RB Lance Dunbar & LB Connor Barwin will visit Rams Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't feel either way....I thought that was the old LB Dunbar for a second.
I wonder what this means for Malcolm Brown....and Aaron Green?
Connor Barwin is 30....coming off a 4 or was it 6 sack season....IDK....Maybe to mentor a rookie DE/OLB...help Quinn out...insurance....????

Barwin can still produce. The Eagles switched to a 4/3, and Barwin didn't fit.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Seems like Mcvay and Co. do all their signings/moves late in the day, I expect to wake up around 2am and hear that we've signed him to a two year deal.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Love it! Hope we sign both of them - especially Barwin. Need more at the LB position.

Put me in the Barwin camp... He can be a solid contributor if used correctly. In Wade we trust

I would be very excited to have him added to Wade's "Toy Box"

barw.0.gif

toy-box-opening_400x300.gif

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Jamaal Charles is still out there...

Not saying he's a must... but think about the possibility of Charles coming in for Gurley, forming a thunder + lightning backfield... like Ware/Charles or Bernard/Hill...

This would be GOOD.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Not saying he's a must... but think about the possibility of Charles coming in for Gurley, forming a thunder + lightning backfield... like Ware/Charles or Bernard/Hill...

This would be GOOD.

If only we had the $$$. I'd be stoked for that.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Benny Cunningham had as many receptions as Dunbar last season, and has more in his 4 years than Dunbar in his 5.

Doesn't account for injury or opportunity. Benny has been our only 3rd down option and has stayed relatively healthy for a while. Dunbar has had some unlucky injuries limiting his production and he's been competing for reps for a while in a good backfield.

Dunbar in the right situation is the next Dion Lewis to me. As a pure pass catcher, Benny doesn't compare. Dunbar runs routes like receivers and is faster and more explosive.

Benny is a better runner and blocker, but I guess we're not looking for those traits right now.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
After seeing those Conner highlights....watching him run w/ Sproles......was pretty impressive. Yes, he was younger (Sproles has played on the same team last few years....) but Sproles still abuses LB on a regular basis. And if he can play near that leve, can give us another athlete on D. I would be all for the signing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This would be GOOD.
Clear payroll to get him on the Rams. He's much more expensive than Benny who's more expensive than Dunbarr.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Doesn't account for injury or opportunity. Benny has been our only 3rd down option and has stayed relatively healthy for a while. Dunbar has had some unlucky injuries limiting his production and he's been competing for reps for a while in a good backfield.

Dunbar in the right situation is the next Dion Lewis to me. As a pure pass catcher, Benny doesn't compare. Dunbar runs routes like receivers and is faster and more explosive.

Benny is a better runner and blocker, but I guess we're not looking for those traits right now.

Gotta stay on the field to get those opportunities. I understand what you're saying though, and McVay is looking to spread the field, but we also need consistency. jmo.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
Put me in the Barwin camp... He can be a solid contributor if used correctly. In Wade we trust

I would be very excited to have him added to Wade's "Toy Box"

barw.0.gif

toy-box-opening_400x300.gif

I love that he has rushed from the left side most of his career! Just make the transition as smooth as possible