Rams WR Robert Woods has shoulder injury, status unknown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'd like to be happy, but rotoworld commentary is not often the most accurate....
In Rapoport's video, that Rotoworld linked to, he made it sound like a week-to-week thing that he could potentially play through.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You said something about rotoworld's commentary being inaccurate. Which I have noticed myself, but in this case they were just quoting Rapoport. If you were doubting his report, I missed that.
Their commentary was "Woods went down in the fourth quarter against the Vikings, but his shoulder injury isn’t considered serious. He could potentially play through it without missing time. There should be more clarity on Woods when the Rams return to practice Wednesday."
Again, I dont find them to be reliable as they are always giving their interpretation
So, in this case, no reason to have believed them

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kayvon Webster ruled out after suffering concussion vs. Vikings

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...ota-vikings-kayvon-webster-injury-concussion/

After losing Nickell Robey-Coleman to a thigh injury earlier in the game, the Rams saw another starting cornerback exit the game against the Vikings. Kayvon Webster suffered a concussion and has been ruled out for the remainder of the contest.
Rams CB Kayvon Webster is out because of concussion.

— Gary Klein (@LATimesklein) November 19, 2017

Webster is the Rams’ No. 2 cornerback, which makes this a significant blow for L.A. Trumaine Johnson is the only healthy starting corner right now against a Vikings offense that has two outstanding receivers.

Dominique Hatfield has stepped in for Webster, while Blake Countess will also see snaps at cornerback in the future.
The way Hatfield played I don't know if I want to see him on the field again! JMHO

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Have to think the Rams will sit him this weekend. Cannot risk losing him for the playoffs, just let the dude have a week to rest that shoulder, even two weeks if necessary, then get him back and rolling for the final stretch of games and playoffs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to think the Rams will sit him this weekend. Cannot risk losing him for the playoffs, just let the dude have a week to rest that shoulder, even two weeks if necessary, then get him back and rolling for the final stretch of games and playoffs.
He's out several weeks

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's out several weeks

That's a bummer. Hope when we get him back that he's good to go, big concern there.

That said, the loss of Webster is probably more impacting to the team overall. Although the way he's been playing of late, like he unlearned how to look for the MFing ball, has been frustrating.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a bummer. Hope when we get him back that he's good to go, big concern there.

That said, the loss of Webster is probably more impacting to the team overall. Although the way he's been playing of late, like he unlearned how to look for the MFing ball, has been frustrating.
Yeah, and Barron too.
We need them on point to beat the Saints!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way Hatfield played I don't know if I want to see him on the field again! JMHO
No fan of any team wants to see their 4th or 5th corner on the field unless they're up by 40 points in the 4th quarter.

Tano

Legend
No fan of any team wants to see their 4th or 5th corner on the field unless they're up by 40 points in the 4th quarter.
Hatfield is their 6th CB - I consider Countess to be the 5th or is it vice versa

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hatfield is their 6th CB - I consider Countess to be the 5th or is it vice versa
With Hill out he gets bumped up the list regardless it doesn't change what I said.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
it might be that I am just worrying about something that is not there but Watkins seems to be afraid of contact. he has quit on a lot of routes over the middle when it looked like was going to take a big hit. after all buffalo did let him go pretty cheap maybe they knew something we didn't. hope I am wrong.
Watkins doesn’t seem to shy from contact once he gets the ball. Seems quite the contrary. He’s a pretty bruising runner with the ball in his hands. He just doesn’t seem to get the separation that Woods does or is as sharp out of his cuts. I think Woods pays more attention to his QB when in trouble.

I hope Watkins shows he can do this because I haven’t seen him do it much with us. He does seem to see his fair share of two on ones. We may see P Cooper get some more underneath targets. He is another physical runner with the ball and if he can get going, Watkins might find himself with fewer double teams.

nighttrain

Legend
if it matters, Watkins is a very willing blocker, i find this encouraging and he sure doesn't shy away from contact

train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Teams are rolling coverages to him. They're eliminating him on many of the defensive snaps. This offense isn't going to force the ball to him when he's got a safety over the top, the read moves on to the guy who has the desired matchup for that play.

I do think as we go on and Goff and Watkins both improve in the scheme his touches will go up a bit. But this offense just isn't going to force the ball to Watkins without the look and it's not going to be scheming things up around getting Watkins the ball. He needs to play better and start beating the coverages, getting open and proving himself by not taking downs off.

It's smart not to force it, it would just have added an INT of two most likely. There are other weapons to deploy and with the way Woods was getting open there was no sense in it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's smart not to force it, it would just have added an INT of two most likely. There are other weapons to deploy and with the way Woods was getting open there was no sense in it.

Agree. Teams seem to be willing to single up on Woods versus Watkins. And if you think about it, it makes sense.

That said, I think Woods surprised a LOT of people in the last few weeks as being faster and quicker than many believed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Watkins doesn’t seem to shy from contact once he gets the ball. Seems quite the contrary. He’s a pretty bruising runner with the ball in his hands. He just doesn’t seem to get the separation that Woods does or is as sharp out of his cuts. I think Woods pays more attention to his QB when in trouble.

I hope Watkins shows he can do this because I haven’t seen him do it much with us. He does seem to see his fair share of two on ones. We may see P Cooper get some more underneath targets. He is another physical runner with the ball and if he can get going, Watkins might find himself with fewer double teams.

The big plays will change the coverage from the defense and Watkins will benefit. The Woods injury is not going to help because after that bomb Woods scored on got DC's attention I'm sure. His speed was surprising to that defender.

if it matters, Watkins is a very willing blocker, i find this encouraging and he sure doesn't shy away from contact

throw to Watkins, short 5-6 yd button hooks

He is, it seems all of the WR's are willing to block.

I'd like to see short slants to Watkins, the kind that Rice used to run and Montana would fire the ball out quickly as Rice was cutting right behind LB's. It was almost like a very short post route he didn't do a 90 degree cut it was an angle and Watkins could kill that with his speed!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
While Woods has shown he has some speed once he is rolling. Mcvay always talking about that 200 meter speed. I think Mike Thomas will find more success getting behind the defense deep without it necessarily being schemed - just running by his man. If he can come in and be consistent with his hands, Thomas could open some things up for Watkins underneath.