Rams will benefit if D Jackson signs with Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

http://www.chatsports.com/st-louis-...on-To-Sign-With-The-Oakland-Raiders-2-9581601

If the Redskins are able to ascertain the services of DeSean Jackson, the effect on the Rams will be minimal. However, if Jackson were to end up on the Oakland Raiders, it could benefit the Rams in several, very positive, ways…

First and foremost, Jackson to Oakland takes the Raiders out of the running for Sammy Watkins in the Top 10. With a Pro Bowl-caliber player on the depth chart, they would likely shift their attention to their massive need at left tackle to protect newly-crowned quarterback, Matt Schaub, or for a pass rusher on the defensive side of the ball, to replace the departed Lamarr Houston.

I will surprised if Snyder lets Jackson get out of DC...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I know it's not Sammy, but if Jackson signs with the Redskins that takes them out of the running for Kenny Britt.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I know it's not Sammy, but if Jackson signs with the Redskins that takes them out of the running for Kenny Britt.

I just don't have much confidence in Britt. He is the kind of player that plays well for Fisher, though.

duckhunter

Starter
Redskins seems like the fit.

I don't see Schaub with the arm to get it to Jackson. Watkins can play that dink or dunk thing.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am stiill a bit confused about the fascination with Britt. Maybe I am missing something, but didn't Fisher just say he was happy with our present receivers?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.chatsports.com/st-louis-...on-To-Sign-With-The-Oakland-Raiders-2-9581601

If the Redskins are able to ascertain the services of DeSean Jackson, the effect on the Rams will be minimal. However, if Jackson were to end up on the Oakland Raiders, it could benefit the Rams in several, very positive, ways…

First and foremost, Jackson to Oakland takes the Raiders out of the running for Sammy Watkins in the Top 10. With a Pro Bowl-caliber player on the depth chart, they would likely shift their attention to their massive need at left tackle to protect newly-crowned quarterback, Matt Schaub, or for a pass rusher on the defensive side of the ball, to replace the departed Lamarr Houston.

I will surprised if Snyder lets Jackson get out of DC...

Didn't the Raiders just sign a big name WR named James Jones? Raiders signed the Bucs starting OLT Penn for the last few seasons & paid Penn a large contract to start @ OLT.Plus the Raiders are grooming last yrs high second round selection OLT Menelik Watson as the future OLT. I do not think that OLT is high on their minds. I still think they want a young fast WR like Sammy.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I just don't have much confidence in Britt. He is the kind of player that plays well for Fisher, though.

I am stiill a bit confused about the fascination with Britt. Maybe I am missing something, but didn't Fisher just say he was happy with our present receivers?

I don't have much confidence in Britt either, but at least he's something. Obviously Fisher likes him or he wouldn't have so much interest.

Ram_of_Old

I don't have much confidence in Britt either, but at least he's something. Obviously Fisher likes him or he wouldn't have so much interest.

"at least he's something" We are sitting here with two first round picks. I don't think we to be satisfied with just "something." Just Saying....we can do better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is rather he sign with the Raiders or Panthers.

I'm sick of seeing the hype machine in Washington! ESPN is difficult to watch because of it.

Ram_of_Old

I'm sick of seeing the hype machine in Washington! ESPN is difficult to watch because of it.

Living close to DC makes it that much worse. RG2.5 is making me sick.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
"at least he's something" We are sitting here with two first round picks. I don't think we to be satisfied with just "something." Just Saying....we can do better.

What we have at the WR position right now is "nothing". Britt is better than anything we have, and he doesn't come with a major learning curve. He gets the NFL already.

Obviously we won't be satisfied, but if we aren't taking Watkins we still need an upgrade. A small upgrade is better than no upgrade.

Ram_of_Old

I like Evans. His height can really give Sam a target in the red zone.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What we have at the WR position right now is "nothing". Britt is better than anything we have, and he doesn't come with a major learning curve. He gets the NFL already.

Obviously we won't be satisfied, but if we aren't taking Watkins we still need an upgrade. A small upgrade is better than no upgrade.

If an NFL team has utilized a First Round #8 selection in 2013 & it also cost a 2nd round 2013 draft selection for a nothing WR....
If an NFL team has utilized the first selection of the second round draft selection in 2012 for a nothing WR...
If an NFL team has also used a 3rd round selection in 2013 for a nothing WR....
If an NFL team has utilized a first pick on the 4th rd. of the 2012 draft selection on a nothing WR ......

And all those nothing WR's were the top four WR's for this NFL team would that GM still be working for that NFL team today?

Somehow by the right moon,stars & sun alignment I believe fully that by the end of the 2014 season ALL of the "nothing" WR's currently here as Rams will have changed that opinion of nothing into SOMETHING!.

Ram_of_Old

If an NFL team has utilized a First Round #8 selection in 2013 & it also cost a 2nd round 2013 draft selection for a nothing WR....
If an NFL team has utilized the first selection of the second round draft selection in 2012 for a nothing WR...
If an NFL team has also used a 3rd round selection in 2013 for a nothing WR....
If an NFL team has utilized a first pick on the 4th rd. of the 2012 draft selection on a nothing WR ......

And all those nothing WR's were the top four WR's for this NFL team would that GM still be working for that NFL team today?

Somehow by the right moon,stars & sun alignment I believe fully that by the end of the 2014 season ALL of the "nothing" WR's currently here as Rams will have changed that opinion of nothing into SOMETHING!.

I hope you are right. We will see...

SierraRam

Recreational User

If they keep RG3 upright, that could be a dangerous duo. (big if)

I don't care where he goes as long as it ain't the conspicuously quite whiners and hags - I guess throw in the Cards too

Ram_of_Old

If they keep RG3 upright, that could be a dangerous duo. (big if)

I don't care where he goes as long as it ain't the conspicuously quite whiners and hags - I guess throw in the Cards too

Where ever he goes he will help the team for a while. Then he will get disgruntled, if he isn't in jail for something before. I really think Snyder will pay him anything he wants. Redskins fans will flip.