe looking for a bigger role?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/lance-dunbar-to-visit-rams/

Lance Dunbar to visit Rams
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2017

488177404-e1471900174237.jpg
Getty Images

There weren’t enough carries to go around in Dallas, so Lance Dunbar is looking for a few more.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, Dunbar is visiting the Rams today.

Dunbar carried the ball just nine times last year, operating as a third down back behind some guy named Ezekiel Elliott.

He’s a capable pass-catcher when he has opportunities, and there may be more of them available in Los Angeles, where there isn’t a lot of depth behind Todd Gurley.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aawr6L-16Dk

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't feel either way....I thought that was the old LB Dunbar for a second.
I wonder what this means for Malcolm Brown....and Aaron Green?
Connor Barwin is 30....coming off a 4 or was it 6 sack season....IDK....Maybe to mentor a rookie DE/OLB...help Quinn out...insurance....????

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Both of these guys would be good signings if they come cheap. Dunbar is a good passing down/3rd down RB. McVay might see him as our Chris Thompson. Makes me wonder if we might be losing Benny?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
both these seem like depth choices tbh, Dunbar's pass catching does point to an exciting way of thinking though - I think the RBs are going to factor heavily in McVay's aerial attack this coming year, along with the TEs and WRs...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
:oops:
Sucks to see so many go... but it's needed. This will be a new team out there and hopefully different results.

Like dumb & dumber(who was who ?? Kenny did have a excellent year)

, or Dinosaur man ?? The tool box. ?? Hayes was & is a class act. Cap space,age, & position. Plus he freaking jumps offsides way to freaking much.

Lance 5 thumbs ?? Tim Barnes ??

TJ & his car ?? Tre his ?? They did keep Troy Hill though so maybe it is a talent thing ?

Mr . Trey(pee) Watts ??

Oh wait wait The for ever loser pill Chase Reynolds .
Great position to clog up with a special teams player.

I'm just glad McVay could watch tapes. Fisher must have had to burn his. A handful of Tums could'nt help from your stomach from getting sick. New sets of eyes is great to see.

Benny ?? He still might be back, but another hard knocks distraction. Along with the great Ping Pong Player DE ?? (Simms)You have a guy next to you like Aaron Donald you mashing it you better hold your own.

Case to me was a winner. Everyone can say what they want. He held his own & am sure he can play a little ping pong. He flat out earned the starting QB job. By chance he does not press a couple serries late in those games.Tru Johnson does not get hurt against Buffalo .The bad late in games 3rd dwn D"). Jared Goff would have been sitting out more.

The Rams in my opinion have playoff talent. The Quality of players they are bringing in a huge key players !!! Team Captain OL man Whitwort & Webster. Robert Wood a USC that just plays hard for the love of the game. Not like USC TE(basketball player) Cameran Jordan.

If Groy is signed then he adds another solid piece knowing Kromer's sceheme very well.

Connor Barwin would be such a special piece for The Rams. Speaking of a TE. He rushes from the left side I believe . Talk about the perfect player on paper. He has a great motor & loves to get after the QB. He Would bring that New position Snead was talking about. He is that Rushing Linebacker. Sort of that Kevin Greene with Pittsburg. What a fun position to watch. Then have Robert Quinn on the other side ??
--3rd downs will Finally be fun to watch.Add so much energy to The Rams.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmmm.. wonder if Dunbar is a camp body or Bambam's potential replacement? Different players yes, but Benny may be outpricing himself for our squad. Or maybe looking for a bigger role?
Pass catching backs. If I recall mcvay had one in Washington

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love it! Hope we sign both of them - especially Barwin. Need more at the LB position.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Would love to see Barwin get signed. High motor guy that has a lot left in the tank.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Love these free agent visits we are making!!! Only thing that blows is us East Coasters have to wait till midnight usually till news breaks..

No matter, I'm a night owl anyways(y):LOL:

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:oops:

Like dumb & dumber(who was who ?? Kenny did have a excellent year)

, or Dinosaur man ?? The tool box. ?? Hayes was & is a class act. Cap space,age, & position. Plus he freaking jumps offsides way to freaking much.

Lance 5 thumbs ?? Tim Barnes ??

TJ & his car ?? Tre his ?? They did keep Troy Hill though so maybe it is a talent thing ?

Mr . Trey(pee) Watts ??

Oh wait wait The for ever loser pill Chase Reynolds .
Great position to clog up with a special teams player.

I'm just glad McVay could watch tapes. Fisher must have had to burn his. A handful of Tums could'nt help from your stomach from getting sick. New sets of eyes is great to see.

Benny ?? He still might be back, but another hard knocks distraction. Along with the great Ping Pong Player DE ?? (Simms)You have a guy next to you like Aaron Donald you mashing it you better hold your own.

Case to me was a winner. Everyone can say what they want. He held his own & am sure he can play a little ping pong. He flat out earned the starting QB job. By chance he does not press a couple serries late in those games.Tru Johnson does not get hurt against Buffalo .The bad late in games 3rd dwn D"). Jared Goff would have been sitting out more.

The Rams in my opinion have playoff talent. The Quality of players they are bringing in a huge key players !!! Team Captain OL man Whitwort & Webster. Robert Wood a USC that just plays hard for the love of the game. Not like USC TE(basketball player) Cameran Jordan.

If Groy is signed then he adds another solid piece knowing Kromer's sceheme very well.

Connor Barwin would be such a special piece for The Rams. Speaking of a TE. He rushes from the left side I believe . Talk about the perfect player on paper. He has a great motor & loves to get after the QB. He Would bring that New position Snead was talking about. He is that Rushing Linebacker. Sort of that Kevin Greene with Pittsburg. What a fun position to watch. Then have Robert Quinn on the other side ??
--3rd downs will Finally be fun to watch.Add so much energy to The Rams.

Idk why you voted "different opinion" when.... we have the same opinion. I said it sucks to see them go because I liked them as a person, and we followed them for several years. But I also said this needed to happen. We need to get rid of Fisher's mess and replenish the roster with better talent. Snead and McVay are doing a good job so far.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Both of these guys would be good signings if they come cheap. Dunbar is a good passing down/3rd down RB. McVay might see him as our Chris Thompson. Makes me wonder if we might be losing Benny?
Personally I would rather see the Rams stick with our current group of RB's or Draft one than pick up Dunbar. (y);)
Barwin I'll take in-a-Heart-beat!(y)(y):mrburnsevil:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The positive with Dunbar over a rookie is not having to burn a pick on a RB and you plug a guy in who can pick up a blitz and work with some of your young backups. We do not need to keep surrounding our young QB with rookies. We did that with Bradford to some extent and it likely hurt his development.

Ram65

Legend
Read the last paragraph that shows the class act he is. On the TV news supporting the community a lot.

He is a hustle and a never give up defender. The switch last year to 3-4 was not good for him. Get him back to the 3-4 and surround him with the talent on the rams defense and he will be very productive.

Updated: MARCH 9, 2017 — 12:14 PM Est
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Eagles-release-Connor-Barwin.html
Eagles release defensive end Connor Barwin

@zberm | zberman@phillynews.com

The Eagles released defensive end Connor Barwin on Thursday, a cost-cutting move that will save them $7.75 million in salary-cap space but send away a player who had been a four-year starter in their defense and a fixture in the Philadelphia community
The transaction gives the Eagles $13.9 million in cap space hours before free agency opens.

Barwin, 30, transitioned from a 3-4 outside linebacker to a 4-3 defensive end last season and could not generate the sack production the Eagles needed around the edge. He finished with five sacks while starting all 16 games. Barwin played every game since signing with the Eagles in 2013 and is tied for 13th in franchise history with 31.5 sacks. His best year was 2014, when he reached the Pro Bowl and was named second-team all-pro after registering 14.5 sacks.

It was expected that the Eagles would move on from Barwin. They had been trying to trade Barwin, but releasing him Thursday gives Barwin a chance to find a suitor elsewhere on a new contract and allows the Eagles to be more active in free agency. He fits best in a 3-4 defense or a 4-3 hybrid scheme.

Barwin lived in Center City and became known for his philanthropy. He has about $4 million in parks projects around the city. The second phase of his Smith Playground reconstruction in South Philadelphia started Wednesday.

“Connor Barwin is a tremendous teammate, player and an even better person,” Eagles executive Howie Roseman said in a statement. “He represented the Philadelphia Eagles with class and integrity for the past four seasons, and we appreciate his efforts both on and off the field. It’s rare to come across a player who invests so much of himself in the locker room, as a leader on the field, and with his relentless work ethic. His work in the community will have a lasting impact on our city that we can all be very proud of. Obviously this was a difficult decision for us, but we wish him and his family all the best. On behalf of all of us, we just wanted to say thank you and we all hope that our paths cross again in the future.”

Thank you Philadelphia from the bottom of my heart for welcoming me and for being the amazing city you are. Laura and I want to thank Jeffrey Lurie, the entire Eagles organization, and all the fans for their support. It has been an honor and a privilege to play for this historic franchise. The Make The World Better Foundation, will continue it's work to revitalize parks in the city. Our current projects at Smith Playground and Waterloo Playground are moving forward and very exciting. I hope to see many of you at our concert this year. I have learned from and cherish every experience I have had in the great city of Philadelphia and every snap I played as an Eagle. From the Lurie's, to my coaches, teammates, mtwb partners, and fellow septa riders thank you! Go Philly, Go Eagles . . . hope to see you in the playoffs!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Idk why you voted "different opinion" when.... we have the same opinion. I said it sucks to see them go because I liked them as a person, and we followed them for several years. But I also said this needed to happen. We need to get rid of Fisher's mess and replenish the roster with better talent. Snead and McVay are doing a good job so far.

Emoji was not suppose to be there.

Last year with JL & Long were veteran leaders those guys brought more to the team than any player McVay got rid of. There contracts were the reason they left.

Kenny Britt as a person ?? He is cool & all , but he is more about himself.
He is a true WR Diva. Robert Wood as a person is already more connected with Jared Goff than Kenny Britt ever was.

Hayes as a person ?? Come on he played that Merrimaid thing up huge. When he did the homeless thing with Chris Long that was cool.

Quick - dude is clueless ? Not a very bright player. He had all the skill , but horrible route runner. As a person , I could careless really. Just another player. Glad he worked hard & was able to come back from his shoulder injury.

If The UDFA WR from Colorado does not get hurt, Brian Quick would have been cut. He does not play special teams, so he would be clogging up a roster spot.

Sorry if for barking up your tree. This was a must to clean house. These player that got cut & not resigned were not because of Fisher. It is because they are not good players.
Look how many penalties The Rams had. Lance Kendrick I hated him at the end. Fisher did back him up on his drops. Dude missed his passes ,jumped offside a lot. What kind of veteran is that. No excuses !! Man Up !! Admit you messed up !! Accountability !!!

---To many years of losing !! I don't even wish any of those guys luck. Hope they still are same crappy selfs. How many weekends of bad football do Ram fans have to watch. If they go to ,KC ,G. Bay , Cleveland,Miami,NE mess those teams up.

Amendola & Long ?? Was happy for Chris Long just because of how he bought in . In the end though He got paid by The Rams !! Danny I would have rather seen him lose every game this year.

Last edited: