Ray Ray Armstrong, I'm glad he isn't a Ram anymore

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
That's what we're saying @Memento , lets have some perspective in regards to charges. A felony conviction isn't the way to go here.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think instead of filing charges they should have let the dog off the leash. Then Ray Ray could have backed up his taunting mano y canine. I'm betting he would have screamed like a girl and ran.

I think people have gone head over heels in the whole "dogs are people" type mentality, but I don't support dumbshits either.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's what we're saying @Memento , lets have some perspective in regards to charges. A felony conviction isn't the way to go here.

Oh, I agree. But let the dog off of the leash. It's not at all fair to taunt a dog on a leash. Let the dog have its fun. :D

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
It's a good rule to abide by. If you were an animal, would you like to be teased like that? Perspective, people.
No that would be childish and immature, totally indicative of someone who either, has not been taught my rule, has not learned my rule, or is intentionally trying to induce a response in total disregard for my rule.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a good rule to abide by. If you were an animal, would you like to be teased like that? Perspective, people.
If you were an animal would you like to be on a leash working at a loud stadium? That's a slippery slope argument . ....come on bro. .the oversensitive reactions in today's world are getting out of hand. A felony over a joke that caused literally no harm?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think the felony comes in on the assumption that in order for a police dog to function, it has to be given the some of the same considerations as an actual officer. Otherwise, shooting the dog before he finds your drugs would be a good strategy. It's just the law has trouble taking into account these different scenarios. I can see both sides of this type of law.

Either way, simply not acting like a dumbshit will ensure you never really are even aware of these types of laws. It's amazing how easy life is when you don't act like a damn fool.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I doubt that any charges will filed, or if they are it will never make it to court...Even if he goes to trial (which he probably won'
t), gets convicted (which he probably won't) he'll get nothing but a small fine and a few months of probation..I wonder if this incident will make him stop and think about some of the really stupid shit he does ??? Again, I'd guess not...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Without trying to pass judgement about the law, I can't help but think that if he had a real job in the real world, Ray Ray might well be in prison...He seems to do some really, really stupid shit...

fearsomefour

Legend
If you were an animal would you like to be on a leash working at a loud stadium? That's a slippery slope argument . ....come on bro. .the oversensitive reactions in today's world are getting out of hand. A felony over a joke that caused literally no harm?
Who the hell knows what animals like. They are animals. They either to be given treats, eaten, looked at or avoided. I wish we would stop assigning human emotions to animals.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Just for clarification can you lift your shirt up and bark at a human police officer?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

...I probably should've put it in blue font. By no means am I advocating a felony charge. I just want the dog to have a chance to bark back. :D

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
LOL! Are things really that quiet that this has made column inches let alone being investigated!?

I have a friend who trains fire / search and rescue dogs - the type of actions that Ray-Ray was reportedly doing wouldn't have effected the dog at all - they really don't take any notice of that, they're used to crowds and idiots etc...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with a rotoworld opinion piece.

Ray-Ray Armstrong - LB - Raiders

Raiders OLB Ray-Ray Armstrong is under investigation for taunting a police dog at Heinz Field last Sunday.

Apparently this is a crime, and a felony (!) at that. Armstrong is alleged to have "lifted his shirt, pounded on his chest and (barked)" at the dog as he made his way to the field. It's hard to make this stuff up. Hopefully the Allegheny County Sheriff's Department decides it has better things to do. What a country.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
LOL! Are things really that quiet that this has made column inches let alone being investigated!?

I have a friend who trains fire / search and rescue dogs - the type of actions that Ray-Ray was reportedly doing wouldn't have effected the dog at all - they really don't take any notice of that, they're used to crowds and idiots etc...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is a felony charge with a maximum punishment of seven years in prison and a $15,000 fine? This is ridiculous! If anyone was ever sentenced to seven years in prison for taunting a dog and fined 15 grand then something needs to be done about the laws in Pittsburgh.

I would say a small fine or community service is sufficient punishment for an act that really didn't result in anything significant.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I guess the Police and DA in that town don't have better things to do.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Pretty funny thread. I am a dog lover from hell, but charging him is ridiculous to the point of being laughable. (Don't want to go to far afield here, (or start anything), but there's probably not a lot of love lost (historically) between southern black men and police dogs.

That said, while we may not be able to assign human emotions to dogs, (and I mean dogs, not all animals), they most definitely experience pain (obviously), but also happiness, sadness, expectation, loyalty and fear, to name a few: at what level is debatable, but feelings do exist in the realm of their world.

Last edited:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
"Armstrong, 24, allegedly "lifted his shirt, pounded on his chest and began barking at the dog as he was heading toward the field for the game,"

Not smart but also not a crime.....