Rams without OT Rob Havenstein at Wednesday's practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's been our best OL so far in my opinion, although I haven't focused too much on the line recently. I'd definitely prefer not to lose him.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He has been our best rookie OL thus far. Any change in starters probably hurts this line.

jjab360

Legend
He's about league average but that makes him pretty much our best OL. Hasn't allowed a sack all season iirc and holds his own run blocking. Hope he's ready by Sunday.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher said he was going to rest a few guys that were banged up. Could be just a precaution.

If he didn't play it could be significant. That could move Reynolds from OLG to ORT. Reynolds has been helping the second year OLT learn his way. So then they would most likely bring a rookie G into OLG.

It could definitely be a downgrade.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pretty sure Havenstein is fine. Everyone is banged up. It's likely well deserved rest.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Havenstein, and a pulling Reynolds, opened up an elevator door, just in time, for a speeding Gurley, on his long run. There were other blocks, but I thought theirs were key.

RamWoodie

Legend
He's about league average but that makes him pretty much our best OL. Hasn't allowed a sack all season iirc and holds his own run blocking. Hope he's ready by Sunday.
League average...have you been watching the games???

Havenstein is above league average when you factor in he's a rookie and he's only getting better every week. He's not going to be talked about over the veterans of the league but what makes him so good already is he was fundamentally sound before he got in camp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is this an issue? Don't know much about him.

Not really much of an issue these days. Fisher seems to have really softened up a bit for players dinged up especially starters. Also our new routine is to come in Monday for video and playbook work and rolling out the gameplan then they practice Tues/Weds and have Thursday off. So giving him Weds of gets him 2 days in a row of rest. He'll practice tomorrow the last practice day of the week and all will be good.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Fisher said he was going to rest a few guys that were banged up. Could be just a precaution.

If he didn't play it could be significant. That could move Reynolds from OLG to ORT. Reynolds has been helping the second year OLT learn his way. So then they would most likely bring a rookie G into OLG.

It could definitely be a downgrade.

Damned right missing Hav could be significant, Elmgrovegnome.

But if Hav can't answer the bell, I suspect that they will leave Reynolds at LG and insert Williams at RT. On the theory that it is better to have a single change rather than a double move.

Shuie3225

Starter
Wisconsin O-lineman are straight monsters. Rob has been great so far for a rookie on the right side and is getting a couple days to rest up.

He'll be ready by Sunday.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No issue just resting some of the banged up players going to be happening more often than not for the rest of the season. Havenstein has been exactly what the Doctor ordered. He's made some crushing run blocks and has held up very well in pass protection and mentally is as sound of an offensive linemen that the Rams have had in quite some time!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Replacing who @brokeu91 ?

I'm not advocating this - the Rams are already carrying one extra OL compared to previous years - but I haven't heard of them replacing Watts yet.

Edit: I could be wrong there. I forget - who did they replace Saffold with?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Damned right missing Hav could be significant, Elmgrovegnome.

But if Hav can't answer the bell, I suspect that they will leave Reynolds at LG and insert Williams at RT. On the theory that it is better to have a single change rather than a double move.

I don't recall seeing Williams at ORT at all. If he hasn't played there then that could be a disaster. Reynolds is the backup Righ Tackle. I really think they would move him there. Then let Wichman or Donnal at OLG, maybe even Williams. Whichever is best.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
it's an Achilles injury I believe. Fisher said in his press conference it had flared up last Saturday before the game and he then sat out a few plays during the game. If that's still the issue its not good. those Achilles injuries are nagging and don't get better unless rested. so he might be fighting this the rest of the season or until it permanently side lines him

Alan

Legend
Akrasian with this:
I'm not advocating this - the Rams are already carrying one extra OL compared to previous years - but I haven't heard of them replacing Watts yet.

I don't know about Saffold but I do know Watts replaced Christian Bryant so they'll probably bring him back.

You can't replace Havenstein unless you put him on IR or the PS and I'm I don't think he's eligible for the PS and would be scooped up immediately if he was @brokeu91 .