Rams WR Robert Woods has shoulder injury, status unknown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/...wr-robert-woods-shoulder-injury-update-status

The Los Angeles Rams had a rough day with the injury bug. On top of losing CBs Nickell Robey-Coleman and Kayvon Webster, the Rams may have lost WR Robert Woods with a shoulder injury.

On the last play before the two-minute warning, Woods was slow to get up after catching a pass from QB Jared Goff. It looked like a stinger at first, but you’re generally not carted off the field for that.

Robert Woods hurt his shoulder, McVay said. “Getting it checked out now.”

— Rich Hammond (@Rich_Hammond) November 19, 2017
Woods has been the Rams most reliable WR this season and was coming off consecutive performances with two touchdowns. He was again the Rams most dangerous WR today before leaving with the injury. Losing him for any significant amount of time would be a huge blow to the passing game.

If he is out for a lengthy period, look for WR Mike Thomas to get a longer look, as he was the sub for Woods after the injury.

Stay tuned for updates.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Next man up. Also Kupp and Watkins need to play better now, the TEs need to raise the bar, etc. Goff needs to bounce back and play well vs the Saints let's gooooo.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's our best WR, and by a margin. I hope he is OK, and comes back soon.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kayvon Webster ruled out after suffering concussion vs. Vikings

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...ota-vikings-kayvon-webster-injury-concussion/

After losing Nickell Robey-Coleman to a thigh injury earlier in the game, the Rams saw another starting cornerback exit the game against the Vikings. Kayvon Webster suffered a concussion and has been ruled out for the remainder of the contest.
Rams CB Kayvon Webster is out because of concussion.

— Gary Klein (@LATimesklein) November 19, 2017

Webster is the Rams’ No. 2 cornerback, which makes this a significant blow for L.A. Trumaine Johnson is the only healthy starting corner right now against a Vikings offense that has two outstanding receivers.

Dominique Hatfield has stepped in for Webster, while Blake Countess will also see snaps at cornerback in the future.

Psycho_X

Legend
YEah, next man up. Mike Thomas isn't a rookie anymore. It's his time to make his name known. I hope Webster and NRC are ok though. We can get by with a WR injury as much as it sucks but we already saw how our defense is with Hadfield and Countess.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I would hate it if we were without Rob Woods for any time at all.... I could see Reynolds getting more opportunities.... Kupp has played well...he's a rookie...cost us today...but he's still solid... Also Gerald Everett as lined up in the slot, and out wide is a weapon for us too..

We'll adjust...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Mike Thomas took advantage of the reps given at garbage time. Hope he'll step up considering the good word McBae put on him prior to the start of the season.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He'll be back a few games before the playoffs to warm up and get back in the groove... (is my hope).

TexasRam

Legend
Wouldn’t that be funny if Thomas ended up being the next Antonio Brown. Lol.

But seriously, we are going to really miss Woods and why is Pharoah Cooper
Not being mentioned. Dude looks ready to step in as a strong possession WR.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Wouldn’t that be funny if Thomas ended up being the next Antonio Brown. Lol.

But seriously, we are going to really miss Woods and why is Pharoah Cooper
Not being mentioned. Dude looks ready to step in as a strong possession WR.

Based upon his kick returns it sure looks like he could rack up the YAC.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IF it's a short term injury, it might be a blessing in disguise IF it forces Goff to look Watkins way more than he has so far. Others may disagree, but he is actually the best WR on the team and he's being woefully underutilized.

Then again, it could be bad if it forces Goff to lock in on Kupp all the time again.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
ADBDAD25-5943-49C4-B8A7-F34C139D9F9F.jpeg

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Don't care as much that we lost as I do that we had two corners and Woods get injured. Hopefully these guys are okay. We've got a pretty important redemption game next week!

Zero

Pro Bowler
Also Kupp and Watkins need to play better now,
Agree on Kupp,however I think Watkin's production may be from a lack of looks.
I mentioned in another thread that Wood's missing time,could be a blessing in disguise.
I think our young QB had built up trust with Woods,Kupp during TC.He didn't have that
luxury with Watkins.Now he will be forced to look Watkins way more often.This could
lead to an even more balanced passing attack when Woods returns.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
IF it's a short term injury, it might be a blessing in disguise IF it forces Goff to look Watkins way more than he has so far. Others may disagree, but he is actually the best WR on the team and he's being woefully underutilized.

it might be that I am just worrying about something that is not there but Watkins seems to be afraid of contact. he has quit on a lot of routes over the middle when it looked like was going to take a big hit. after all buffalo did let him go pretty cheap maybe they knew something we didn't. hope I am wrong.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
This young and inexperienced Ram team has had some success and seems to have handled it well with the "one game at a time" mentality.

The true test will be how they handle adversity Good teams have guys that step up when top players go down with injury, and coaches who figure out how to game plan with what they have.

Rams have some tough game ahead, I believe the loss to the Vikes will benefit the Rams. They have to realize they have work to do to get better. McVay will coax a few more wins out of them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agree on Kupp,however I think Watkin's production may be from a lack of looks.

Teams are rolling coverages to him. They're eliminating him on many of the defensive snaps. This offense isn't going to force the ball to him when he's got a safety over the top, the read moves on to the guy who has the desired matchup for that play.

I do think as we go on and Goff and Watkins both improve in the scheme his touches will go up a bit. But this offense just isn't going to force the ball to Watkins without the look and it's not going to be scheming things up around getting Watkins the ball. He needs to play better and start beating the coverages, getting open and proving himself by not taking downs off.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8407/robert-woods

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Robert Woods (shoulder) isn’t dealing with structural damage.
Woods went down in the fourth quarter against the Vikings, but his shoulder issue isn’t considered serious. He could potentially play through it without missing time. There should be more clarity on Woods when the Rams return to practice Wednesday. Nov 20 - 4:20 PM
Source: NFL Network

Psycho_X

Legend

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8407/robert-woods

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Robert Woods (shoulder) isn’t dealing with structural damage.
Woods went down in the fourth quarter against the Vikings, but his shoulder issue isn’t considered serious. He could potentially play through it without missing time. There should be more clarity on Woods when the Rams return to practice Wednesday. Nov 20 - 4:20 PM
Source: NFL Network
I'd like to be happy, but rotoworld commentary is not often the most accurate....