Rapoport: Interest in FA LB James Laurinaitis is Strong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Lot's of revisionist history going on here. JL is a class act however, his next tackle behind the LOS will be his first in recent memory.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Lot's of revisionist history going on here. JL is a class act however, his next tackle behind the LOS will be his first in recent memory.
I like JL ... I mean as a person .. .and he is a decent football player ... .but I have always disliked how 90% of his tkls were down field. Guy always waited for the ball carrier or ended up getting caught up in the wash. I just wish him good luck and hope we get better production at the MLB position somehow.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Man I'm still in hurting about James (and Chris) getting cut... this news just makes me sick. I just bought my 8 month old baby girl a JL55 jersey a couple months ago but I got it in a bigger size so she could wear it next season...
I just bought a 'New' "Throw-Back" Jersey w/ Chris Long's name and number last year! I'm a jink.
Every time I Buy a player's Jersey, something happens to that Player, Last time I bought a Warner Jersey, he got Hurt and was gone!!

My next Jersey will be "Personalized" so I don't Jinx anyone!!

I'm going to get a "Throw-Back" w/ the Name "Dave Fan" on it and Number "51"!!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I just bought a 'New' "Throw-Back" Jersey w/ Chris Long's name and number last year! I'm a jink.
Every time I Buy a player's Jersey, something happens to that Player, Last time I bought a Warner Jersey, he got Hurt and was gone!!

My next Jersey will be "Personalized" so I don't Jinx anyone!!

I'm going to get a "Throw-Back" w/ the Name "Dave Fan" on it and Number "51"!!

Just make sir you look very carefully before crossing the street...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I understand the angst by some from losing J Lau and Long.

Talk about a couple of class act players. Each so easy to root for.

But if there's one thing that we can all agree upon, it's that this current coaching staff knows D from top to bottom.

So when they decide that it's time to pull the plug, it's kinda hard to say that they made a terrible mistake, huh?

Both Long and J Lau will each be signed somewhere, no doubt. But I suspect that their respective careers are now on a downward trajectory.

Clearly, the FO felt that they could do better at those 2 positions and with those cap dollars and made the bold and difficult decisions. That's what good teams do.

OTOH, the Cook decision was a no brainer. He will not be missed.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Seems to me that a decent sized vocal group wanted him gone...Now it seems a decent sized vocal group wanted him to stay...Guess the fans here are pretty much split down the middle...

I never wanted him gone. He's the one of the 3 that were cut that I would have kept. Some fans just want to cut every good player we have, it's very strange to me. I mean, there were even fans that wanted to get rid of SJ39 in his prime, because we didn't have a winning record while he was here.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After visit with Saints, James Laurinaitis plans trip to Falcons, ESPN reports

By Evan Woodbery, NOLA.com

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/03/james_laurinaitis_falcons_sain.html

Free-agent linebacker James Laurinaitis, who visited the New Orleans Saints last week, will travel to Atlanta on Monday for a visit with the Falcons, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported.

Laurinaitis, 29, has been a middle linebacker for most of his career, so it's not certain how he would fit into the Saints' plans. Stephone Anthony, a first-round draft pick in 2015, started every game for the Saints at middle linebacker in his rookie season.

A three-time All-American and Bronko Nagurski Trophy winner at Ohio State, Laurinaitis was drafted by the Rams in the second round (35th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.

He never missed a start in seven seasons with the St. Louis Rams, playing 112 games and making 853 tackles, 16.5 sacks and 10 interceptions.

The Rams, now based in Los Angeles, released Laurinaitis two weeks ago, saving $5.78 million against the salary cap.

The Saints have six linebackers currently under contract for 2016: Anthony, Dannell Ellerbe, Hau'oli Kikaha, Michael Mauti, Kasim Edebali and Davis Tull.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'll admit I thought it was time to move on. I was just fed up of not seeing him shoot the gap, dominate the center and bring down the running back with a thump in the backfield or at the LOS in the hole. Too used to seeing him hold onto a guy ad then the rest of the pile helping him out with assists being dragged along for a few yards.

That said I wanted something other than Alec Ogletree being moved inside. Tree is a weapon at outside backer but inside suffers from the same lack of physicality that JL did. Can he get off the block and blow up the guy in the hole or take on a lead full back? We'll see. Some excellent backer talent in this draft class btw.