Rams without OT Rob Havenstein at Wednesday's practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I don't recall seeing Williams at ORT at all. If he hasn't played there then that could be a disaster. Reynolds is the backup Righ Tackle. I really think they would move him there. Then let Wichman or Donnal at OLG, maybe even Williams. Whichever is best.
Williams played the last 8 snaps for Hav in the SF game. If we had to I would keep him there. I would rather have the interior stay intact, besides we need Reynolds handcuffed to GRob.

jap

Legend
it's an Achilles injury I believe. Fisher said in his press conference it had flared up last Saturday before the game and he then sat out a few plays during the game. If that's still the issue its not good. those Achilles injuries are nagging and don't get better unless rested. so he might be fighting this the rest of the season or until it permanently side lines him

Jaws has an Achilles problem? :eek::LOL:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I sure like the 6-7 321 pound Havenstein selection. I did notice he was having issues last Sunday & thought that he was coming out several times after having the back of his lower leg rolled up on a few incidents. Boudreau's main back up OLT was a starter @ ORG who is now on IR. I sure hope that Havenstein can play. Maybe its time to bring up Rookie practice squad rider OT Isaiah Battle & put him in the Watts 53 rd roster spot?:thinking:

The top reserve that replaced this IR'd starter just happened to be our main back up to Havenstein. Boudreau moved our best starting OLG to ORG so we can get our OLT help from our most experienced OL'er . Our present back up to Havenstein @ ORT (Darrell Williams) has always been a OLT until playing some ORT in pre season. However by the end of pre season DW was surprisingly looking real stout @ OLT.(y)

The bad......Darrell Williams looked much better @ OLT than @ ORT in pre-season hopefully he has tightened himself up some. . All of DW 29 starts in college were @ OLT. Rams have 9 OL'ers on the active roster now. DW is listed as 6-5 300 pounds making him the lightest of the 9. While he may not have the size nor does he have a massive looking frame, plus DW didn't even make it on the radar in most all of 2015 prospect draft sites, DW must have something special between the ears;). DW was born in Jamaica & moved to the U.S. in the ninth grade.

IMO Boudreau's OL will have to be re-tuned at some point:cautious:. Hopefully GRob lights will come on @ OLT. Rookie Jamon Brown needs to be back @ OLG starting post where he preforms like a star. Garrett Reynolds & Demetrius Rhaney needs to be his game day top reserves. Meaning Boudreau needs to find & insert his new future starting rookie RG real soon.

I

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Damned right missing Hav could be significant, Elmgrovegnome.

But if Hav can't answer the bell, I suspect that they will leave Reynolds at LG and insert Williams at RT. On the theory that it is better to have a single change rather than a double move.

They must have felt it was too risky trying to block Minnesota's DEs with a rookie. Reynolds played ORT. Donnal looked overmatched at OLG, and we really missed the run blocking.