Rapoport: Interest in FA LB James Laurinaitis is Strong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The interest in FA LB James Laurinaitis is strong, and #Saints want to get a jump on things. NO hoping to bring him in for a visit next week

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The interest in FA LB James Laurinaitis is strong, and #Saints want to get a jump on things. NO hoping to bring him in for a visit next week
Good for James! I hope he lands at a spot and does well.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saints hope to visit with LB James Laurinaitis

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...aints-hope-to-visit-with-lb-james-laurinaitis

James Laurinaitis might not be out of work long.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the New Orleans Saints are hoping to bring the linebacker in for a visit next week.

The interest in Laurinaitis is strong, Rapoport adds, noting that the Saints want to get a jump on possibly locking down the linebacker's services.

The Los Angeles Rams cut their all-time leading tackler last week in a purge of veteran contracts. Laurinaitis earned 109 total tackles last year -- his seventh straight season with more than 100 -- but his play has fallen off sharply in recent years. He was one of the worst inside linebackers in the NFL last season, especially struggling against the run.

The Saints are once again heading into the offseason trying to revamp a disappointing defense. Asshole Face has some good young talent in Stephone Anthony, Hau'oli Kikaha, Delvin Breaux and Kenny Vaccaro to go along with the likes of Cameron Jordan.

Last offseason the Saints brought in Brandon Browner to add veteran leadership and experience to the defense. If New Orleans dips into the veteran pool again, hopefully the results are much different.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He is better than what several teams have. No way doesn't get signed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
29yrs old, won't be 30 until December.

He's a good find still.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Too many people forget he ironman'd it with a bum wing for 10 games because Tree went down early.

I highly doubt he plays as much with that injured elbow if Tree was healthy.

A healthy JLau is a very solid Mike.

I really hope this isn't another London Fletcher sitch.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As long as he signs outside of the division it's all good. He's going to help another team immediately.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the saints have their own young gun at lber in anthony they threw into the fire last season at mike. they may want jl to show him how to it's done for a year or two.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really going to hate seeing him tear it up for someone else. He gets a lot of criticism for doing a great job on a defense the was missing 2 of its main players nearly the whole year and being dinged himself. I would have kept him and cut Saffold. AO has not proved he can stay on the field or play in the middle in the NFL depending on him to suddenly be able to do that is not a great plan.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Still a good, but not great player, hopefully he gets on a contender.

Seems to me that a decent sized vocal group wanted him gone...Now it seems a decent sized vocal group wanted him to stay...Guess the fans here are pretty much split down the middle...

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Man I'm still in hurting about James (and Chris) getting cut... this news just makes me sick. I just bought my 8 month old baby girl a JL55 jersey a couple months ago but I got it in a bigger size so she could wear it next season...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Man I'm still in hurting about James (and Chris) getting cut... this news just makes me sick. I just bought my 8 month old baby girl a JL55 jersey a couple months ago but I got it in a bigger size so she could wear it next season...
Wear it proud anyway.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seems to me that a decent sized vocal group wanted him gone...Now it seems a decent sized vocal group wanted him to stay..
There's alot of that going around. Especially concerning Fisher and the moves he's either made or not made. This weird phenomenon started when everyone wanted Foles benched, then when he got benched there was alot of WTF? Why?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Seems to me that a decent sized vocal group wanted him gone...Now it seems a decent sized vocal group wanted him to stay...Guess the fans here are pretty much split down the middle...

Nah. He really needed to go. He was playing terrible all year. Not a force to be reckoned with at all. At the salary he was due, he needed to go. Don't worry about it. We'll be just as good or better at LB this year.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
In a way I feel like he should just retire. I love James and he was a great Ram and good at football too, for a long time.

I also read this and thought right away that this feels like tampering or something. . .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great guy. I'm sure the locker-room will miss him. But he wasn't getting it done on the field anymore. I wish him the best.