Random thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good discussion.

I agree about Schotty being shotty. I (like all of us) am so tired of the endless rebuild. It is a shame that it seems the growth of the offense has been held back by a bad choice from the GM and HC.

I am not ready to give up on Bradford. I still see way too many positives. The possible corrilation I could see happening is what happened with Brees in San Diego. He was declared a bust by the fans. A guy that got booed and destroyed on local radio there. LT was the first round pick that hit and Brees was the 2nd round bust. We all know the rest of that story....when he got to a team with a coach that knew how to set up an O to fit his strengths and how to develop a QB. I am not saying Bradford is Brees. Drew Brees is so intune with his offense and the play calling and can make those throws blindfolded. He can make adjustments at the line and get people in positions to make plays. That ALL stems from his relationship with the coach and the offense. Brees was run out of San Diego for being too small, having a weak arm ect....all of the measurables. Bradford has all of the measurables that a guy like Brees does not. Brees went to a play were he was no longer held back, where the coaching was great and there was believe in him. I could see (as Brady enters his late 30s) a guy like Billicheat (that is if he doesnt retire when Brady goes) jumping all over the chance to get a guy like Bradford. One thing for sure the O that is being run now does not play to Bradfords strenghts. That is moronic. The Giants with Eli, Whiners with Kap, Seattle with Wilson, Denver with Manning, Washington to a lesser degree with RGKnee, Rogers in GB, Detroit with Staford....all of these places with a mix of young and veteran QBs have found ways to match their QBs strength to their O. There are good and bad weeks for everyone of them, however, the QBs know they can succeed in the offenses. I contend Bradford is no the problem. As an organization you dont want to hang onto a guy just to make sure he does not succeed somewhere else, but, you also dont want be like the Chargers. Watching the guy you chased out of town lift the Lombardi Trophy and win League MVPs.

Agree with the trade for Richardson being too high a price. Great for Cleveland though.

The value in moving to LA for anyone (just about) would be the increased value of the franchise. I read something that estimated the value of the Vikings would increase like 40-50% if they moved to LA. The revenue streams that are possible in a place with 10+ million people just cant be compared with a city with (Im not sure how big St. Louis is) close to a million.
That said, I think the Raiders would be the favorite to move to LA. They have a short history there already, their stadium in Oakland is falling apart (I will be in that stadium Saturday evening watching the Oakland As make another failed playoff run), the cross bay rivals are building a sweet stadium and they have no prospects of getting their own. A stadium in LA that they dont have to share plus luxury boxes and the whole thing would really make life so much easier for Tommy Boy.

…..

Legend
X said:
Every single professional analyst, coach, scout and executive said the same exact things about Bradford when he entered into the league. He has all of the tangibles to become a great NFL quarterback.

I've made this exact argument over several of our picks, or failed picks. Most recently Jason Smith.

Its extremely unfair to judge the scouting and talent evaluaters of the rams front office in a negative light when EVERYONE on the planet agrees that the pick was the right pick. Now if that pick turns out to go bad, EVERYONE on the planet can be wrong together........

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rams and Gators said:
Angry Ram said:
max said:
3. True. 1.5 bad games, though. Again, no one cared this much about Sam when he gave the Rams a fighting chance against Atlanta.

This is one of the things I'll never understand, Sam has a 82.4 passer rating over the last season and a quarter, that isn't 1.5 bad game, it's 3 seasons and a quarter of below average QB play. He needs to, and imo can, do better.

As for the Atlanta game, you mean Sam got us within a TD of a 1-3 team? Now that is worth keeping a guy around for.

I don't care about QB rating. I don't care about what happened in his rookie year and his 2nd year.

I care about him putting the team in position to win, and he has and sometimes it hasn't worked out. Life in the NFL.

Angry Ram said:
Rams and Gators said:
Angry Ram said:
max said:
3. True. 1.5 bad games, though. Again, no one cared this much about Sam when he gave the Rams a fighting chance against Atlanta.

This is one of the things I'll never understand, Sam has a 82.4 passer rating over the last season and a quarter, that isn't 1.5 bad game, it's 3 seasons and a quarter of below average QB play. He needs to, and imo can, do better.

As for the Atlanta game, you mean Sam got us within a TD of a 1-3 team? Now that is worth keeping a guy around for.

I don't care about QB rating. I don't care about what happened in his rookie year and his 2nd year.

I care about him putting the team in position to win, and he has and sometimes it hasn't worked out. Life in the NFL.

In that case Sam's awesome.