Rat Boy's record?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
As I gleefully watched the whiners lose last night, a broadcaster brought up an interesting point about rat boy. He is 0-37 anytime the whiners are down by 8 or more points in the 4th quarter.. Make that 0-38 now.

I might add that he is the only head coach I know of that has blown 10 point 4th quarter lead in the super bowl. He is also the only coach to blow a 10 point lead in the NFCCG.

And the only OC who managed to blow a 28-3 lead in the super bowl with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

tempests

Hall of Fame
As I gleefully watched the whiners lose last night, a broadcaster brought up an interesting point about rat boy. He is 0-37 anytime the whiners are down by 8 or more points in the 4th quarter.. Make that 0-38 now.
One of those statistics that doesn't really mean anything. Being down by two scores in the fourth quarter is a losing proposition for just about anybody.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
One of those statistics that doesn't really mean anything. Being down by two scores in the fourth quarter is a losing proposition for just about anybody.
But 0 and 38?

38 times they had a chance to score a touchdown and a field goal to win and they couldn't pull it off?
ZERO 4th quarter comebacks?

Will he ever overcome that is the question at this point.

Last edited:

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
which is why 2 times this year we will beat them in the 4th quarter. will be 0-40 rat boy. ha-ha go rams.

dang

Legend
That means Ratboy has no answers when he’s down by 8 in the 4th quarter. It’s got to be eating at him. But the real nightmare for Ratboy is he’s never gotten the big cheese. And the manner in which he had chances but blew the opportunity.

jap

Legend
 It is insanely offensive the way you guys refer to the '9ers head coach as "Ratboy!" So offensive that the community of rats are starting a picket line to protest this outrage!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Also Shannahan's had 3 losing seasons to McVay's 1 during the same tenure, yet he's lauded as a superior coach by many.
I think that has something to do with Shanahan's record against McVay. Overall, Kyle Shanahan is an excellent Head Coach, however, every year he is not able to win a Super Bowl, that will hang over his head.

I was happy to see the 49ers get their ass kicked, however, they still are a superior team in the NFC, it would be nice if the Rams could kick their ass and add some more doubt to their psyche.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
When I hear 0-37 and the only team to have never done it. THAT was crazy bc that means recent bottom feeders like the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, Jets, Raiders, Cardinals have all done it at least once at some point.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
It meant enough for ABC to mention it during probably one of the highest viewed games of the season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What he's missing...

1703695419564.png

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was Ratboy before it was a thing! I think I smell cheese and it's in Greenbay.
1703695593935.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nothing? I could see if he was 0-10 maybe. Even that would be significant. But having NEVER done it when his teams have been mostly perennially stacked and he's had 38 opportunities? He's given up those same kinds of leads. But hasn't been able to overcome ONE?

Yeah.... Sorry. It means something.

Ellard80

Legend
So from trying to look at game History in pro Ref

McVay 3-20 in regular season when down by 8 or more into 4th.

Wins - Baltimore 2021, the Mayfield miracle last year, and Seattle home game this year.

Playoffs?

Of course, Mcvay's greatest 4th quarter comeback game?

2021 NFC championship down 10 to 49ners in 4th

We were also down 7 going into 4th against Seattle 2020 and won.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So from trying to look at game History in pro Ref

McVay 3-20 in regular season when down by 8 or more into 4th.

Wins - Baltimore 2021, the Mayfield miracle last year, and Seattle home game this year.

Playoffs?

Of course, Mcvay's greatest 4th quarter comeback game?

2021 NFC championship down 10 to 49ners in 4th

We were also down 7 going into 4th against Seattle 2020 and won.
So roughly 20% in games down by 8 or more. I'll stick with my 0-10 being significant.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think anytime someone types Shanahan on this board, it should automatically turn into Ratboy, just like when someone types assholeface it automatically turns into assholeface.